Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default First Negative Experience

Removed
    Last edited by Dogpupkus; February 19th, 2021 at 03:01 PM.

(Venango County)

Default Re: First Negative Experience

Quote Originally Posted by Dogpupkus View Post
    I was open carrying my 1911 at a Gastropub tonight among good friends, having an enjoyable time. Some good friends came out, munching on some tasty nachos when the "co-owner" came about and asked me about my Colt Rail Gun. "Is that a real gun?" Jokingly, I said, "No, it's a water gun" thinking he was being sarcastic. Nope. In front of my friends, I was thrown out. Quite rudely. One of my buddies who works as a busboy/barback attempted to voice my concerns, to to no avail. Despite my debates of it being completely content, and among my rights, I was one among a devil of fury, the co-owner of course.

Please never ever visit Steam in Southampton, PA. They do not welcome citizens who attribute to their rights as Americans.

I've never been more embarrassed; alas I left walking tall, hence this post.
    It's a shame, considering the amount of money I've spent there in the past. The food is excellent.

I just left. Feeling incredibly flustered. What the absolute crap. What is happening to the people in this poor country.
    I wonder if part of how it went down was because of the communication misunderstanding by both parties.

He probably was going to ask you to leave or put it in the car anyway, so that was bad enough. He might have thought you had an attitude due to your reply.

I would write a letter to all the owners and explain what happened and how you feel you were treated in a demeaning manner. Also explain that there are people across PA on the gun board awaiting you to post their reply or explanation and apology.
    It is you. You have all the weapons that you need. Now fight. --Sucker Punch

(Delaware County)

Your second amendment rights have no power in a private business
    Probably didn't help to give a sarcastic answer either

Irony is that you are complaining about your rights getting trampled as you are ignoring his

I get it... Spend your cash elsewhere but don't act like you were abused

I hope you didn't pay for what you had consumed.

Quote Originally Posted by TaePo View Post
    I wonder if part of how it went down was because of the communication misunderstanding by both parties.

He probably was going to ask you to leave or put it in the car anyway, so that was bad enough. He might have thought you had an attitude due to your reply.

I would write a letter to all the owners and explain what happened and how you feel you were treated in a demeaning manner. Also explain that there are people across PA on the gun board awaiting you to post their reply or explanation and apology.
    I really wasn't trying to be a prick. The way he asked, really seemed comical. Had he politely asked me to put it in my car or come back, I probably still would have left, but at least without an awful bitter aftertaste. The fact that he had to flex his superiority amongst friends imo was pretty friggin rude. I think I will write a letter. That's an excellent idea

Quote Originally Posted by BimmerJon View Post
    Your second amendment rights have no power in a private business
    Probably didn't help to give a sarcastic answer either

Irony is that you are complaining about your rights getting trampled as you are ignoring his

I get it... Spend your cash elsewhere but don't act like you were abused
    Really? How did I ignore his? lol.

There was not one thing mentioning the establishment being a Gun Free Zone and if there had been, I would have taken my business elsewhere from the beginning. I respected his rules, and left without throwing a temper tantrum albeit some debates. As far as I know, my rights have plenty of power in a private establishment until they're prohibited as such.

So, if it's NOT prohibited in their rules, NO sign on the front of a place stating such, I have to call a business owner for each place I'd like to walk into and find out if he'll let me carry just so I don't "ignore his rights?"

Hmm; no. That would be some severe suppression.

I was not abused, we are all being abused. This is simply a heads up, should anyone ever be around my neck of the woods and wanting some grub, think twice about "Steam."

Quote Originally Posted by bogey1 View Post
    I hope you didn't pay for what you had consumed.
    Unfortunately, I did. I left my server a good tip too. I don't know, in my eyes, I feel like he'd feel, at least hopefully a little shitty afterwards; without a bitter taste in his mouth from no-payment.
    Last edited by Dogpupkus; November 11th, 2013 at 11:50 AM.

(Philadelphia County)

Perhaps a location for an open carry rally in front of the establishment.

That is one right he cannot prevent.

Quote Originally Posted by Dogpupkus View Post
    (snip)...The fact that he had to flex his superiority amongst friends imo was pretty friggin rude. I think I will write a letter. That's an excellent idea ...(snip)
    I don't get the impression that he was trying to piss on you to prove his dominance in front of your friends. He could have probably cared less who you were there with.

Quote Originally Posted by iamtommyboy View Post
    I don't get the impression that he was trying to piss on you to prove his dominance in front of your friends. He could have probably cared less who you were there with.
    Probably. I should have worded that differently. In the end, he could have handled it better. I'd hope he wasn't trying to prove dominance, but in my eyes, that's what he kinda made apparent. Making it a deal that he could and did toss me out in front of his staff.

Unless he's trying to lead by some awful example.

(Bucks County)

They have a Facebook page. Perhaps the public should be aware that they are entering a gun-free zone when patronizing this establishment.

(York County)

These issues are not so common when one CC's !

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast