Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast
    (Montgomery County)

Thumbs down Gun Wrongs: Open Carry Rant you don't want to hear

Sorry in advance I don't proof read or spell check.
    When I first started posting here I was all for open carry. While I had never done it myself I completely supported those who I thought were standing up for my "gun rights". Now after reading this forum for a month and the comments on the Papatriot arrested story I don't support open carry at all. If there were some training or certification requirements, maybe. But most of the gun nuts on this forum have lost touch with reality. You live everyday of your lives in fear of what might happen. Most cops(despite being directly in harms way and responding first to emergencies) never fire their weapon. Some go 20-30 years and never fire a shot. Do you believe it? Some of you have an almost shot someone/almost drew my weapon incidents a few times a year. Wonder why? I agree its a great idea to protect yourself but some are taking it to the extreme. IMO there are too many wannabe cowboys. People who are carrying in hopes of being mistaken for a cop or to feel important. Some even boast about wanting to shoot someone. It seems some do it to boost their confidence which is laughable. Guys, guns don't make you tough. I do admit a select few of the posters seem genuine <PAPATRIOT,a couple of his buddies> in supporting gun rights. He is the exception rather than the rule. Read between the lines. When you leave your home while open carrying hoping to have an encounter with an LEO its pretty sad. Don't be offended, try to give if some thought from another perspective. I urged many of my friends to take a look at some of this stuff and even printed out the entire PAPARIOT arrested thread for others to glance over. Most people I have talked to about this agree(this is in real life and not on a forum, try it guyS). Imagine the police officers and their superiors involved in the incident at OCB viewed some of the posts and comments. "I wish the cop would have told me to do this so I can put him in his place. " "You schooled him." Really you didn't. You made yourself look like a psycho gun nut. You didnt stand up for yourself or your rights. You got your jollies arguing with an authority figure because you dad didn't pay enough attention. No, you aren't supporting guns rights or taking your 2nd amendment right for a walk. What you are doing is fueling the fire of the anti-gun people and creating a rift between different types of gun owners.I know this isn't something any of you want to hear but these are the views of the common people. This really is what most people think. Ask around. No don't ask rufus and his cousin at the general store. Before you flame me: Go back and read the whole thread again and ask yourself are all these people supporting this for the right reasons???
    While I realize no one on this forum will agree with my opinion I hope some of you give it some thought. Try talking to people who aren't members of some pro-gun forum and don't own guns about open carrying. With all that said the only people who should be open carrying are PAPATRIOT AND LEO's. THanks PFOA for the education!

Default Re: Gun Wrongs: Open Carry Rant you don't want to hear

Troll
    -------------
    "Never give up, never surrender!" Commander Peter Quincy Taggart

(Tioga County)

Well Chill16, you know what they say about opinions.....

I don't agree with OC either, but there are MANY reasons I would never want it to become illegal, or restricted. Would prefer to make it illegal for your gun to hang out a bit? Or how about when they confiscate your legal weapon because its not in their illegal database?

You put out this mindless dribble that my 4y/o nephew could have come up with, and post it all over the forum like anyone gives a fuck. Fact of the matter is, GTFO!

(Lehigh County)

You live everyday of your lives in fear of what might happen.
    There's a difference between fearing something and preparing for something. We do the latter.

Your argument can be boiled down to "Stop upsetting the status quo, cops are better than you and they know what's best. Don't rock the boat and make yourself look like a psycho, be a good little citizen and sit down and shut up."

No sir, I don't like it.
    Any mission, any conditions, any foe at any range.
    Twice the mayhem, triple the force.
    Ten times the action, total hardcore.

Default Re: Gun Wrongs: Open Carry rant from a clueless moron

1) There are people who are in the services who thank people who open carry. The exact wording last comment was, "thank you for expressing your 2nd amendment, its what I fought for in the war."
    2) not OCing, you're STILL fueling anti-gun people. how? Well there is less openness of appreciation of rights... so why do we need this right, its not being expressed so lets just ban it.
    3) Many older people where I live, especially over 35, don't care if I open carry even if its in Anchorage in the middle of down town. In fact it sparks converstaion, most of the time gun related or just idle talk.
    4) I don't think anyone on this forum OC to be cowboys, but I could be wrong. Cowboys are usually the ones like in the walmart thread.
    5) wannabe cowboys join blackwater and get themselves killed.
    6) Police aren't required to protect you in an incident
    7) You don't have your own police officer 24/7
    8) Seid Bereit!

Every officer in the police department where I live doesn't care if I open carry or not, they see me as the nutty techie who has nothing better to do than come to the police station at 2300 hours to fix a computer. State troopers on the other hand is different, but I tend to completely evade them just because I *DON'T* want confrontation.

You must live in a large city, most smaller cities don't care if people open carry, it is a possibility open carry might be more common in cities not Pittsburgh or Philly.

You mention about what most common people think, do you have some statistics we can all see, or are you just blowing it all out your bottom? Though it sounds like your whole post came from your bottom.

I also must show this picture to explain what most people on the board think of this thread.

Last edited by gunperson003; May 13th, 2008 at 01:48 PM.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Chilly16 View Post
    [I]Now after reading this forum for a month and the comments on the Papatriot arrested story I don't support open carry at all.
    so that one thread made you no longer believe in the constitution (or maybe just some portions of it...like the 2nd amendment)?

is your belief in the basic foundations of our country so tenuous that a few (what are in your opinion ignorant) remarks from random people will shake your belief?

But most of the gun nuts on this forum have lost touch with reality.
    people placing practicality (what you call "reality") above what is right is what will lead to (actually already is leading to) the downfall of our country.

i submit that it is you, and those who think like you, who have lost touch with reality. it is understandable, though. we have lived in a sheltered society where we have not had to fear real tyranny for a long, long time. most americans don't understand what it is and most think "it could never happen here".

well, reality is that tyranny most certainly can happen here...and will if we don't remain vigilant against it. and, further, reality is that tyranny is very, very ugly...and much, much more difficult to defeat once it is entrenched than while it is still trying to get a grip on a society.

now--when violence is not yet required--is the time to fight rather than waiting until the only tool left in our toolbox is violence.

When you leave your home while open carrying hoping to have an encounter with an LEO its pretty sad.
    not as sad, imho, as the fact that sooner or later many of these people actually will have such an encounter...despite the fact that they are doing nothing illegal.

the truth is that these people you speak of should spend the entire rest of their lives hoping for that encounter and never having it actually happen.

the fact that that is not the way things play out actually proves that these people you speak of are right. the oppression they fear and seek to expose is apparently real.

Imagine the police officers and their superiors involved in the incident at OCB viewed some of the posts and comments. "I wish the cop would have told me to do this so I can put him in his place. " "You schooled him." Really you didn't.
    well, we shall see when this is all over who schooled who.

You made yourself look like a psycho gun nut. You didnt stand up for yourself or your rights. You got your jollies arguing with an authority figure because you dad didn't pay enough attention.
    you sure are presumptuous, but let's just assume you are right for a second.

i, for one am glad that there are people out their who argue with authority figures just for the sake of keeping authority in check. that instinct is part of what keeps us free. if no one challenged authority, we would be living under tyranny.

while challenging authority for no good reason can certainly be counterproductive, it is no nearly as dangerous as the opposite...allowing authority to go unchallenged all the time.

the fact is that we have some government agents who want their authority to go unchallenged all the time. fortunately, we have some people on the opposite end of the spectrum (who want to challenge all authority all the time) to provide counter-balance to those government agents.

What you are doing is fueling the fire of the anti-gun people and creating a rift between different types of gun owners.
    aha...you are one of those people who believes that if you feed a tiger enough steaks, he will become a vegetarian, eh?

This really is what most people think.
    to be honest, i don't really care what most people think. the vast majority of people in this country would gladly trade their freedom for a false sense of security.

fortunately, though, we have the constitution to protect us from those people. and, also fortunately, we still have some people left in this country who are willing to stand up and fight for their constitutionally guaranteed rights.

With all that said the only people who should be open carrying are PAPATRIOT AND LEO's. THanks PFOA for the education!
    thank you for providing a crystal clear example of why it is so important to have rule of law and a constitution that protects basic human rights from people like you who think they should be the arbitrators of who gets to exercise what rights.

(Montgomery County)

Yay, Chilly. You must be so proud of yourself! You are the definition of an Internet Troll. You are on a roll today. First you get one of your threads locked, and now this. Yay, Chilly!

With all that said the only people who should be open carrying are PAPATRIOT AND LEO's.
    That sounds very similar to the rantings of Spendell, Nutsack, and Hamsey.
    Last edited by 625; May 13th, 2008 at 02:02 PM.

The rights of U.S. citizens are not a matter of majority vote. Some of them, like the right to self defense, and the right to the means of self defense, are inherent. They come from God if you're a believer, or simply from nature by virtue of being human. They are not bestowed by our "servants" in Washington, and they can't be stripped away just because 3 out of 4 people are disinterested.

Furthermore, a right unused is a right without continued existence. If nobody is gauche enough to bring the guns out where they frighten the horses and the Liberals, then eventually we reach a point where police assume that it's unlawful to bring them out at all. It's only by familiarizing people with the legality and practicality of open carry that we can establish it as part of the mainstream. People are used to guns on cops' belts, they are used to chainsaws in the hands of lumberjacks. Take a chainsaw into a beauty parlor or a handgun out to dinner, though, and you'll scare some of the customers. It's just what people are used to.

Compare the number of spree shootings in places where nobody is carrying a weapon (concealed or openly) to the number of spree shootings where some of the victims are armed. There's no comparison at all. Nobody starts shooting up a gun show or a crowded target range, because even deranged killers understand what the dainty Lefties fail to grasp: that evil armed people will be stopped by normal armed people, but unarmed people are little more than targets for bad guys. Dialing 911 just tells the government where to deliver the body bags, it won't save your life.

(Allegheny County)

Some background info on the OP.

The copy found in the first post here was posted in the Pa. Patriot "arrested" thread.
    Poor taste indeed. I deleted that post, as it was meant to stir up trouble where none existed.

I have NO problem with the anti-OC views being discussed. Except for the blatantly confrontational comments such as
    ...most of the gun nuts on this forum...
    Discuss away, but do it quickly, because I predict that things will get nasty, and the thread will be closed, as they always do when someone tries to SHOVE THEIR VIEWS on the rest of us.

Like the police who arrested one of our members.
    Last edited by Emptymag; May 13th, 2008 at 01:56 PM. Reason: typo
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast