Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789101112 LastLast

Thread: dui and buying

(Indiana County)

Default Re: dui and buying

Guys, there is a reason the forum has an ignore feature, use it and stop feeding the trolls.

(Berks County)

texting and driving is more dangerous

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by papatriot1981 View Post
    So, if I had 2 drinks and 22 hours later decided to drive, you think that I shouldn't? You are really ill-informed on alcohol intake. Sorry, but it's true.
    thats not what I said at all. But I'll be generous and chaulk it up to an honest mistake and not a deliberate misstating of what I did say.

What I said was, ask yourself, not ask me. If you ask yourself that question, and you answer honestly, and you do not drive if the answer is yes, then you will never have to worry abut being a drunk driver. You will just have to worry about being killed by one.

(Indiana County)

Quote Originally Posted by Lendog View Post
    texting and driving is more dangerous
    So?
    Does that make drinking and driving somehow the better option or something?

I'd say shaving and driving is more dangerous, as is cooking and driving, putting in your contacts and driving, etc...

The simple fact is that drunk driving is a choice, a choice people make that kills other people.

I have no sympathy for repeat drunk drivers that cry about "losing" their rights, they didn't "lose" them, they made a choice that caused their removal.

Actions have consequences, drunk driving can get your right to bear arms removed by societies rules, texting and driving, while idiotic and selfish, cannot get your right to bear removed.

(Berks County)

Original post-After seeing more than my fair share of deaths caused by drunk drivers, I think they should all be thrown in a hole.
    Maybe we should make smoking cigarettes and driving a punishable crime. Drop one and it poses a risk. Smoke one, it changes your mental perception. Just saying, crimes should focus on the victims if victims are involved, other than that, if it is a victimless crime, it should be graded as such. Also, i guess we should chop the fingers off of those who throw butts out the windows.

(Indiana County)

Quote Originally Posted by rywolf View Post
    Original post-After seeing more than my fair share of deaths caused by drunk drivers, I think they should all be thrown in a hole.
    Maybe we should make smoking cigarettes and driving a punishable crime. Drop one and it poses a risk. Smoke one, it changes your mental perception. Just saying, crimes should focus on the victims if victims are involved, other than that, if it is a victimless crime, it should be graded as such. Also, i guess we should chop the fingers off of those who throw butts out the windows.
    I'll feed you one time and one time only.

Would you consider it a victimless crime if I were shooting my FAL over your house while drunk?
    I mean it's a victimless crime right?
    I'm not shooting at your home, but over it, what does it matter that I'm drinking and shooting, I'm not doing it to hurt you, I'm doing it because I chose to get drunk.
    I mean I suppose if I shot out a few windows it would just be an accident, no big deal right?

Would you consider someone walking down your street randomly shooting at pebbles a victimless crime just because he hasn't shot anyone yet?

Drinking and driving is a choice, and those repeat offenders get no sympathy from me, throw them in a hole or in jail, because as a repeat offender they have shown they have little compassion for their fellow man.

Nobody in their right mind should think that it's a good idea to drink and drive, and if they do, I doubt they have the mental capacity to be a gun owner anyway.
    I'm not talking about a beer after work at a buddies house and then going home, I'm talking about that guy we all know that leaves work and stops for three or ten before driving home.

You wanna have a beer after work, go ahead, but when it becomes three or four in an hour, you have made a choice that you could care less about your fellow citizen, and at that point I think you deserve to be tossed in a damp hole to think about it for a while.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Deadpan View Post
    If your DUIs were in PA, you can go here, select common pleas courts, and search by participant name. Enter the required information and it should return your cases. Let us know what section of law you were convicted of (i.e. "75 § 3802 §§ C") and approximate dates. It will make it easier to give you an idea of whether or not you are actually prohibited from possessing firearms.

75 § 3802 M1 2005. Grading based on refusal to submit to blood test. Blew . 12 Stop program.

75 § 3731 A1 and A4 in 1997. I also was underage which was a summary offense. ARD . BAC 14 bac

I don't want a permit to carry, or to run around town. I'd just like to be able to protect myself in my home. It would have been nice to shoot birds down for my dog, but such is life when you screw up. The 2nd one was in my driveway. I just didn't have the money up front for a good lawyer. Long story short, I'm just thankful I didn't hurt anyone or myself.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by 39flathead View Post
    I'll feed you one time and one time only.

Would you consider it a victimless crime if I were shooting my FAL over your house while drunk?
    I mean it's a victimless crime right?
    I'm not shooting at your home, but over it, what does it matter that I'm drinking and shooting, I'm not doing it to hurt you, I'm doing it because I chose to get drunk.
    I mean I suppose if I shot out a few windows it would just be an accident, no big deal right?

Would you consider someone walking down your street randomly shooting at pebbles a victimless crime just because he hasn't shot anyone yet?

Drinking and driving is a choice, and those repeat offenders get no sympathy from me, throw them in a hole or in jail, because as a repeat offender they have shown they have little compassion for their fellow man.

Nobody in their right mind should think that it's a good idea to drink and drive, and if they do, I doubt they have the mental capacity to be a gun owner anyway.
    I'm not talking about a beer after work at a buddies house and then going home, I'm talking about that guy we all know that leaves work and stops for three or ten before driving home.

You wanna have a beer after work, go ahead, but when it becomes three or four in an hour, you have made a choice that you could care less about your fellow citizen, and at that point I think you deserve to be tossed in a damp hole to think about it for a while.
    I guess as long as you weren't hurting anyone and it wasn't after a certain hour. Sure, why not? Something different for sure, but seriously, you don't have to be a flagrant butt about it:-) You've probably been in more bars than I have been. If you'd read my first post you would have noticed I was underage. I'm sure there were bars that would have served me, but I would have been to scared to try. The 2nd one I was coming from a bar. The works, had 2 20 ounce beers in less than an hour and drove home. I was followed to my home, at which point I was arrested after admitting I had consumed alcohol. The officer later admitted the only reason he arrested me was because he thought I was going to run into the game lands, which I lived next to at that time. But, you know, I should be locked up while you race your motorcycle down the highway at 100 plus.
    What you don't understand is, the laws most certainly are geared for making money, otherwise they would throw the key away. For those who do shot after shot and drive, cause an accident, kill, I'm sure they are charged accordingly. What you may not understand is that the laws are governed around drug enforcement laws. I'm the same criminal as a thief, drug dealer, and many more that fall under the M1 category. Personally, I think your license should be suspended for exceeding the speed limit by 10 miles an hour. It's a privilege to drive, so if you're going to do the crime, we should be ready to do the time. I did mine, you'll get yours you outstanding law-abiding citizen :-)
    Last edited by rywolf; July 25th, 2014 at 10:21 PM.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by rywolf View Post
    Also, i guess we should chop the fingers off of those who throw butts out the windows.
    I would be in favour of this. One finger each time you do it. When you run out of fingers, we work our way up the arm.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by 39flathead View Post
    So?
    Does that make drinking and driving somehow the better option or something?

I'd say shaving and driving is more dangerous, as is cooking and driving, putting in your contacts and driving, etc...

The simple fact is that drunk driving is a choice, a choice people make that kills other people.

I have no sympathy for repeat drunk drivers that cry about "losing" their rights, they didn't "lose" them, they made a choice that caused their removal.

Actions have consequences, drunk driving can get your right to bear arms removed by societies rules, texting and driving, while idiotic and selfish, cannot get your right to bear removed.
    your right and these other dangerous actions are also a choice of a driver so shouldn't their 2A rights also be removed, sent to safe driving classes and loss of license

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789101112 LastLast