Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    (Monroe County)

Default Re: Boating while carrying and your PA LTCF...

Quote Originally Posted by scruff View Post
    You're asking for boating advice on PAFOA? 2/3 of these guys have had horrific boating accidents!
    Best damn comment ever!

But there always gotta be somebody who finds the dam things!

People always ask me why i never smile.
    I TELL THEM IT'S BECAUSE MY CORPSE IS STILL BREATHING AND THEY DON'T FUCKING GET IT!

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by Kchristy View Post
    I would, but I already posted it n my previous reply.
    What was the above comment in response to???
    IANAL

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by tl_3237 View Post
    What was the above comment in response to???
    Someone asked for the actual law that said that PA and NJ had shore to shore jurisdiction. Looked like it was you when I posted my reply from the cell phone (it doesn't do the colored reply shadings correctly), but now that I'm on my computer it looks like you were quoting someone too.

(Franklin County)

I've often wondered this in regards to the Potomac River between WV and MD because that's an area I'm familiar with.
    MD supposedly owns the river but all WV licenses for fishing and hunting are valid to the MD shoreline. I've never pushed the issue but it would make sense to me that if other WV state issued licenses are valid to the MD shoreline, why not a WV CCP (or a license from any reciprical state).
    And then you always have the federal firearms transport codes, as long as you don't make a stop in the offending state you can motor, float or troll in and out of it, across state lines, all day long, just make sure your guns are unloaded, in a locked container and you dock in PA.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by ray h View Post
    I've often wondered this in regards to the Potomac River between WV and MD because that's an area I'm familiar with.
    MD supposedly owns the river but all WV licenses for fishing and hunting are valid to the MD shoreline. I've never pushed the issue but it would make sense to me that if other WV state issued licenses are valid to the MD shoreline, why not a WV CCP (or a license from any reciprical state).
    And then you always have the federal firearms transport codes, as long as you don't make a stop in the offending state you can motor, float or troll in and out of it, across state lines, all day long, just make sure your guns are unloaded, in a locked container and you dock in PA.
    The mutual recognition of boundary state's fishing licenses is usually by each state's statutes or regulations (a reciprocity for specifically designated areas) - there is no default recognition of licenses between states (not even driver's licenses).

For example:

30 Pa CS § 2712. License requirements on boundary waters.
    (a) New York.--The provisions of this chapter do not apply
    to a person holding a fishing license issued under the laws of
    the State of New York when fishing in that portion of the waters
    of the Delaware River lying between New York and Pennsylvania
    within the jurisdiction of this Commonwealth if a person holding
    a license issued under the provisions of this title when fishing
    in the waters of the Delaware River lying between New York and
    Pennsylvania within the jurisdiction of the State of New York is
    not required to have a New York license.
    (b) New Jersey.--The provisions of this chapter do not apply
    the State of New Jersey when fishing in that portion of the
    waters of the Delaware River lying between New Jersey and
    Pennsylvania within the jurisdiction of this Commonwealth if a
    person holding a license issued under the provisions of this
    title when fishing in the waters of the Delaware River lying
    between New Jersey and Pennsylvania within the jurisdiction of
    the State of New Jersey is not required to have a New Jersey
    license.
    (c) Ohio.--The provisions of this chapter do not apply to a
    person holding a fishing license issued under the laws of the
    State of Ohio when fishing in the waters of the Pymatuning Lake
    lying between Ohio and Pennsylvania within the jurisdiction of
    this Commonwealth if a person holding a license issued under the
    provisions of this title when fishing in the waters of
    Pymatuning Lake lying between Ohio and Pennsylvania within the
    jurisdiction of the State of Ohio is not required to have an
    Ohio license.
    (d) Maryland.--The provisions of this chapter do not apply
    the State of Maryland when fishing in the waters of the
    Youghiogheny and Conowingo Reservoirs lying between Maryland and
    Pennsylvania within the jurisdiction of this Commonwealth if a
    person holding a license issued under the provisions of this
    title when fishing in the waters of the Youghiogheny and
    Conowingo Reservoirs lying between Maryland and Pennsylvania
    within the jurisdiction of the State of Maryland is not required
    to have a Maryland license.
    WVC §20-2-28. When licenses or permits not required.
    Persons in the following categories are not required to obtain licenses or permits as indicated:
    (e) Residents of the State of Maryland who carry hunting or fishing licenses valid in that state may hunt or fish from the West Virginia banks of the Potomac River without obtaining licenses, but the hunting or fishing shall be confined to the fish and waterfowl of the river proper and not on its tributaries: Provided, That the State of Maryland shall first enter into a reciprocal agreement with the director extending a like privilege of hunting and fishing on the Potomac River from the Maryland banks of the river to licensed residents of West Virginia without requiring the residents to obtain Maryland hunting and fishing licenses.

(f) Residents of the State of Ohio who carry hunting or fishing licenses valid in that state may hunt or fish on the Ohio River or from the West Virginia banks of the river without obtaining licenses, but the hunting or fishing shall be confined to fish and waterfowl of the river proper and to points on West Virginia tributaries and embayments identified by the director: Provided, That the State of Ohio shall first enter into a reciprocal agreement with the director extending a like privilege of hunting and fishing from the Ohio banks of the river to licensed residents of West Virginia without requiring the residents to obtain Ohio hunting and fishing licenses.
    Md. NATURAL RESOURCES Code Ann. § 4-606 (2013)

§ 4-606. Reciprocal angler's license for residents of Virginia, West Virginia, and Pennsylvania

(a) Residents of Virginia. --

(1) A resident of Virginia possessing a valid Virginia fishing license issued in that resident's name may fish in nontidal waters of the Potomac River opposite the shore of Virginia without obtaining a Maryland angler's license.

(2) This subsection is only effective if Virginia enters into and maintains a reciprocal agreement with the Department, approved by the Secretary, which allows a person possessing a valid Maryland angler's license issued in that person's name to fish from the Virginia banks of the Potomac River opposite the shore of Maryland without acquiring a Virginia fishing license.

(b) Residents of West Virginia. --

(1) A resident of West Virginia possessing a valid West Virginia fishing license issued in that resident's name may fish in nontidal waters of the Potomac River opposite the shore of West Virginia, including the North Branch of the Potomac River and the Jennings Randolph Reservoir, without obtaining a Maryland angler's license.

(2) This subsection is only effective if West Virginia enters into and maintains a reciprocal agreement with the Department, approved by the Secretary, which allows a person possessing a valid Maryland angler's license issued in that person's name to fish from the West Virginia banks of the Potomac River opposite the shore of Maryland, including the North Branch of the Potomac River and the Jennings Randolph Reservoir, without acquiring a West Virginia fishing license.
    (c) Residents of Pennsylvania. --

(1) A resident of Pennsylvania possessing a valid Pennsylvania fishing license issued in that resident's name may fish in the waters of the Conowingo and Youghiogheny Reservoirs without obtaining a Maryland angler's license.

(2) This subsection is effective only if Pennsylvania first enters into and maintains a reciprocal agreement with the Department, approved by the Secretary, which allows a person possessing a valid Maryland angler's license issued in that person's name to fish on the portion of the Conowingo and Youghiogheny Reservoirs lying within the boundaries of Pennsylvania without acquiring a Pennsylvania fishing license.
    IANAL

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by knight0334 View Post
    PA and NY states also have such an agreement. Somewhere in PA's laws there is a section that states that a NY LEO, who witnesses a crime within PA, may apprehend the subject, but must deliver him to authorities within PA.
    Over my dead body.

(Jefferson County)

Quote Originally Posted by ungawa View Post
    Over my dead body.
    Anybody, LEO or common person, who witnesses a breach of the peace or a felony, or has reason to believe a felony was committed, can arrest another person.

And should the felony be one of the offenses listed in the Chermansky ruling, which are typically called "forcible felonies", it could be over a persons dead body if they flee or resist arrest.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

Quote Originally Posted by ungawa View Post
    Over my dead body.
    Please don't temp them! We need every warm body in this fight we can get!
    People always ask me why i never smile.
    I TELL THEM IT'S BECAUSE MY CORPSE IS STILL BREATHING AND THEY DON'T FUCKING GET IT!

(Chester County)

Anybody, LEO or common person, who witnesses a breach of the peace or a felony, or has reason to believe a felony was committed, can arrest another person.
    Not according to the New Jersey Sate Police

This is what you are allowed to report and civilians

As a civilian, you must remember, you are neither a police officer nor an agent of law enforcement. No action is to be taken by you which is inconsistent with the performance of the normal course of your duties
    http://www.njsp.org/maritime/msi_report.html

You are a mere subject and subjects must comply with the laws that they make up as they go along.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Corruption is the default behavior of government officials. JPC

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast