Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Chester County)

Default CSpan Stand Your Stand US Senate Hearing and Senator Graham

I have no rational explanation why I was watching CSPAN friday night (what's this big "L" on my forehead mean?) but there was US Senate Judiciary subcommittee hearing on "Stand Your Ground Laws". The panel included pro 2A scholar John Lott, who operates on an intellectual plane few could match, and the mother of Trayvon Martin.

http://www.c-span.org/Events/Senate-...10737442338-1/

A few noteworthy items:
    - Dems are all gun grabbers (not really noteworthy, but worth restating).
    - Senator Ted Cruz was excellent and "stood his ground" on the Second Amendment.
    - It was insinuated that "Stand Your Ground" is racially charged.
    - Senator Lindsey Graham (R? SC) actually told Trayvon's mother he knew her son was a "fine young gentleman" and was "just going out to get candy" and got shot for it. I know it's been litigated here so I'm not trying to start the argument, but if it makes you feel like this guy is a spineless worm, it's worth noting he's up for re-election soon and will likely face a primary. I won't contribute unless I think the opposing candidate has a good shot not only of beating Graham but winning the election.

http://thehill.com/homenews/campaign...cumbent-graham
    Steve762

Default Re: CSpan Stand Your Stand US Senate Hearing and Senator Graham

he knew her son was a "fine young gentleman" and was "just going out to get candy"
    Might want to look up the term, 'Purple Drank'

(Delaware County)

Default Re: CSpan Stand Your Stand US Senate Hearing and Senator Graham

Quote Originally Posted by steve762 View Post
    I have no rational explanation why I was watching CSPAN friday night (what's this big "L" on my forehead mean?) but there was US Senate Judiciary subcommittee hearing on "Stand Your Ground Laws". The panel included pro 2A scholar John Lott, who operates on an intellectual plane few could match, and the mother of Trayvon Martin.

http://www.c-span.org/Events/Senate-...10737442338-1/

A few noteworthy items:
    - Dems are all gun grabbers (not really noteworthy, but worth restating).
    - Senator Ted Cruz was excellent and "stood his ground" on the Second Amendment.
    - It was insinuated that "Stand Your Ground" is racially charged.
    - Senator Lindsey Graham (R? SC) actually told Trayvon's mother he knew her son was a "fine young gentleman" and was "just going out to get candy" and got shot for it. I know it's been litigated here so I'm not trying to start the argument, but if it makes you feel like this guy is a spineless worm, it's worth noting he's up for re-election soon and will likely face a primary. I won't contribute unless I think the opposing candidate has a good shot not only of beating Graham but winning the election.

http://thehill.com/homenews/campaign...cumbent-graham
    John Lott vs travon martin's mother. That is really an even playing field. And I am sure the people of south Carolina got good use of their crying towels after the "He was a good kid" comment by Graham. Or maybe it was said in the vein of over the top sarcasm.
    Last edited by c45man; November 5th, 2013 at 01:12 PM.