Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: Bloomberg Wants People to Talk About Gun Laws During Thanksgiving

Part of my Thanksgiving prayer at dinner..."and thank You, Lord, for my state and its gun laws. Criminals usually shoot you before you can hit them with a bat, as You well know. Thank You, O Lord, that I can shoot them before they shoot me or my family". Now, let's eat.
    BCM and Glock...for a bigger pile of 'cold dead hands' brass.

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by ungawa View Post
    Where did you find that quote on the website? I can't find it.
    What quote? I got links through out my entire post.

(Philadelphia County)

If the topic of gun laws comes up at Thanksgiving, I might talk about how idiotic they are and how they are unConstitutional.

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Knight View Post
    What quote? I got links through out my entire post.
    your post says this:

Before engaging the enemy, know the facts ...
    Quote:
    And then has a list of 18 items inside of forum quotes format, and then goes back to you saying this:

... borrowed from http://www.gunfacts.info/ -- the more you know, the better we can turn these "discussions" with anti's around to our advantage.
    Did you just type the 18 items in forum quotes format right now by hand, did you quote it from the website (you say, "borrowed from //www.gunfacts.info/", so I figured you quoted from them), did you quote something you typed out yourself another place or another time, or did you quote someone else?

When I see:

"Quote"

And then stuff in forum quote format
    And then:

"borrowed from..."

I assume you quoted something.

(Montgomery County)

Sorry I'd rather eat a good meal, spend time with family, watch some football and reflect upon the great freedoms this country has to offer - not try to brainwash my family into liberal morons.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by jthrelf View Post
    Sorry I'd rather eat a good meal, spend time with family, watch some football and reflect upon the great freedoms this country has to offer - not try to brainwash my family into liberal morons.
    Pretty much this. Thanksgiving should be about coming together as a family, regardless of beliefs. It's one of the times that politics and dissension should be swept aside. Why would I want to ruin Thanksgiving by angering a liberal with facts? I've been ignoring any and all attempts to get me into some pointless "discussion" about all hot button issues for years now. It's far more enjoyable.
    You can never have enough horsepower or ammunition.

Here's my Thanksgiving tradition...

Up early with the kids and go hunting, come back around noon and get cleaned up, eat and enjoy my family, then nap.

Blooming idiot can kiss my ass.

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by ungawa View Post
    your post says this:

And then has a list of 18 items inside of forum quotes format, and then goes back to you saying this:

Did you just type the 18 items in forum quotes format right now by hand, did you quote it from the website (you say, "borrowed from //www.gunfacts.info/", so I figured you quoted from them), did you quote something you typed out yourself another place or another time, or did you quote someone else?

When I see:

"Quote"

And then:

"borrowed from..."

I assume you quoted something.
    Download the gunfacts PDF document from the link that I provided. They have three versions ... small (good for viewing on the screen), medium (good for printing) and large (for professional presentations / publishing). Read all 100+ pages. You'll find more quotes in that document to support the right to keep and bear arms than you can shake a stick at. For example, this is taken from page 105 ...
    SERIOUS QUESTIONS TO ASK YOURSELF
    • If guns are effective enough to be a criminal's preferred tool, why are they not good enough to use for protection?
    • Why do politicians insist their bodyguards be armed, but not you and me?
    • If guns are "too dangerous" to be in our society, then why do our leaders want to be the only ones who have them? Do you trust our leaders implicitly to protect you at all times?
    Last edited by Sir Knight; November 22nd, 2013 at 12:19 PM.

(Northampton County)

OK, so you put it together from reviewing it, correct?

I was only asking to see if there was a better formatted version of what exactly what you posted. Now I think you actually wrote that yourself (or compiled it) but put it in quotes for some reason.

I say "think," because you still haven't actually answered my question. You still haven't answered whether or not you put it together, wrote it, or copied it from somewhere.

Regardless, I think I can conclude the answer. Thanks.

(Bucks County)

I love Thanksgiving as it is My favorite holiday. I like to spend some time out in the woods on my acreage reflecting before dinner and enjoy the outdoors.

I will be thankful for many things as I reflect including that I do not live in a shithole like New York (especially after doing some time in Manhattan this week on business) and being able to possess my "toys for big boys" and enjoy having and shooting them.

Fortunately that POS Bloomberg will not be in my thoughts as I enjoy the woods. And at dinner, I am sure some very positive conversation will come up about our toys and our firearms heritage as it always does being in a family that has always owned and cherished their firearms.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast