Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    (Northampton County)

Default Re: 3 men, 1 gun, 2 disarmaments. Man shot at gas station.

Bobby Wilson? I wonder if they mean Old Bob Kenobi...

(Westmoreland County)

Very strange story... Guy 1 points gun at Guy 2. Guy 2 takes gun and shoots Guy 1. Guy 3 casually walks up to Guy 2 asks for and receives gun.

Very strange...

Anyway, this gas station is right up the road and both my wife and my in-laws frequent it. I was able to have a good talk with all of them about why I carry anytime I go anywhere, whether it is into the city, into the middle of nowhere, or even to the gas station down the street.

They all know that I carry, have no problem with it, and even talk about getting their LCTF and carrying themselves. Since they stop at this gas station often it has really put the "it CAN happen anywhere, anytime" into perspective.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by Shodan View Post
    We don't know the distance. A lot of people could miss by that much under stress.
    Had to be close if he disarmed the guy and then wanted to stop him from coming closer. I would have expected COM shot/shots.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by wewo View Post
    I would have expected COM shot/shots.
    Yeah, well...

Quote Originally Posted by Shodan View Post
    We don't know the distance. A lot of people could miss by that much under stress.
    Not the dude in Reading, though...

I just read an article on this story in the local paper. (Valley Independent)

Basically there was a black male (Angel Morales) in his 20s acting strange near the gas station. The older man (Walter Lynn) that shot him saw this and phoned 911, he said the man was yelling racial epithets and acting like he was "under the influence of something"

The Walter told police dispatch that he may have to "run him over" with his vehicle.

He then watched the black man as he walked over to a SUV and drew a firearm and starting yelling at a 5 year old boy that was sitting in the SUV. At that point, the older man decided to take action.

He walked over to the man and told him to put the gun down, there was a struggle, both men ended up on the ground with the gun. The older man got it and told the black man to not move. The black man "lunged" at him and he shot, hitting him int he thigh.

The older man then retrieved a first aid kit from his car and began treatment on the black man for the gunshot wound before paramedics arrived.

Apparently this older man is an Army Vet and disabled, and walks with the assistance of a cane.

Apparently he was taken to state police barracks, and then later was drove back to the gas station to retrieve his car, so I would image nothing was charged towards the older man.

The black man is in the hospital with a "non-life threatening gun shot wound"

Walter is quoted to saying "I think I may have saved 13 lives, because he had 13 unspent rounds."

The firearm was a .45 caliber handgun of unknown make.

I cant find the article or I would have just posted it instead of giving my paraphrased version.
    Last edited by Nucking Futs; November 15th, 2013 at 11:41 AM.

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by splink View Post
    Very strange story... Guy 1 points gun at Guy 2. Guy 2 takes gun and shoots Guy 1. Guy 3 casually walks up to Guy 2 asks for and receives gun.

Very strange...

Anyway, this gas station is right up the road and both my wife and my in-laws frequent it. I was able to have a good talk with all of them about why I carry anytime I go anywhere, whether it is into the city, into the middle of nowhere, or even to the gas station down the street.

They all know that I carry, have no problem with it, and even talk about getting their LCTF and carrying themselves. Since they stop at this gas station often it has really put the "it CAN happen anywhere, anytime" into perspective.
    Print out the application and the hours/instructions from the Sheriff's website. Drop it off with them next time you go by. One of the Pennsylvania Firearms Rights fliers would help, too.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by Nucking Futs View Post

Basically there was a black male (Angel Morales) in his 20s acting strange near the gas station. The older man (Walter Lynn) that shot him saw this and phoned 911, he said the man was yelling racial epithets and acting like he was "under the influence of something"

The Walter told police dispatch that he may have to "run him over" with his vehicle.

He then watched the black man as he walked over to a SUV and drew a firearm and starting yelling at a 5 year old boy that was sitting in the SUV. At that point, the older man decided to take action.

He walked over to the man and told him to put the gun down, there was a struggle, both men ended up on the ground with the gun. The older man got it and told the black man to not move. The black man "lunged" at him and he shot, hitting him int he thigh.

The older man then retrieved a first aid kit from his car and began treatment on the black man for the gunshot wound before paramedics arrived.

Apparently this older man is an Army Vet and disabled, and walks with the assistance of a cane.

Apparently he was taken to state police barracks, and then later was drove back to the gas station to retrieve his car, so I would image nothing was charged towards the older man.

The black man is in the hospital with a "non-life threatening gun shot wound"

Walter is quoted to saying "I think I may have saved 13 lives, because he had 13 unspent rounds."

The firearm was a .45 caliber handgun of unknown make.

I cant find the article or I would have just posted it instead of giving my paraphrased version.
    That clears up much. Definitely sounds like a good Samaritan who was in the right place at the right time.

Quote Originally Posted by bogey1 View Post
    Something aint right..
    You aint kiddin'.

Quote Originally Posted by Nucking Futs View Post

This seems like it.

Only mention of the 3rd guy mentioned in the earlier story is this...

"Lynn confirmed eyewitness accounts that he handed the gun to a bystander in the parking lot."

(York County)

He's Batman

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast