Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Default Re: BREAKING: Master Sergeant Christopher Grisham found guilty in right to carry tria

He was found guilty, by a jury?

Would like to have heard the judge's specific instructions.

Regardless, jury nullification people.

Default Re: BREAKING: Master Sergeant Christopher Grisham found guilty in right to carry tria

This open carrying incident aside, the Master Sgt has quite a history of being a douche.

MSGT Christopher Grisham is a liar

Grisham complained on his blog and on Twitter of fear, stress, and mental issues while he was in Afghanistan, and the Army subsequently did the right thing and sent him home about halfway through his tour.

Grisham saw no combat in Afghanistan. He publicly insists that he completed his tour there. This is a lie. Grisham boasts that he received a Bronze Star with V (valor) award for wiping out an Iraqi squad with only a grenade and a pistol. In three years of embedding with units in combat, I have never seen such a feat, nor heard about anything comparable. He uses the Bronze Star medal and “PTSD” as credentials, and simultaneously wields both the medal and “PTSD” to shut down anyone who dares challenge his views. He sometimes interacts with national media.

Grisham refuses to publish the narrative for his Bronze Star medal to support his claims.

Repeated FOIA requests return no evidence that Grisham ever engaged an Iraqi squad. No one who served with Grisham has come forward to support his statements. Where is his commander who submitted the story of wiping out an Iraqi squad? Give us names, a date, a place. If this occurred, he was out there with a unit and there would be plenty of witnesses.
    More at the link

(Allegheny County)

US Embassy Bangkok: US Soldier Running Rogue Operation?

http://www.michaelyon-online.com/us-...-operation.htm

A troubled US Army Soldier claimed to be assigned to the US Embassy in Bangkok for an unknown purpose.

The active duty counterintelligence soldier, who has a Top Secret clearance, is stationed at Fort Hood, Texas. Until recently, when I alerted the Army of a possible rogue operation, the counterintelligence sergeant listed his duty station as the US Embassy in Bangkok, Thailand.

The soldier has never been stationed in Thailand. There is no evidence that he has ever visited Thailand.

Master Sergeant C.J. Grisham has a history of money raising scams. After his internationally publicized arrest in Texas on a weapons-related charge, Grisham raised and absconded with more than $50,000 in legal defense funds. He did not use the money for his defense, but found an attorney who represented him pro bono. Grisham was convicted and fined $2,000, with no jail time. No charges have been filed over the disappearance of the money.

Many Thai women have been targets of scammers posing as US Soldiers who seek money and romance. Grisham has in the past made a small industry of advising women how to avoid such scams.

Grisham ran rogue operations of a personal nature while stationed in Afghanistan, using his official status as cover. Army commanders prematurely sent Grisham home from Afghanistan to Texas months before he completed his tour, after he complained on Twitter and on his personal website about his fear of enemy attacks and his mental health symptoms. Grisham saw no combat.

more at link...
    "Having a gun and thinking you are armed is like having a piano and thinking you are a musician" Col. Jeff Cooper (U.S.M.C. Ret.)
    Speed is fine, Accuracy is final

Guy is a scumbag and an embaresment to the uniform.
    -Ben

(Lancaster County)

Sounds like material for a John Grisham book.
    "You can't stop insane people from doing insane things by passing insane laws--that's insane!" -- Penn Jillette

"To my mind it is wholly irresponsible to go into the world incapable of preventing violence, injury, crime, and death. How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic." -- Ted Nugent

(York County)

Karma is a bitch.
    By failing to prepare, you are preparing to fail. Benjamin Franklin

(Monroe County)

Some folks don't realize how many whack jobs are in uniform, getting rid of them is not as easy as some seem to think. I have known more than my fair share and they seem to be able to slip and slide through the system effortlessly, but then again is am not right in the head either.

This fellow and many others are the reason to look real hard before we get behind anyone in any story out there. So many rush to believe these "HEROES" and then find out the are phonies. Adam Kokesh comes to mind
    Last edited by DennisH82; January 3rd, 2014 at 08:28 PM.

(Juniata County)

Quote Originally Posted by DennisH82 View Post
    Some folks don't realize how many whack jobs are in uniform, getting rid of them is not as easy as some seem to think. I have known more than my fair share and they seem to be able to slip and slide through the system effortlessly, but then again is am not right in the head either.

This fellow and many others are the reason to look real hard before we get behind anyone in any story out there. So many rush to believe these "HEROES" and then find out the are phonies. Adam Kokesh comes to mind
    Although what you are saying is true, nutters don't usually
    Make it to E-8. Assholes? Yes, idiots, yes. competence, on rare Occasion.
    "Cives Arma Ferant"

"I know I'm not James Bond, that's why I don't keep a loaded gun under the pillow, or bang Russian spies on a regular basis." - GunLawyer001

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by PAMedic=F|A= View Post
    Although what you are saying is true, nutters don't usually
    Make it to E-8. Assholes? Yes, idiots, yes. competence, on rare Occasion.
    I had the pleasure of helping to get rid of a whack job that made it the MSG and was given glowing references when he was picked up as a filler for our unit. During wars and other distractions within the ranks all sorts of SPECIAL people slip between the lines. When the standards are lowered to fill the need the real winners come outof hiding for glory and promotions.

As for assholes, it's a requirement for the senior ranks, I scored well in that department and graduated as an Asshole with teeth. I failed in the making shit up for any assignments with the secret squirrel corps or as a door gunner for the space shuttles.

An ending to this story? Man gets his guns back 4 years later.

Temple man gets seized guns back after more than 4 years
    http://kdhnews.com/news/local/temple...734aeaa98.html

TEMPLE — The weapons seized more than four years ago from Temple resident C.J. Grisham after his arrest by the Temple Police Department were finally returned to him Friday.

A video by Grisham’s son of the arrest went viral in the case that gained national attention and sparked the founding by Grisham of Open Carry Texas, a gun rights activist group.

The guns and ammunition were picked up at the Bell County Sheriff’s Department, which was one of the entities contacted in December 2013 that claimed it didn’t have the guns.

“I’m relieved that after 1,567 days, I finally have the guns back that were stolen from me by the Temple Police Department on a back country road where I was minding my own business,” Grisham said Wednesday.

A nonemergency caller to Temple Police on March 16, 2013, reported a man walking on Airport Road with a long gun. Officer Steve Ermis located Grisham and his son. Grisham said he took the weapons with him for protection from wild animals seen in the area.

Ermis said in court he tried to take Grisham’s rifle because he was afraid for his own safety and first charged him with resisting arrest. The Class A misdemeanor charge was later changed to interfering with the duties of a peace officer, but Ermis then claimed in court that he arrested Grisham for walking on the wrong side of the road.

Grisham said that the guns, a Black Jack Firearms AR-15 and Kimber Ultra Carry Pro II .45 caliber handgun, appeared to be in the same condition they were in when taken from him, along with his ammunition. He’s fired both guns and cleaned them both to make sure they worked correctly.

His demand letter filed on Dec. 5, 2013, for the return of his weapons sparked questions of Bell County agencies and officials by FME News Service as to the location of Grisham’s guns.

It was almost like an Abbott and Costello routine as Bell County law enforcement and county officials professed, “We don’t have the guns.”

It wasn’t until January 2016 that the location of Grisham’s guns was cleared up when Bell County Attorney Jim Nichols said that the guns were in the custody of the Bell County Sheriff’s Department.

Initially questioned in December 2013 by FME News Service were Bell County Assistant Attorney Darrell Guess, County Attorney Jim Nichols, Lt. Donnie Adams, the Bell County Sheriff’s Department spokesman at that time, the Temple Police Department, Bell County District Clerk Shelia Norman, Bell County Clerk Shelly Coston and retired Judge Neel Richardson.

Richardson was the judge who presided over Grisham’s two trials. The first trial ended with a hung jury. In the second trial Grisham was convicted of interfering with the duties of a peace officer, a misdemeanor offense.

In 2016, Nichols said the guns were in the possession of a court reporter in a secure storage area at the courthouse, but the court reporter, Betsy Mock Clifton, never returned an FME News Service phone call to verify the information.

Temple Police Department spokeswoman Shawana Neely referred questions Wednesday to Nichols’ office.

Larry Keilberg, the national director for SelfDefenseFund.com, said the case was finally resolved after hundreds of hours of litigation and $175,000 in court costs — time spent fighting for Grisham in an “out of control legal system starting with a bully cop, manipulation of the charges to fit the defense case, followed by a very biased judge, Neel Richardson.”

Grisham and his attorneys sued the city of Temple and two Temple Police officers in federal court, and a trial date was set based on the evidence presented. The Self Defense Fund paid a police expert witness for the trial but, a week before the trial, federal Judge Walter Smith Jr. changed his mind in November 2015 and dismissed the case, Keilberg said.

The Third Court of Appeals had jurisdiction over Grisham’s guns until the appeals process was finished, Nichols said.

The Third Court of Appeals in March upheld the ruling against Grisham after the case languished in the system more than two years. Grisham said at that time he was looking into an appeal to the Texas Supreme Court, but he decided against the appeal.

Grisham said he is grateful to the Self Defense Fund for defending him over the years. He said that he regrets “that the case didn’t end with justice received through no fault of their own,” he said. He also thanked his wife, Emily, who never gave up on him, and the thousands of people around the country who supported him through really difficult times.

“I plan to celebrate by wearing exactly what I was wearing that fateful day on March 16, 2013, and recreating the hike I was on to prove that what happened to me was nothing more than a power trip by a bully who wanted to assert his control over me and force me through a corrupt trial,” Grisham said.

Grisham has ties to the Killeen-Fort Hood area. He is a former Fort Hood soldier, and last year advocated — at Killeen Councilman Jonathan Okray’s request — for the carrying of weapons, both open and concealed, to be permitted at Killeen City Council meetings. In a resolution, the council approved the measure.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast