Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: Logan's Ferry

(Allegheny County)

Default Logan's Ferry

Can anyone shed any light on to Logan's Ferry Sportsmen Club? I watched their video on Youtube and the facilities look solid, and I don't have to kiss someones ass to join. Has anyone ever been a member, know anyone that is?

Thank You,

Rodeno

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: Logan's Ferry

It is very easy to join. I have been to several clubs in different states over the years and this is my favorite one. Nobody hovers over you, and every body I have ever met there has been friendly, kind, and willing to share info just for the asking. You will be required to attend an informational meeting on the last Wednesday of a month and pay $25.00 (I think that is the price). You then attend a regular monthly club meeting on the first Wednesday of a month to be voted in and pay for the remainder of your dues. You do not have to know or show up with any body, (when I joined I was alone). I do not recall the total dues right now but it is very reasonable. There are two covered big rifle ranges, a 100 yard, and a 100, 200, and 300 yard range, three individual 25 yard ranges, a covered steel plate range, a hanging plate range, a covered 25 yard, and a covered 50 yard range, a trap field, an archery range, and the indoor pistol and .22 cal rifle range. If you go to the web site there is a video that goes over all this. It is in my opinion a great place.

(Allegheny County)

Thanks, banjogun, much appreciated. I think I'll check it out in January... How exactly does one get to this place, how far from Dormont would it be, 20 miles or so?

(Allegheny County)

I am not very familiar with where Dormont is so I can only guess that the 20 miles is close. So, if you know where Monroeville is, then keep going east on Route 22, 2-3 (+/_) more miles and then turn right onto route 286 ( a big long ramp that goes back over Route 22. Then go about 3 miles (+/_) until you see Logans Ferry road on the left side of the road. Stay on Logans Ferry road maybe 3 more miles (+/-) until you see the club sign on the right side of the road. However there is a locked gate that you need an electronic key card to get in. On the meeting nights that I mentioned it will be open and on most Saturdays there are people coming and going fairly often. I am sure that if you explained to one of them that you wanted a quick look see (tour) that they would oblige you.

(Allegheny County)

Thanks again. Dormont is the first suburb south of Pittsburgh (south hills), not a bad trip out towards Monroeville/Plum.

Thanks

(Allegheny County)

Bar none..... My favorite range.

Hassle free and usually, there are less than a half dozen people there at any time.

24/7/365 access

Here are the GPS coordinates:

40.522888, -79.727003

If you type the range address into your GPS, it usually takes you to the wrong place, that is why the GPS coordinates are best.

Ken