Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Ruger LCP

(Allegheny County)

Default Ruger LCP

Just purchased a LCP. Had a keltec 380 a bit ago. The LCP is a better gun. It was worth the extra money. I ran 102 grain Golden Sabers through the keltec and it seemed to like those. The LCP is no different. However, not being one to accept "good enough" when it comes to much, are there better alternatives out there. If you have experience with something that you think is better, I'd appreciate hearing from you. Thanks.

(Bucks County)

Default Re: Ruger LCP

I bought an lcp about a month ago. I have a little over 100 rounds out of it and can't complain. I basically bought it to keep in my pocket for days I don't feel like cc'ing my xd.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Snuff View Post
    I bought an lcp about a month ago. I have a little over 100 rounds out of it and can't complain. I basically bought it to keep in my pocket for days I don't feel like cc'ing my xd.
    Cool! What ammo does yours like?

(York County)

s used to have an LCP for a BUG or for carry when a bigger pistol just wouldn't fit the bill. I carried these rounds in it:

https://www.buffalobore.com/index.ph...t_detail&p=129

I only ran a few mags of it through, but they fed, fired, and ejected fine. Snappy as can be, but fine.
    Last edited by TwistedCopper; November 24th, 2013 at 09:13 PM.

(Franklin County)

Quote Originally Posted by glock4life View Post
    If you have experience with something that you think is better, I'd appreciate hearing from you. Thanks.
    Better at what?
    There are certainly better choices more accuracy and power but I don't think there's a better choice for something to keep in your pocket because you won't find anything smaller, lighter or more reliable that can put as much ballistic energy down range.

(Washington County)

I shot an LCP today and I wasn't too happy with the minimal sights. When I shot a comparable Taurus model, I thought it had better sights, maybe I'm imaging it.

Either way, my friend wants $200 for his barely used LCP so I think I might take him up on it, although I would rather have an LC9 and not have to dive into another caliber.
    In America arms are free merchandise such that anyone who has the capital may make their houses into armories and their gardens into parks of artillery. - Ira Allen, 1796

(Monroe County)

My LCP exceeded my expectations , great little gun , very accurate too for such a small gun.

Mine shoots magsafes, Remington golden saber, Magtech, Federal Hydrashock, very well but it is exceptionally ccurate with Winchester silvertips so that is what i carry in it.

(Clarion County)

Got some good info here on the LCP: http://rugerpistolforums.com/forums/lcp-pocket/
    It ain't what they call you, it's what you answer to.

(Bucks County)

I wanted a lc9 for pocket pistol initially, but the size difference with the LCP sold me. There is a noticeable difference in size and noticeably I put both in my pocket and LCP was invisible while the LC9 barely fit.

Edit; I also use a desantis nemesis holster
    Last edited by Snuff; November 24th, 2013 at 08:47 PM.

(Bucks County)

I think the LCP is a great gun for most as it is about the easiest to carry. Trigger and sights leave something to be desired, but it is a tool made for a quick defensive scenario. Come to think of it, I need to get one.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast