Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Philadelphia County)

Default 7.62x39 GO and NO-GO Gauge

I am in the process of building a vz58 and am looking for someone who has a set of gauges that I could borrow to properly headspace with. If I had more projects lined up that were chambered in 7.62x39 I would buy some for myself, but this is the only build in the near future that is going to be in this caliber.

I am located in Philadelphia and work in Bensalem, but could drive anywhere in the Philadelphia area and surrounding counties to pick them up.

I currently have access to a TIG welder and a 3d printer so I could work out some sort of trade for services for the use of the gauges. I will also have access to a few lathes in a short amount of time as well.

Let me know if you have a pair and are willing to let me borrow them.

Default Re: 7.62x39 GO and NO-GO Gauge

Sorry can't help you on the guage front. Just wanted to say hello and wish you good luck on the vz58 build. I love mine (profile pic) and always enjoy hearing about others who like them. Post pics when you're done
    Practicing free speech outside of the designated free speech zones.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by Shisno View Post
    Sorry can't help you on the guage front. Just wanted to say hello and wish you good luck on the vz58 build. I love mine (profile pic) and always enjoy hearing about others who like them. Post pics when you're done
    I can't wait to get it finished. I have been working on it in my spare time over the last few months. I am building it on an ORF receiver. I already pinned and welder a muzzle break on it and cleaned up and fitted everything to the receiver. I am just waiting to put in my last order for the compliance parts next week. The last major things I need to do is head space it and make a new gas piston for it. I will be sure to post pictures when I am finished.

(Washington County)

I use a live round as a go gauge, but my back yard is also a shooting range and I can do it in a safe direction, so that might not work for you, or you could remove the firing pin from the bolt. I live dangerously what can I say. I have a no-go gauge but you people that always ask for this kind of stuff are always on the wrong side of the state. I don't recall it being that expensive, or I wouldn't have bought it!
    In America arms are free merchandise such that anyone who has the capital may make their houses into armories and their gardens into parks of artillery. - Ira Allen, 1796

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by CollegeSheepDog View Post
    I use a live round as a go gauge, but my back yard is also a shooting range and I can do it in a safe direction, so that might not work for you, or you could remove the firing pin from the bolt. I live dangerously what can I say. I have a no-go gauge but you people that always ask for this kind of stuff are always on the wrong side of the state. I don't recall it being that expensive, or I wouldn't have bought it!
    I have already removed the firing pin and have used a live round as well as an few spent casings to get it close. It will close on a live round and will lock up properly, and when i add a few pieces of tape onto the back of the round it will not fully lock so I know i am pretty close. I would just like to do it with a set of gauges as well to double check.