Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Lawrence County)

Default Suppressor trust

I want to get a suppressor for my 22lr rifle, the more I look online the more confused I get, I am thinking of making a trust , Some say use quicken, some say a lawyer,some say web site. I searched on here and got mixed reviews on how to doe this. I dont know what to do, has anyone ever used http://www.guntrust.com/.

I have $800 total to get this done, (trust,atf fees, suppressor).

(Berks County)

Default Re: Suppressor trust

Quote Originally Posted by jasons85gt View Post
    I want to get a suppressor for my 22lr rifle, the more I look online the more confused I get, I am thinking of making a trust , Some say use quicken, some say a lawyer,some say web site. I searched on here and got mixed reviews on how to doe this. I dont know what to do, has anyone ever used http://www.guntrust.com/.

What is the reason you are thinking of a trust vs. doing it as an individual? I did my trust for a few reasons. Estate planning being the main concern, another was so my wife and other people could legally possess the items without me being present. Some other issues are the lack of a chief law enforcement officer not willing to sign off (that was not an issue for me). Although there is legislation that will probably change that in the next few months. So once you figure out if a trust is right for you I would suggest finding a qualified attorney that has done trusts with NFA items before. Prince Law is who I used and I have no doubt that my trust will hold up to legal issues and they will back me if ever needed. When it comes to legal documents and advice you usually get what you pay for.

Now on to the fun stuff. As far as .22 suppressors go they are tons of fun. I have an SWR Warlock II that is great. They are so fun in fact that I have a SWR Spectre II waiting for approval. Those two choices with the added Silencerco Sparrow are the top choices for .22 in my opinion. Research those and figure out which one will be the best for the type of shooting you plan on doing. Good luck

(Allegheny County)

^^^^^i couldn't have said it any better.

if you want to sit down and have a beer and pick my brain for some advice, PM me, i live in zip 15238 and am always willing to help an FNG to NFA; shops that are asses and ones that are cool, ranges that allow NFA, ammo selection, etc.

also, 1 suppressor turns into 10 real quick.
    Last edited by corey4; November 14th, 2013 at 08:44 PM.

(Butler County)

I used Prince for mine. Very easy to do.

(Blair County)

if the only thing you want is a 22 suppressor and you can get the leo sign off
    it is dumb to use a trust .

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by corey4 View Post
    also, 1 suppressor turns into 10 real quick.
    You got that right, I picked up number nine and ten back in April.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by mmi View Post
    if the only thing you want is a 22 suppressor and you can get the leo sign off
    it is dumb to use a trust .
    Depends on if the person buying it is married and/or has kids or siblings to share it with.
    "You can't stop insane people from doing insane things by passing insane laws--that's insane!" -- Penn Jillette

"To my mind it is wholly irresponsible to go into the world incapable of preventing violence, injury, crime, and death. How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic." -- Ted Nugent

(Blair County)

at least do some form one sbr or sbs .

(Washington County)

Quote Originally Posted by jasons85gt View Post

I'm a Class III dealer in Washington County, PA and $800 is very reasonable. The trust will cost you $199 (but they are running a special right now for $99):

http://199trust.com/#oid=1080_1

and a Huntertown Arms suppressor (my favorite) will cost you $179, so totals would be:

$99 - GunTrust
    $179 - Huntertown Arms Suppressor
    $200 - ATF Tax Stamp
    $75 - Typical Class III Transfer fee (that's what we charge for an eForm submission)
    $15 - PA Tax on suppressor and transfer fee
    ------
    $568 - OUT THE DOOR!

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by WCGS View Post
    I'm a Class III dealer in Washington County, PA and $800 is very reasonable. The trust will cost you $199 (but they are running a special right now for $99):

http://199trust.com/#oid=1080_1
    Except for the fact that they aren't licensed in PA to practice law, which makes it a crime for them to provide legal advice and they specifically state in their disclaimer "If you need legal assistance please seek out the help of an Attorney in your area" and "Please note that 199trust.com cannot and will not give legal advice, We are not a law firm, it is up to the individual to determine their eligibility." You also have to love their disclaimer, again because they aren't licensed to practice law in PA, "Communications between you and 199Trust.com are protected by our Privacy Policy but not by the attorney-client privilege or as a work product."
    Joshua Prince, Esq. - Firearms Industry Consulting Group - www.PaFirearmsLawyer.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast