Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: New CCer

(Bucks County)

Default New CCer

Hello guys and girls....

After a few days of lurking I decided to post....

I am new to the gun world so to speak being from Italy were the gun laws are more strict than in Jersey (if that's even possible)...Been wanting a gun for the longest time, went to the range a few time and enjoying it quite a lot....Only thing had to overcome was the wife not so sure about owning a gun....it took a single trip with her to the range to change that..

Now I recently purchased a SIG P250 (which I love) and got my LTCF in Doylestwon...gotta love America, I a foreign citizen although a permanent resident allowed to purchase and carry a firearm....

Will start CCing soon (as i found the right holster) and possibly even OCing when I get more confortable with it. So far I just made some "dry test" in the house, yard and walking the dog...

PS. I've read what happen to PA Patriot and other of you guys and I shall say thank you for defending OUR rights.

(Lehigh County)

Default Re: New CCer

Welcome SIGP250.

This site has alot of info and alot of good people that will be more than willing to answer any questions or concerns.

There is an abundance of info on all types of gun related topics here. I have learned alot reading through this site.

Enjoy your stay at the forums.

AG

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by SigP250 View Post
    Hello guys and girls....

After a few days of lurking I decided to post....

I am new to the gun world so to speak being from Italy were the gun laws are more strict than in Jersey (if that's even possible)...Been wanting a gun for the longest time, went to the range a few time and enjoying it quite a lot....Only thing had to overcome was the wife not so sure about owning a gun....it took a single trip with her to the range to change that..

Now I recently purchased a SIG P250 (which I love) and got my LTCF in Doylestwon...gotta love America, I a foreign citizen although a permanent resident allowed to purchase and carry a firearm....

Will start CCing soon (as i found the right holster) and possibly even OCing when I get more confortable with it. So far I just made some "dry test" in the house, yard and walking the dog...

PS. I've read what happen to PA Patriot and other of you guys and I shall say thank you for defending OUR rights.
    First: Welcome to the forums.

Second: It's great to see that you are so appreciative of the freedoms we have here in America.

Third: If you'd like to see those freedoms continue, and you'd like to continue exercising those freedoms, I hope you're considering an application for US citizenship.

We who love freedom here in America need as many supporters, and votes, as we can get in favor of the preservation of liberty. Remember, for every person like yourself who comes to America to be free, there are just as many who come here to make the US just like the country they left.

Welcome, enjoy the forums, be safe, and carry often!
    "Political Correctness is just tyranny with manners"
    -Charlton Heston

"[The Constitution preserves] the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation...(where) the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms."
    -James Madison, Federalist Papers, No. 46.

"America does not go abroad in search of monsters to destroy." [sic]
    -John Quincy Adams

"I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies."
    -Thomas Jefferson

Μολών λαβέ!
    -King Leonidas

(Bucks County)

I hope you're considering an application for US citizenship.
    I sure will..problem is they just jumped the application for Naturalization to $800....but I will certainly do it, no doubt about it.

And I gave them a lot of money to get were I am right now...6 years and counting since I've made my first life changing decision and moved to the US...Would not go back and change for every bit of gold in the world...

(Westmoreland County)

Welcome to the PAFOA! Glad to have you aboard!

New AR15 Forum! www.AlphaRomeo15.org All AR, No Attitude!

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by SigP250 View Post
    I sure will..problem is they just jumped the application for Naturalization to $800....but I will certainly do it, no doubt about it.

And I gave them a lot of money to get were I am right now...6 years and counting since I've made my first life changing decision and moved to the US...Would not go back and change for every bit of gold in the world...
    $800, wow.

Anyway, I'm glad to hear that you're working at it, good luck to you. We need more people like yourself here.
    "Political Correctness is just tyranny with manners"
    -Charlton Heston

"[The Constitution preserves] the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation...(where) the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms."
    -James Madison, Federalist Papers, No. 46.

"America does not go abroad in search of monsters to destroy." [sic]
    -John Quincy Adams

"I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies."
    -Thomas Jefferson

Μολών λαβέ!
    -King Leonidas

(Westmoreland County)

Paisano! Welcome to the forum. My Dad was born in Catanzaro way down in the foot of Italy. Glad to have you here. Good luck with the naturalization process. From the the discover of our continent to invention of the telephone to the development of atomic energy, Italian Americans have been important to this country since before we were a country!

As you already know, Sigs are great guns. I own two of them. For my P220, I carry in a Safariland 328 at 4:00 OWB. Very confortable. Lots of other holster options from Galco and Bianchi that I have used for other guns. You can't go wrong with any of those brands.

How long until y ou can apply for citizenship?
    VEGETARIAN: Native American word meaning "bad hunter"

(Bucks County)

How long until y ou can apply for citizenship?
    Right now I am 1 and a half year away from it....

I will soon go for a "holster fit" since the P250 (as you might know) is fairly new model and the only holster I could find is a paddle from Sigarms....and while am at it pick up a couple spare mags....
    Last edited by SigP250; May 14th, 2008 at 01:33 PM.

(Chester County)

Well first off welcome to the forum and second is this make sure you fidn a good holster for your new baby. Just remember when you get comfortable enough to leave the house with it. I might add after much much practice,and a credible defensive pistol course. Don't fiddle with it or fidget with it get it right where you want it and leave it be, and this really really truly comes in to play when you decide to Oc.

When injustice becomes law, rebellion becomes duty!