Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    (Chester County)

Default Re: Boating while carrying and your PA LTCF...

Quote Originally Posted by JenniferG View Post
    Not according to the New Jersey Sate Police

This is what you are allowed to report and civilians

http://www.njsp.org/maritime/msi_report.html

You are a mere subject and subjects must comply with the laws that they make up as they go along.
    The MSI (Marine Security Initiative) appears to be a civilian 'Neighborhood Watch' type program for marine facilities. Although, not surprisingly, the NJSP counsels it's civilian participants to refrain from any active involvement in arrests, nonetheless that ultra-conservative admonition does not obviate the fact that there is a Citizen's Arrest doctrine in NJ Said doctrine allows for warrantless arrest by citizens who have reasonable cause to believe that a crime was committed by the arrested and that crime can be penalized by sentences of 1 year or more.

Additionally, by NJ statute, a citizen can also arrest without warrant a "disorderly person".

That being said, I would not advise anyone to employ a citizen's arrest except where the benefits sought far outweigh the legal risk the arrestor incurs for criminal/civil charges for false imprisonment. The burden of justifying an arrest is on the arrestor.
    Last edited by tl_3237; November 17th, 2013 at 07:45 PM.
    IANAL

(Chester County)

Well, if I'm anywhere near the Delaware River and I see something fishy I'm calling 911 and let them sort it out. I'm probably not going keep the NJSP Marine Division phone number in the list of "My Favorites" on my phone I want to keep those people as far away from me as possible. Take a look at the expression on that NJSP Sargent in the photo of the Trenton Makes Bridge at the Morrisville rally and you'll understand that they hate civilians with guns and especially civilians with guns and cameras. He was not pleased with me taking pictures of him. Both of those NJ State Police are standing on the PA side of the bridge.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by JenniferG; November 17th, 2013 at 08:36 PM.
    Corruption is the default behavior of government officials. JPC

Well, if I'm anywhere near the Delaware River and I see something fishy I'm calling 911 and let them sort it out. I'm probably not going keep the NJSP Marine Division phone number in the list of "My Favorites" on my phone I want to keep those people as far away from me as possible. Take a look at the expression on that NJSP Sargent in the photo of the Trenton Makes Bridge at the Morrisville rally and you'll understand that they hate civilians with guns and especially civilians with guns and cameras. He was not pleased with me taking pictures of him. Both of those NJ State Police are standing on the PA side of the bridge.
    FUCK HIM and HIS STATE!
    People always ask me why i never smile.
    I TELL THEM IT'S BECAUSE MY CORPSE IS STILL BREATHING AND THEY DON'T FUCKING GET IT!

just a heads up I don't know about the rest of the state but where I live in Westmoreland County many of the lakes and dams and surrounding areas are controlled by the Army Corps of Engineers. and it is not legal to carry for self defense on any of their land lakes included I believe. the only firearms that are permitted are ones being used to lawfully hunt game during hunting season.
    Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition

Oh so close to the Delaware River!, New Jersey

Not according to the New Jersey Sate Police

This is what you are allowed to report and civilians

http://www.njsp.org/maritime/msi_report.html

You are a mere subject and subjects must comply with the laws that they make up as they go along.
    You pictures show New Jersey at its antagonistic worst. It show the hypocrisy in New Jersey of how they are alledgedly trying to keep guns out of their state while ignoring the gang/gun problem in places like Newark and a number of other New Jersey urban areas. The differences between Pennsylvania and New Jersey are astonishing.
    ...and they have a plan...

(Montgomery County)

never carried when on the boat . did invest in a flair guns. legal and can be deadly.

(Indiana County)

Flair guns? Must be stylish things, not like my Hi-Point.

(Lancaster County)

At what point will NJ be treated as a hostile foreign country and their actions be regarded as an act of war?
    Last edited by Yellowfin; November 23rd, 2013 at 02:13 AM.
    "You can't stop insane people from doing insane things by passing insane laws--that's insane!" -- Penn Jillette

"To my mind it is wholly irresponsible to go into the world incapable of preventing violence, injury, crime, and death. How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic." -- Ted Nugent

(Jefferson County)

Quote Originally Posted by scruff
    You're asking for boating advice on PAFOA? 2/3 of these guys have had horrific boating accidents!
    Nice.....

Posted from Pafoa.org App for Android

(Delaware County)

So, regarding those NJ state troopers in the photo ... I'm not sure I understand why they're standing there. You said it's the PA side of the river they're on? I don't understand why they were over here. I think you mentioned that there was a gun rally in Morrisville. OK, so? What are those guys doing deployed in PA? Were they simply watching some gun rally while on duty? Were they asked to patrol in a state where they don't have jurisdiction? Did they take it upon themselves to cross into another state just because a gun rally was taking place and they wanted to make sure everything was "OK?" They can't make an arrest here, right? So I really don't understand why they were here. Can someone shed some light for me? I'm very confused at this point.
    J.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast