Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Philadelphia County)

Default Custom hoslster for car!!!!

Tonight i was leaving the Target on Baltimore Pike. I was ccing. and i was waiting for my girlfriend when i see a guy getting in his car next to me. I have a jeep so i sit a lil higher. He then unholsters his gun and puts it in a holster that seems to be right under the steering column. I looked for some straps or something he may have had around the wheel but did not see anything. I thought maybe had rigged something up. So are there any custom holster for cars out there?
    It is better to have and not need then to need and not have. ROCK GLOCK!

(Fayette County)

Default Re: Custom hoslster for car!!!!

i've seen them that strap to the fron of the seat so it would be like between your legs. then another one that strapped to the back of the passenger seat.

(Franklin County)

Get your "Guns Save Lives" stickers today! PM for more info.

(Philadelphia County)

Ok thanks. i might have to get on of those. i use a iwb or my Blackhawk Serpa, and my truck has a cc so if i ever have to draw i would have a problem and since i live in Philly and with all the shit going on here i think i will have to look into something a lil more tactical.

(Allegheny County)

I've been meaning to get out to my car, and drill the holster that came with my XD somewhere now that you mention it. Maybe this weekend that'll be my project, I'll take pics. Depending on how it matters about visibility to you, I've also found that sticky mats that you can get at any car shop for your dash keep a good grip on a gun. I've kept mine there for several long trips before.

(Dauphin County)

im going to have to check into one of these options

(Allegheny County)

I went through the same issue with seat-belts and getting in and out of vehicles. I would like to suggest an alternative to holstering and unholstering your gun and using a "car holster". You could also switch from an IWB holster under a shirt or jacket to either a shoulder holster or a pocket holster depending on your firearm and preference.

Carrying mostly compact but full caliber guns, I have found a pocket holster, especially in a jacket pocket, a really comfortable and convenient way to carry. I never have to "adjust" my holster, or change the gun to a different holster for driving. With a good, well designed holster they don't print, or are intended to print like a wallet. It is actually quicker to draw, than drawing from an IWB holster under a jacket or shirt substantial enough to work as a concealment garment. Also, depending on the holster, you can actually ease it out of the holster and point it at someone without "brandishing" a firearm and giving yourself away. There are certainly drawbacks, but it's an idea. For a larger gun the shoulder holster might work for you, depending on how you dress and how you're built physically.

(Philadelphia County)

OK. I either carry my Glock19 or my Rugerp95. I would like to get a shoulder rig for the winter months. I was also looking at the scorpion iwb holster. But i like to have a in car holster cause it would seem to be easy to get to. I know of a few folks who just keep the gun in the center console or in the cup holder but I'm not sure about the legality of that. I'm not worried about visibility because my windows are tinted. but i would like to see the pics.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by PA CERTIFIED AGENT View Post
    OK. I know of a few folks who just keep the gun in the center console or in the cup holder but I'm not sure about the legality of that. I'm not worried about visibility because my windows are tinted. but i would like to see the pics.
    While I agree a car holster would be a lot more practical and useful, I don't know of anything illegal about putting a gun in a center console. Some states (like Ohio, don't get me started) have weird rules about how you can or can't carry, but I don't think PA does.

(Monroe County)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast