Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: Bersa 380 CC

(Lehigh County)

Default Bersa 380 CC

I recently purchased a Bersa 380 CC for my wife. I am having a hard time dis assembling and assembling the gun. When I pull the slide back all they way and try to lift it up it is very difficult. When I go to reassemble the same thing happens when I try to press the slide back onto the frame. Once I get it on the slide moves freely. I have checked videos and no one seems to be having as much of an issue as I am. Also some just say man up and it will come off.

I called to the Gunsmith that does the Bersa warranty work and he said that some of the Bersas have a recoil spring that is too large. He won't just send me a new recoil spring.

Any ideas?

Thanks

(Monroe County)

Default Re: Bersa 380 CC

Op did you press down on the disassembly lever simultaneously while removing the slide?

(Lehigh County)

Yes. Its when im pulling the slide up from the frame or pushing down tonget it over the rails. I spoke to another warranty gunshop for bersa and he said it was not the spring. That problem was the spring was too short and it wouldnt cycle. Something is not allowing the slide to justto drop to the frame. It is hitting something and no one can tell me what.
    Do you push the slide forward to the end of the barrel before you pull it up completely?

Thanks

(Monroe County)

Yes you are supposed to push it forward a bit just like a Walther when removing.

The BERSA CC model is built very tightly , this is the reason i did not buy one instead i bought a regular BERSA thunder .380.
    I did not like the tightness of the slide and the heavy trigger pull.
    Nice Gun though.

I will check on You Tube if anybody else have that problem.

(Lehigh County)

(Chester County)

I have the difficulty with my 380CC and 22LR. The lever is tight and hard to keep it forward when trying to reset the slide.

(Allegheny County)

Thumbs up Don't despair

I got one a couple days ago and had the same problem. I couldn't get mine disassembled also. Holding down that little bugger of a slide release with your trigger finger and trying to get top off proved to be an impossible task for me. Then it hit me. I grabbed an old paint stir, cut half-inch piece off, took a pen knife to it. Now when I pushed the slide release forward with my trigger finger I insert that little piece of wood to hold the slide in the down position. Now I have more freedom to get the top off. (I do keep my trigger finger on the piece of wood to keep it from flying off, but that's an easier solution than trying to hold that miserable thing down) I further noticed that the top will come forward but then there is a piece in their that catches on beginning of the barrel. At that point I give the top part a little yank up and it comes right off.

Reassembling it isn't too tricky, when I get it all the way back I checked both sides of the gun to make sure that the parts are interlocked, because in my experience, one side or the other wants to be stubborn. If I left anything out let me know and I will delve into it further.

I haven't made it out to the range to shoot it yet because it only had it a couple of days. I got the one with the nickel one, but not sure I would buy another nickel, unless when I put a hundred rounds through it, it will smooth out.

(Lehigh County)

Smile Re: Bersa 380 CC

I couldnt figure why I was suppose to watch that video. When I took the bersa apart tonight I put it back together without the spring and the slide fell right into place. Then it dawned on me that it was binding on the spring and that was why in the video he lubed the barrel, the whole inside of the slide, the top of the frame, and the where the barrel is pinned. All of them made it easier to remove and replace the slide. I also found to remove the slde, just lift it up high enough to clear the back of the barrel, slide it forward until it stops and then lift up. It almost falls off.

Thanks for all of your help.

(Chester County)

Default Re: Don't despair

Quote Originally Posted by joeyj View Post
    . I grabbed an old paint stir, cut half-inch piece off, took a pen knife to it. Now when I pushed the slide release forward with my trigger finger I insert that little piece of wood to hold the slide in the down position. Now I have more freedom to get the top off. (I do keep my trigger finger on the piece of wood to keep it from flying off, .
    JoeyJ Great idea. Made one for my self. Then I got the idea of using an alligator clip (used to clamp on wires etc for voltage checks). Can be bought at radio shack, (advisable not to use a gun to try it out).

I clamp it (front to back) across the trigger guard to grab the lever. I use a rag so as not to scratch the guard. Thanks for your suggestion.

Note: I just found this on youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZc7lr5jEUE. Notice near the end how he installs the slide. He doesn't hold the lever.
    He installs the slide first without depressing the lever, then he depresses the lever, pulls the slide back pushes downward and forward to seat the slide and wallah it's on. I tried this 3 times and it was a lot easier doing it this way.

Hope you have the same success.
    Last edited by ideaman; November 13th, 2013 at 10:52 PM.