Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Fobus Holsters - Thoughts?

Curious to know how you guys feel about Fobus Holsters.

Why do you like them? What makes you not like them?

Have been contracted by them to collect some critique, whether it be positive, or negative, so they can potentially alter the way they identify their brand going forward.

It's a general consensus that in the holster industry, Fobus identifies as the Hyundai of the car world. Inexpensive, but gets the job done. People like their holsters, but many also don't. Kind of would like to figure out why, on both cases.

(Tioga County)

Default Re: Fobus Holsters - Thoughts?

I have two - one for my LCP, one for my P95.

There are lightweight. I like how they hold the gun close to the body. The wide paddle prevents any sag from the weight of the gun. The LCP holster makes concealing super easy. No slipping and sliding on the waistband.

I have never had problems with retention. With the LCP I can hold the holster upside down and not shake the gun loose. With the P95, I never tried the shake loose test due to it's weight, but during my first OC encounter with the PPD, the cop that insisted on disarming me had a rough time removing the gun from the holster.

I have had them for several years and they still look and work great.
    MikeP

(Lawrence County)

Wasn't this done with a Fobus holster? Doesn't say on this video but I seem to remember it was.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by priell3 View Post
    I have two - one for my LCP, one for my P95.

There are lightweight. I like how they hold the gun close to the body. The wide paddle prevents any sag from the weight of the gun. The LCP holster makes concealing super easy. No slipping and sliding on the waistband.

I have never had problems with retention. With the LCP I can hold the holster upside down and not shake the gun loose. With the P95, I never tried the shake loose test due to it's weight, but during my first OC encounter with the PPD, the cop that insisted on disarming me had a rough time removing the gun from the holster.

I have had them for several years and they still look and work great.
    +1.

Have two for glocks. Firm retention, years of use, no problems.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grey Bearded One View Post
    He's allowed because he's special.

I like them because the have paddle holsters for less common guns, like my Walther p22. I don't know if i would carry my EDC in one, since i think they are a bit flimsy, but you cant beat it for strapping on the P22 for some pinking on my hikes in Penns Woods.

(Tioga County)

Quote Originally Posted by jerkin View Post
    Wasn't this done with a Fobus holster? Doesn't say on this video but I seem to remember it was.
    I don't know if that was a Fobus holster, but I don't see that being done with the ones I have. The holster is triple riveted to the paddle. For all we know, that video could have been a set up.

If someone tried that on me, they'd get an elbow to the teeth.
    MikeP

(Bucks County)

Hyundai means dogshit in Korean.

I've been wanting to get a Fobus for a while. Even if they are made by infidel Jews. It would go nicely with my Kareen HiPower.

(Lycoming County)

I have a couple and like them. They work pretty well and I have used them for CC. I prefer something with a little more retention for OC personally. They're hard to beat for the price point though. I am probably going to pick up another for my GP100 before spring and will use it for fishing carry.

(Montgomery County)

I carry a Ruger LC9 Pro. I have both the Fobus IWB and OWB holsters. The LC9 Pro has only a trigger safety so covering the trigger is important to me to prevent any accidental discharge. Both holsters meet that need and both are designed for proper placement of the trigger finger when drawing. My trigger finger simply rests agains the bottom of the slide ready to reach the trigger. Retention of the OWB is excellent allowing for easy draw while keeping the gun securely in place. The IWB retention id dependent upon the tightness of the belt. I always wear a belt so it is not a problem for me, but it most likely would be for a person who does not. The IWB has a ventilated pad that allows for air circulation. Since I go IWB in the summer that is a nice feature. It keeps the gun from rubbing the skin while allowing some air circulation. The IWB can be removed without the need to open the belt.
    Both holsters are well made. They are relatively inexpensive when compared to some other makes. Generally, I think the prices are very good based upon the quality and performance.
    Of course, I have only used the LC9 holsters so I do not represent that Fobus holsters are suitable for other guns.

(Bucks County)

I use one for USPSA competitions with my Production pistol. I like it. Works well. I would not use it for carry, as I prefer a retention holster, but it is good, overall. For $20, great item.
    It's all fun and games, until someone loses an eye. Then it is hilarious.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast