Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Hornady pulls a Zumbo

In response to Dick Metcalf betraying every American, Hornady pulls a Zumbo.

I just received this email from Hornady Manufacturing, Inc [mailto:webmaster@hornady.com]
    They are standing behind Dick Metcalf and are saying that we the paying customers are mistaken and are taking Dick Metcalfs column out of context.
    Read the email below.

"
    Well Dick Metcalf is no more anti-gun than Wayne LaPierre. His words are being taken
    out of the context of the whole article , the thrust of which is that regulation may
    mean infringement to some people. The supreme court ruled that all of the rights
    granted by the constitution can be regulated or restricted in certain ways. It is
    naïve for some supposed pro-gun rights individuals to take the position there can be
    absolutely no infringement of the 2nd Amendment, whatsoever. Of course there can, we
    don't legally allow felons or the mentally ill to have access nor do we allow
    law-abiding citizens access to nuclear bombs. So, there is infringement. And always
    was and always will be. The question of degree enters into it and Dick Metcalf will
    fight as strenuously as anyone for the right of law-abiding citizens the unfettered
    right to access to firearms.
    If you are not buying anything from any company that advertises in Guns and Ammo,
    and its sister pubs, Petersen's Hunting and Shooting Times I guess you've decided to
    give up hunting and shooting altogether because EVERYBODY in this industry
    advertises there at some time.
    If you have issues with what he said write him or the magazine and ask him to
    explain his position more clearly so you can understand it."
    Hold the Line...

Default Re: Hornady pulls a Zumbo

Supposedly this was sent out by a rogue employee. See Hornady's follow-up e-mail in the other thread on this topic.
    IANAL. I don't give legal advice. I'm only stating my OPINION.
    (Did I really need to say that on an Internet forum? LOL)

Quote Originally Posted by Boots_DE View Post
    Supposedly this was sent out by a rogue employee. See Hornady's follow-up e-mail in the other thread on this topic.
    Here's the followup from Facebook:

"Hornady Since we were founded in 1949, Hornady has been, and always will be, a strong proponent of the 2nd Amendment. We have fought alongside the NRA, NSSF and numerous other national organizations, and Political Action Committees to fend off any attacks and proposed limitations of our 2nd Amendment Rights, at both the national and state level.

Dick Metcalf’s recent op-ed article in the December edition of Guns & Ammo has brought him and the company he works for (Intermedia) under attack. We (Steve & Jason Hornady and senior management) know Dick Metcalf well. Over the years we’ve shared many meals, stories and created tons of “empty brass” together at media events, trade shows and campfires, and we have always found him to be a staunch supporter of the 2nd amendment and firearm rights. Dick is our friend in spite of the fact that we don’t agree with his opinions represented in the article in question.

We’ve had a very good working relationship with Intermedia and their predecessors for over 50 years. We believe they will resolve this issue and continue to run a great company."
    Then straight from the donkey's mouth:
    "We did in a previous post - Here is a copy: We apologize for the response as it was written. We have identified and dealt with the staffer responsible and it won’t happen again.
    Steve Hornady"
    Hold the Line...

(Berks County)

Steve Hornady the zombie whore would be better served by keeping the corporate moulth shut from the start. We can't find their bullets on the shelf to boycott anyway. Maybe he should go drink some weak tea with Dick and plan Hillary's campaign.

(Wayne County)

I called Hornady today just to give them something to think about. The guy your after is Jason Hornady he' s public relations. The operator also told me that they are getting lots of calls. Make em sing and ring it worked for Reed Exhibitions.

(Dauphin County)

I gotta read up on all this I don't even know what happened

(Philadelphia County)

Just to recap, here's what Zumbo said:

I must be living in a vacuum. The guides on our hunt tell me that the use of AR and AK rifles have a rapidly growing following among hunters, especially prairie dog hunters. I had no clue. Only once in my life have I ever seen anyone using one of these firearms.

I call them "assault" rifles, which may upset some people. Excuse me, maybe I'm a traditionalist, but I see no place for these weapons among our hunting fraternity. I'll go so far as to call them "terrorist" rifles. They tell me that some companies are producing assault rifles that are "tackdrivers."

Sorry, folks, in my humble opinion, these things have no place in hunting. We don't need to be lumped into the group of people who terrorize the world with them, which is an obvious concern. I've always been comfortable with the statement that hunters don't use assault rifles. We've always been proud of our "sporting firearms."

(Jefferson County)

So, am I a terrorist for owning one of these "terrorist rifles"? Seriously, I've just about reached my limit!

Posted from Pafoa.org App for Android

Quote Originally Posted by newman attack View Post
    So, am I a terrorist for owning one of these "terrorist rifles"? Seriously, I've just about reached my limit!
    Basically that's how some hunters view you.
    In order to get intelligent answers you must speak intelligently.

Quote Originally Posted by Qtrborecrazy View Post
    I called Hornady today just to give them something to think about. The guy your after is Jason Hornady he' s public relations. The operator also told me that they are getting lots of calls. Make em sing and ring it worked for Reed Exhibitions.
    Whoever wrote that needs to be canned. My entire reloading setup is Hornady and I will tell them I will not buy another piece from them until this is rectified.

BTW: anyone have their 800 number? The 800 number I have for them in my phone has changed to an internet service provider.
    The USA is now a banana republic. Only without the bananas....or the Republic.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast