Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Westmoreland County)

Default Number ten is a winner.

It was never my intention of collecting any one-manufacturer firearm. I’m more of a shooter than collector, Anyway I did end up with ten Rugers the latest being a Single Six I bought used in very good condition, from a forum member. My first chance to shoot it was today. I used the oldest cheapest 22LR ammo I have, I fired 3 cylinders not a light strike in the bunch and all 18 went bang. They grouped high at 30 feet in very tight groups. The Single Six is a nice addition to the rest of the collection.

(Carbon County)

Default Re: Number ten is a winner.

I've owned several single sixes and I agree that it is a terrific little revolver. I wish that I still had one in my collection. Sounds like you got a keeper.

(Lycoming County)

Quote Originally Posted by hornady View Post
    It was never my intention of collecting any one-manufacturer firearm. I’m more of a shooter than collector, Anyway I did end up with ten Rugers the latest being a Single Six I bought used in very good condition, from a forum member. My first chance to shoot it was today. I used the oldest cheapest 22LR ammo I have, I fired 3 cylinders not a light strike in the bunch and all 18 went bang. They grouped high at 30 feet in very tight groups. The Single Six is a nice addition to the rest of the collection.

I know what you mean. I've somehow accumulated 6 Ruger handguns over the years. More than double the most of any other manufacturer I have in the gun safe. The Single Six was my first Ruger, also my first handgun. It's going on 17 years of shooting now and still regularly makes it's way into the range bag. Definetly one of my favorites.

Pic's ?

(York County)

Count me in as a Ruger 'collector' as well. And, like the rest of you, not by design, but because they make great products at a great valve, and they are all fun to shoot. I started with a P-89 as my first handgun, and have since owned Vaquero's, Single Six's, Blackhawk, 10/22, and most recently a SR1911. I'm hooked!

(Lawrence County)

Welcome to the Family, it's a nice one to grow into. I also have more than I can enjoy at one outing. Just makes me want to get out more often...
    For those who've never fought for it, the price of freedom shall never be known.

(Westmoreland County)

At the time I talked to a guy about a Colt Scout he had, it started out he wanted $150.00 for it. He must have done some checking on it’s worth after talking to me, In any case he backed out, glad he did now. It had fixed sights and needed a Bluing job. The Ruger has adjustable sights and the gun is in much better shape. My other two Ruger revolvers are the NMBH in 45LC and SBH in 44Mag. The rest are semi auto pistols and two rifles. My first Ruger was an MK2 I bought back in the early 70s. I still have it, god only knows how many rounds have gone threw it.