Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: FNX .45

(Perry County)

Default FNX .45

Anyone have experience with this pistol?
    I've been thinking about getting a non-1911 high cap .45 pistol and this one seems to have the highest capacity (15+1). Watched some reviews on youtube so far and it seems like a great pistol.

It looks like it only comes in 2 colors though, duo-tone black and stainless and FDE. Not a big fan of the duo-tone and not sure I would like the FDE. I see some pictures online that shows a black (or maybe blued) slide. Are these modified or can you get them in all black?

Default Re: FNX .45

I like it a lot, for all the reasons you'll see online.

This is how mine came BNIB

The gun is fantastic. The aftermarket holster selection is a little small or custom, not a big deal, it can only be in one holster at a time anyhow.
    In order to get intelligent answers you must speak intelligently.

(Perry County)

hmm...they must not list all options on the FNH site then. Glad to see it comes in all black. I also see that yours came with the same mag bases as the FNX Tactical. on the FNH site, it shows thinner mag bases.

(Northampton County)

I have an FNP 45, love the gun but the mags would not feed WWB. Sent all 3 mags to FNH which they replaced with the newer large base models, same problem. It is my only 45 and other than the WWB ammo thing I would not change a thing on it, shoots great. A keeper.
    National Handgun Reciprocity
    End Gun Free Zones
    Fast & Furious show us the documents

Quote Originally Posted by jerryg View Post
    I have an FNP 45, love the gun but the mags would not feed WWB. Sent all 3 mags to FNH which they replaced with the newer large base models, same problem. It is my only 45 and other than the WWB ammo thing I would not change a thing on it, shoots great. A keeper.
    Out of curiosity, what does it feed with no issues?
    BCM and Glock...for a bigger pile of 'cold dead hands' brass.

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by 300WM View Post
    Out of curiosity, what does it feed with no issues?
    I have to go to work now, but it is a mag / ammo issue if you check an FN forum many people had the same problem. WWB ammo specs are pretty forgiving with a lot of leeway. I will get you a list of the ammo I have used successfully.
    End Gun Free Zones

I have the FNX 45 Tactical in FDE. It shoots flawlessly but spits a but with the can on it. They do come in all black, they are around 650 ish for the non-tactical model. The grip is surprisingly comfortable say to a Glock 21, even the gen4. All that, and they managed to squeeze 15 rounds in the mag. Standard ones come with 3, which means you basically load 1 box of ammo per mag reload, but its worth it. It is one of my favorite handguns i own.

Just as a side note, looking back i prob would have gotten the all black since the FDE cerakote get pretty dirty and is tough to clean. Other than that, i cannot complain a bit. Good luck and enjoy!!

(Tioga County)

Nice gun, just had it out this afternoon.

If it was a $1200 gun, I'd balk, but for the price at under $700, it's a deal. It is a well balanced comfortable shooter and accurate for the price you pay.

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by jerryg View Post
    I have to go to work now, but it is a mag / ammo issue if you check an FN forum many people had the same problem. WWB ammo specs are pretty forgiving with a lot of leeway. I will get you a list of the ammo I have used successfully.
    At the range I have been using Remington UMC 45 auto 230 gr.
    For carry I use Underwood 45 auto +P 230 gr bonded jacketed hollow point 1000 fps. Both with no issues.
    End Gun Free Zones

(York County)

Nice pistols. Don't judge any 45 ACP pistol based on the crappy WWB ammo.

The FNP45 has a great SA/DA trigger, good sights, and is a well made, finely machined pistol. The trigger guard is nice and big, and it can be comfortably shot with gloves on. The grip is, however, a little to fat for my liking (even with the smallest grip insert).

Personally, I prefer the XD or XDm full size polymer guns (they just "fit" my hands), but if a SA/DA trigger is what you want, I don't think there is much to compare the FN with in the same price range.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast