Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast
    (Bucks County)

Default Police Seek Victim, Witnesses After Gun Drawn At Bus Stop: video

Someone here??

http://www.myfoxphilly.com/story/239...-in-bus-attack

Police have released surveillance video of a SEPTA bus altercation that they say could have turned violent and deadly.

The incident happened on Sept. 18 around 10:45 a.m. on the Route 23 bus at 12th and Wallace streets.

According to SEPTA Police Chief Thomas Nestel, two men got into a brief argument on the bus and seconds later got off at the 12th and Wallace stop. After getting off, one man points a .40-caliber semi-automatic at the other in the video, police say. The man at whom the gun was pointed ran away without injury. The driver of the bus called 911 after trying to intervene.

The suspected gunman was found in possession of a legal-to-carry weapon, so police later released him. However, SEPTA is continuing to investigate and would like the victim or witnesses to come forward.

Anyone with additional information is urged to call SEPTA police at (215) 580-8111.
    Last edited by PocketProtector; November 14th, 2013 at 09:03 PM.
    Its easier to fool people than to convince them they've been fooled....Mark Twain

(Philadelphia County)

Default Re: Police Seek Victim, Witnesses After Gun Drawn At Bus Stop: video

Quote Originally Posted by PocketProtector View Post

The suspected gunman was found in possession of a legal-to-carry weapon, so police later released him.
    I'm calling BS. The Philly police agreed that there is a such thing as a "legal-to-carry weapon" and it wasn't a fellow Leo?! No fn way!

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by Kchristy View Post
    I'm calling BS. The Philly police agreed that there is a such thing as a "legal-to-carry weapon" and it wasn't a fellow Leo?! No fn way!
    It's not Philly PD, it's SEPTA PD. honestly seems to be a slightly less politically motivated agency.

And while they've identified the guy with the gun and have the gun, until the other half is identified, there's no case at all.
    FOAC Volunteer. NREMT-P. NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun Instructor & RSO. BSA Rangemaster. Act 235.
    Selling: Remington R1 1911

(Philadelphia County)

Can't back it up BUT 6ABC said on the news to night, "The Police confiscated his weapon until they can determin what happened". They didn't say which agency but I'm assuming SEPTA PD since PPD more than likely would of taken his LTC also.

Also the video I saw was blurred so you couldn't see what the LTC holder did on the bus, you just saw the man with the phone talking. Then outside the bus you saw the man with the phone put down his bag and begin walking towards the front of the bus, then turn and run and a man walk forward into view with a pistol leveled at his back. So you really can't make a logical assumption with out watching the uncensored video. IMHO this is propaganda.

If I had to guess something like this went down from watching the censored video:

Gunman: Excuse me, Is the seat next to you occupied?
    "Victim":----
    Gunman: Excuse me sir! Can I sit there?!
    Victim: Don't you see me on the phone?

I guess then gunman stands or finds another seat, then they both get off and the "victim" tries to make something of it and the gunman then draws, and the victim runs away leaving his bag on the ground.
    Last edited by RebelRaider5; November 15th, 2013 at 01:41 AM.

(Bucks County)

Getting ready to get into a fight is not cause to draw a firearm period! From the video the man didn't produce a weapon so he shouldn't have drawn. He was just scared & wanted to make the other guy feel like himself Scared.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by PocketProtector View Post
    Someone here??

http://www.myfoxphilly.com/story/239...-in-bus-attack

...The driver of the bus called 911 after trying to intervene.

The suspected gunman was found in possession of a legal-to-carry weapon, so police later released him. However, SEPTA is continuing to investigate and would like the victim or witnesses to come forward.
    Quote Originally Posted by JonEMTP View Post
    It's not Philly PD, it's SEPTA PD. honestly seems to be a slightly less politically motivated agency.

And while they've identified the guy with the gun and have the gun, until the other half is identified, there's no case at all.
    Sorry, the way I read it the driver called 911. If you call 911 you get ppd. I assumed that the driver called ppd, who were satisfied with the ltcf, and SEPTA is continuing to investigate.

I can see how it could be either. Poor reporting.

Edit:
    Just rewatched the video..Commentary seems to be different (longer) than when I watched it before. Its actually quite disturbing. Septa police apparently picked him up in center city weeks later while he was not riding a SEPTA bus. Call me crazy, but that seems to be a little outside of their police charter.
    Last edited by Kchristy; November 15th, 2013 at 08:06 AM.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by Kchristy View Post
    Sorry, the way I read it the driver called 911. If you call 911 you get ppd. I assumed that the driver called ppd, who were satisfied with the ltcf, and SEPTA is continuing to investigate.

I can see how it could be either. Poor reporting.

Edit:
    Just rewatched the video..Commentary seems to be different (longer) than when I watched it before. Its actually quite disturbing. Septa police apparently picked him up in center city weeks later while he was not riding a SEPTA bus. Call me crazy, but that seems to be a little outside of their police charter.
    How is that? They are investigating an incident that initiated on their bus.

SEPTA PD actually has more authority than a municipal pd. Their jurisdiction covers the 5 county area.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by Carson View Post
    How is that? They are investigating an incident that initiated on their bus.

SEPTA PD actually has more authority than a municipal pd. Their jurisdiction covers the 5 county area.
    Yes, but I don't agree that they should be able to do an arrest anywhere but their property. I know my opinion doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things, but there ya go anyway.

(Philadelphia County)

Article in todays Ink-wire said the bus driver stopped then drove away, waited 20 minutes before calling the police. There were a number of passengers on the bus and none of them called 911.

The article mentions the transit police.

http://www.philly.com/philly/news/br...ed_on_him.html

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Ckygo-go View Post
    Getting ready to get into a fight is not cause to draw a firearm period! From the video the man didn't produce a weapon so he shouldn't have drawn. He was just scared & wanted to make the other guy feel like himself Scared.
    Ever been beat by a big man well-versed in the art of using his body to bring pain?

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast