Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Montgomery County)

Default Adjusting a leather holster and best way to wear an outside a waste holster.

After several months of have a leather holster for my M-9 Beretta, I finely desired to use it. The problem is the the front sight is getting stuck on the the lower opening of the holster. There is a screw at the bitten of the holster, but not really sure how to adjust it. Does anyone have an advices how to best adjust my holster so that he site does not snag again the opening?

Also what is the best way to wear an outside of the waste holster?

Thank you,
    Nick.
    I will die, You will die, we all will die, just not today Patton, Battle of the Bulge.

(Berks County)

Default Re: Adjusting a leather holster and best way to wear an outside a waste holster.

What is the brand/model of the holster?

The best way to wear an OWB is so that it is secure and comfortable for you.
    Let's not forget there are still species of tropical penguins living in the Galapagos.

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: Adjusting a leather holster and best way to wear an outside a waste holster.

The holster is a PWL 120 T/E for a 92FS

http://smith-wessonforum.com/smith-w...er-3913-a.html
    I will die, You will die, we all will die, just not today Patton, Battle of the Bulge.

The End of Josiah's Railroad, Pennsylvania
    (Luzerne County)

Assuming you mean the second image on the page, that screw adjusts how much the leather will squeeze on the sides of the pistol so that you can make it tight enough that it doesn't fall out, but still loose enough that you can draw the pistol smoothly.

As far as the front sight post getting snagged, you might try practicing your technique with an unloaded pistol to see if a different technique will be effective.

(Montgomery County)

The best way to solve your problem is to buy a better holster. The "Cuda" from Simply Rugged.com is a far superior holster and will not have these issues.
    Join the groups protecting your rights from the fools trying to take them from you!

(Lehigh County)

CAn you take a picture of yours?

(Northampton County)

That PWL 120 you linked to is mine. The screw at the bottom of the holster provides tension on the front of the slide. Tighten or loosen the screw to gain the amount of retention you desire.

As far as how to wear an OWB holster. The key is having a belt designed to hold the weight of the weapon, sized to match the slots in the holster. I've been using mine for more years than I can remember and have not had a single problem with it.