Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Delaware County)

Default Florida Concealed Permit

I was wondering if anyone knows of any gun safety classes that are coming up any time soon. I'm looking to get my Florida Concealed Carry Permit and I know you need a safety training course. Also I was wondering how you guys went about to get your fingerprints that are required. Thank you guys for always being such a great help!

- Steve

(Warren County)

Default Re: Florida Concealed Permit

I used my dd214 as proof of training and I got my fingerprints done at the Pottstown police department (forget how much they charged me $20-25).

Not sure if this helps you but good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by lacfiremx02 View Post
    I was wondering if anyone knows of any gun safety classes that are coming up any time soon. I'm looking to get my Florida Concealed Carry Permit and I know you need a safety training course. Also I was wondering how you guys went about to get your fingerprints that are required. Thank you guys for always being such a great help!

- Steve
    Tim , USAF Ret.

(York County)

Florida doesn't require special training the accept virtually any training. You only need one from the items below

Florida law requires you to submit proof of competency with a firearm in order to qualify for a concealed weapon license. A copy of a CERTIFICATE OF COMPLETION or similar document from any of the following courses or classes is acceptable:

any hunter education or hunter safety course approved by the Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission or a similar agency in another state;

any National Rifle Association firearms safety or training course;

any firearm safety or training course or class available to the general public offered by a law enforcement agency, junior college, college, or private or public institution or organization or firearms training school, utilizing instructors certified by the National Rifle Association, the Criminal Justice Standards and Training Commission, or the Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services;

any law enforcement firearms safety or training course or class offered for security guards, investigators, special deputies, or any division or subdivision of law enforcement or security enforcement;

any firearms training or safety course or class conducted by a state-certified instructor or by an instructor certified by the National Rifle Association.

The copy of the training certificate/document must be clear and legible. The certificate/document must include your name, your instructor's name, your instructor's qualifications/credentials (National Rifle Association instructor, law enforcement firearms instructor, Class "K" Firearm Instructor licensed by the State of Florida, etc.), and your instructor's license/certification number.

Other acceptable forms of training documentation include the following:

documentary evidence of experience with a firearm obtained through participation in organized shooting competition;

active-duty military personnel may submit copies of any of the following documents that confirm your experience with a firearm gained during your service: military orders including call to active-duty letter; a statement of military service signed by, or at the direction of, the adjutant, personnel officer, or commander of your unit or higher headquarters which identifies you and provides your date of entry on your current active-duty period;

former military personnel can submit a DD Form 214 reflecting honorable discharge from military service

(York County)

All the information you need is here.
    You can even track your status through the process.

http://www.freshfromflorida.com/Divi...Weapon-License

http://www.freshfromflorida.com/Divi...ack-Processing

(Delaware County)

Do you realize that the Florida non resident permit is no longer valid in PA???
    George,
    So many guns, so little money.