Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    (Dauphin County)

Default KnockOut Game Self Defense ?

Many of you already know of the game knockout, where an idiot runs up behind you with the intent to sucker punch you unconscious. In one instance it was tried using a teaser on someone carrying concealed. The perpetrator ended up getting shot because the teaser failed to work. In this case the guy was lucky because he got to shoot the idiot right in the middle of the assault. However, most of the time this is done with a sucker punch and it's even been done to women. Obviously the perpetrator is going to be running away by the time a weapon is drawn. My question, is it justifyable to pop the clown in the back of the head while retreating if he assaulted your wife or yourself?

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: KnockOut Game Self Defense ?

Only in the world of "How things outta be".
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by John222 View Post
    Many of you already know of the game knockout, where an idiot runs up behind you with the intent to sucker punch you unconscious. In one instance it was tried using a teaser on someone carrying concealed. The perpetrator ended up getting shot because the teaser failed to work. In this case the guy was lucky because he got to shoot the idiot right in the middle of the assault. However, most of the time this is done with a sucker punch and it's even been done to women. Obviously the perpetrator is going to be running away by the time a weapon is drawn. My question, is it justifyable to pop the clown in the back of the head while retreating if he assaulted your wife or yourself?
    If you don't feel your life is continuing to be threatened (or someone else's is), then no.

Unfortunately, it would seem the previous two replies are correct. You can not put these animals down as they deserve by shooting them in the back. Now, if it were a crowd of them, as it usually is, and more are coming to hit you a second or third time, well....

(Allegheny County)

Can we please stop calling it a game. Monopoly is a game, Madden is a game, this is assault.

If they're running away then they aren't a threat, but what about if they're still a few feet from you?

(Northampton County)

You can't/shouldn't shoot if the person is retreating and is no longer a threat.

(Lancaster County)

Very hard to determine if someone isn't still a threat. Biggest question is can you respond to someone after a surprise attack like that with the necessary accuracy and clarity of thought.
    "You can't stop insane people from doing insane things by passing insane laws--that's insane!" -- Penn Jillette

"To my mind it is wholly irresponsible to go into the world incapable of preventing violence, injury, crime, and death. How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic." -- Ted Nugent

(Bucks County)

Keep your eyes on packs of ghetto miscreants at all times while in their habitat.
    "It's all in the reflexes" Jack Burton

(Wayne County)

I had a similar question, now that people have died from this so called game could the game be considered deadly force?

(Lancaster County)

Sixty year old female victim killed two of the "players." It appears from report they were in process of leaving. I question, however, if a person who has just be assaulted could be expected to know, if she was still under attack or about to be attacked again. I hope the case does not go to trial but if it does I hope the jury realizes, that when you have just been assault it is difficult to ascertain the status of the situation. Anyhow link.

http://news.awfbase.com/content/knoc...d#.UpJz99LMCSo

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast