Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Default New Guy with Two New Guns

Hello,
    Brand new here and will be a regular. I am retiring at the end of this year and will finally have the time to devote time for long awaited hobby's! I am a 23 year vet and my wife is a 10 year vet so we are used to shooting. We just joined a gun club and are on our way. Ok, here is the story. I bought a new 9mm Smith 20 years ago from a friend that needed money, it has never been fired. I took it out from beneath the bed a few days ago and it is still pristine. Also, while uncovering it I found a pistol we completely forgot about. In the sixty's my wife's dad bought a Smith K-22, Masterpiece, Blue Finish, Model 17 pistol and never fired it. Well after years past by he passed away and my wife's mother gave it to us. It is in the original box, wrapped in a t- shirt sprayed with gun oil, and absolutely immaculate, not a scratch on it and never fired. The inside cover of the box states April 15, 1955. I am sure it it worth a buck but we will never sell it. Looking for and serial number data or any other history!
    Rich

Default Re: New Guy with Two New Guns

Found this by being curious. Maybe has some info: http://thefiringline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=520504
    BCM and Glock...for a bigger pile of 'cold dead hands' brass.

(Bucks County)

Smith? Never heard of em. Sound like junk guns to me. Might as well unload them for something better. How's two fresh new hundy-dolla bills sound???

This may help with the wheel gun:
    http://www.northeastshooters.com/vbu...Date-a-S-amp-W

More info on the 9mm would help. Model number at least. And pictures of cool old guns are ALWAYS encouraged.

Welcome to the forum.

You being new and all, I think we're gonna need to see a pic of those guns.
    BCM and Glock...for a bigger pile of 'cold dead hands' brass.

Chambersburg PA (Pure Appalachia), Pennsylvania
    (Franklin County)

Quote Originally Posted by G. I. Shooter View Post
    Hello,
    Brand new here and will be a regular. I am retiring at the end of this year and will finally have the time to devote time for long awaited hobby's! I am a 23 year vet and my wife is a 10 year vet so we are used to shooting. We just joined a gun club and are on our way. Ok, here is the story. I bought a new 9mm Smith 20 years ago from a friend that needed money, it has never been fired. I took it out from beneath the bed a few days ago and it is still pristine. Also, while uncovering it I found a pistol we completely forgot about. In the sixty's my wife's dad bought a Smith K-22, Masterpiece, Blue Finish, Model 17 pistol and never fired it. Well after years past by he passed away and my wife's mother gave it to us. It is in the original box, wrapped in a t- shirt sprayed with gun oil, and absolutely immaculate, not a scratch on it and never fired. The inside cover of the box states April 15, 1955. I am sure it it worth a buck but we will never sell it. Looking for and serial number data or any other history!
    Rich
    First: Thank you for your service. Every year, every war, every era of service is different, but the need and the service is the same. We are grateful.

Second: Treasure those guns. Keep them in their original boxes, with the papers, books, tools, and do not fire them. They are solid GOLD in that condition.
    Buy something else to SHOOT - new, used, or whatever - but NEW, unfired, in the box, w/ all original materials are worth BIG money to collectors or as family heirlooms.

There is a Smith&Wesson forum on the web with some knowledgeable and very friendly folk who can help you with dates and info like that.

And, "Welcome".

Flash
    "The life unexamined is not worth living." ....... Socrates

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by carrythezero View Post
    Smith? Never heard of em. Sound like junk guns to me. Might as well unload them for something better. How's two fresh new hundy-dolla bills sound???

This may help with the wheel gun:
    http://www.northeastshooters.com/vbu...Date-a-S-amp-W

More info on the 9mm would help. Model number at least. And pictures of cool old guns are ALWAYS encouraged.

Welcome to the forum.
    Thanks for the reply! The 9mm model number is 6590 and will post pics tomorrow as I am on my ipad and will get to the computer tomorrow. How do you post pics?
    Rich

(Bucks County)

Good luck with shooting the "Oldies but goodies". It sounds like you have two great handguns to start going to the range with.
    Last edited by chiefdjs; November 9th, 2013 at 08:38 PM.

(Allegheny County)

Thanks Flash and I agree with all that you have said. However, if I just store them away, and I am not longer here, someone else will have the fun of using them and possibly selling them off. Would it not be worth me enjoying them?
    Rich

(Allegheny County)

Crap.

I just looked under my bed just in case. No guns.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Allegheny County)

I agree Emptymag as our two retired Greyhounds, Lab, English Cocker Spaniel, and Daschund come firts here!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast