Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Last time you found a firearm or ammo at a garage or yard sale

I read on forums about people finding rifles/shotguns and ammo at yard and garage sales. I've never seen such a thing in my life.

Could you tell me about the last time you saw such a thing, and what the macro- and micro-neighboorhoods were like?

(i.e. if I had found some today, it would be '5/27/08, suburbia/rich-homes in a small liberal college town')

Glade Mill Lake, Cooperstown, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

Default Re: Last time you found a firearm or ammo at a garage or yard sale

At the wildwood flea market outside of pittsburgh I have seen many shotguns and rifles. I walked away with an enfeild no.5 mark 2 one day for $85.

Rodgers Ohio flea market has alot of guns. My cousin got a .22 there one time......and a dog.

As for the smaller yard sales and such, I have seen a deer rifle or two. Guess you just have to be in "the sticks"

(Luzerne County)

I made out well last year. I found 2 beretta 92 mags and 2 1911 mags. and I don't recall how much ammo. There was a few boxes of each of 357 mag 38s and 45acp.
    Took it all home for $20.00. I did have to replace one of the bottom plates on one ot the 92 mags.
    troll Free. It's all in your mind.

(Erie County)

Quote Originally Posted by p-11 shooter View Post

Rodgers Ohio flea market has alot of guns. My cousin got a .22 there one time......and a dog.
    When was the last time you've been there? Last time I went, I only saw one guy hawking one rifle. I go there all the time, what a great place!

(Luzerne County)

ALL of my yard sales have guns and ammo in them

(Luzerne County)

I saw both at a flea market last weekend. I was looking for a bayonet for my new Mossy.

The "ammo table" had very old stuff, in numbers with which I was unfamiliar. I'm guessing military rifle in the WW2 timeframe?

The "knife table" had a couple of old, small rifles, but just as I got there a guy was telling the vendor he didn't feel safe firing either one. They had definitely seen better days...like, before Elvis was famous.

Now, I've attended several auctions where dozens of rifles have gone, and some of them went into the thousands. Around here, auctions are a seller's market.

(Pike County)

At a garage sale, 20+ years ago at a farm in NJ, 2 rifles, wall hangers. At a flea market, last year at the one off rt. 33 south of Snydersville, a Winchester .22 levergun that had seen better days, and the guy wanted top dollar for it.
    In the big flea market in Marshalls Creek on rt. 209 these is an antique gun dealer, speciallizes in Civil War guns that has a regular stall. He's been there for a very long time. High prices.

(Delaware County)

The only person I've ever seen with firearms related stuff on a table at a yard sale is me...

(Mercer County)

In 1986 I was living in Montana and bought a 1872 Sharps Rifle chambered in 50-90 and Colt Single Action Army chambered in .44-40; I was happy as a pig in shit to find and be able to purchase these historic firearms.

These two firearms are wall hangers as they were rusted and pitted and had some parts missing when I got them, their condition leaves a lot to be desired but I cleaned them up as best I could over the years and was able to locate and purchase most of the missing parts.

I bought them for "junk" price as they were "junk" with no collectors value. I am still happy with this purchase and they make great conversation starters.

oracle
    The oracle is in. Age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill!!

(Centre County)

pex, last year was the inaugural sporting goods gargage sale at my place. Besides myself, at least 4 other PaFOA members joind me. We offered nothing other than sporting good. We had ammo, reloading stuff, guns, firearms books, milsurp, fishing stuff, exercise equipment and other stuff relating to outdoor sports.

In fact I am getting ready to post to get this years planned. Watch the Centre Co. section.
    Ron USAF Ret E-8 FFL01/SOT3 NRA Benefactor Member

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast