Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    (Philadelphia County)

Default Re: Foil Hat - is it me, or are these two scary events: LAX and Smelting plant

Wait until the price of fishing sinkers quadruples! There goes my other hobby too

(Chester County)

Default Re: Foil Hat - is it me, or are these two scary events: LAX and Smelting plant

Quote Originally Posted by Gunsnwater View Post
    That's murcury in cfl not lead.
    Yes, and mercury is much more toxic than lead, yet the Federal government mandates we have it in our homes, and the EPA is fine with it.

(Philadelphia County)

This was the last "primary" smelter, one that is used to refine ore. There are still "secondary" smelter in operation. A "secondary" smelter is used in recycling, melting down old batteries and wheel weights. About 50% of US lead comes from the secondaries.

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by joseywales View Post
    Then, there's this article, about the EPA forcing a shutdown of the last Smelting plant in the US. I don't want to perpetuate the cycle of ammo hoarding, but this seems plausible.

What the loss of this plant means is that there is no longer any American source for lead. Let me say that again: there is no American source for lead. This means that all the lead used to make bullets must now be imported.

The price of bullets will skyrocket, and the shortages we have been seeing will become much worse. On top of that, like any import, Obama will have complete control of what lead comes into the country and where it goes. Your guns will be wall decorations without bullets. The Left has been working this angle for years, and the chickens have come home to roost.

If you wonder why all the buying up of ammo recently was taking place, in addition to Obama’s building his own army, all the Federal users of ammo obviously had the inside scoop that ammo would soon be difficult to come by, so they scarfed up the existing supply to stockpile for later use. It looks like in the future, finding ammo for your guns will be like trying to find hens’ teeth.

Read more at http://girlsjustwannahaveguns.com/20...4ueeEhg38MF.99
    The lack of "American sources of Lead" is probably a benefit for shooters. Lead smelters no longer need worry about being sued for "contributing to gun violence".

This is not to say that someone couldn't build a new Lead Smelter in the US. We saw similar rebirth of US industries with Rare Earths.

The Administration is NOT going to be able to "ban lead in bullets". They just can't stop the use of Lead in the thousand of other products.

There are many ways to make projectiles.

There are some real threats to shooting - abuse of "cop killer bullet" laws to ban ammunition, mis application of explosives laws on ammunition....

The method of banning firearms and ammo will be slow and gradual. One by one people will be deprived of arms.

The method will always involve "Someone else". Until it's like New York City, where most everyone is "someone else". Where owning guns is a luxury or privilege.

With the EPA regulations in place, I'm guessing you'll see as many smelting plants built in the US as you will Oil refineries...
    Honey, sell my guns for what they're worth and not what I told you I paid for them.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by joseywales View Post
    With the EPA regulations in place, I'm guessing you'll see as many smelting plants built in the US as you will Oil refineries...
    And coal fired electric generation which comprises 50% of our electricity is being phased out.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12