Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Cumberland County)

Default I think my pistol doesn't like other people...

It malfunctions at least once every time I take it out and let someone else use it. However personally I only ever had it malfunction once over a year ago myself.

Since anyone using my pistol never really shot a fun before I think it might have something to do with limp writing.

However I've heard that the particular model of my gun can have light strikes on the primer which is what it looks like when I inspect the round after I clear it when someone else uses it. This hasn't happened to me in such a long time but it still makes me a little concerned.

It is a ruger sr9c and I bought it used over a year ago. It looked new when I got it at a local fun shop, plus the only other one I saw had the silver slide and I wanted the black coated slide.

I've tried to replicate limp wristing when firing myself but I haven't gotten it to malfunction myself doing this so I just don't know. Maybe it's got a mind of its own or something. I must of put over a thousand rounds through it myself over the time I've owned it too.

(Bucks County)

Default Re: I think my pistol doesn't like other people...

Does it have the new Authorized User Only Technology? Man, you are ahead of the game if you move to NY.

(Cumberland County)

With all the ridiculous amounts of safety features on ruger handguns I wouldn't be surprised if that was an hidden feature.

What ammo are you using when OP have malfunctions?
    BCM and Glock...for a bigger pile of 'cold dead hands' brass.

(Cumberland County)

It happened with different types from reloaded to steel to normal brass ammo. It just happens with other people.

(Chester County)

I would not trust a gun that was unreliable, even with suspected "limp wristing". To test my carry firearms, I purposely limp wrist them to see if they will fail. They don't fail, and I carry them because I want to make sure they operate reliably even if I am partially incapacitated, and can't get an optimal grip on the pistol.

I would send the gun back to Ruger citing the reliability problems. While I like the SR9, the large loaded chamber indicator billboard distracts me, and is a deal breaker.

(Lackawanna County)

Send it back to Ruger and tell them to revolverize it, then when you get it back, anyone will be able to shoot it without problem.
    Government 99 and 44/100 % pure bullshit.

(Cumberland County)

That's the thing. I haven't been able to mimic the malfunctions purposely limp wristing it myself.

I guess I could contact ruger about it and see what can be done. Kind of annoying it see this happen to everyone besides me. I seem to have a nac in buying guns with ejection issues.

My 10/22 lived to jam all the time until I took out the extractor and put it back in. My ar15 also shot like a bolt action until I bought a 6 dollar extractor spring upgrade. Damn extractors in guns hate me.

(Bucks County)

Talking Re: I think my pistol doesn't like other people...

OK , listen up, I'm about to make a funny!! Again, I AM KIDDING. TYHIS IS A LIGHT-HEARTED POST OF NO CONSEQUENCE". Do not be offended, I make joke.

Hey OP, wanna know how we all know you're gay? Because you hang out with a bunch of limp-wristed people! Get it ? limp-wristed? You gotta hold a gun with a firm gri..... oh heck, you get the joke!

Ok, here's the apology!! I'm sorry. I do not disparage gay people, I couldn't care less what sins you commit. I'm guilty of enough garbage myself that I don't care what you do behind closed doors. I think you all should have equal rights as a couple, but I am offended if you call it marriage. AGAIN, it was a childish joke, and you all laughed, if you are honest with yourselves you laughed, you know you did. Hell, the Super moderator that is about to punish me for it is probably wiping snot off his upper lip as he hits me with the ban hammer.

It was funny, you know it was funny, you laughed , and you are jealous that you didn't think of it first.

You just told your life story to tell a joke...here's your sign.

Hahaha.....I'm just joking.
    BCM and Glock...for a bigger pile of 'cold dead hands' brass.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast