Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Chester County)

Default Police Confirm that the SKS was stolen.

Well Floyd told police that the SKS used in the tragic shooting of a Philly police sergeant (sorry can't spell his name didn't want to disgrace him with a terrible spelling) was stolen out of a legally owned home. What truly pissed me off is the news called it an assault rifle again. So does that mean my father in laws semi auto .22lr are assault rifles now to?

When injustice becomes law, rebellion becomes duty!

(Luzerne County)

Default Re: Police Confirm that the SKS was stolen.

Well.. THERE IS A SUPRISE... a Legally owned gun... STOLEN... by scumbags that were not in jail where they belonged... HMMMMMMMMM... Gun laws would have prevented this ??? I DONT THINK SO.....

(Montgomery County)

On Fox29 last night, they reported that the gun was stolen as well ... during an *ARMED ROBBERY* by a *CONVICTED FELON*. Obviously, the evil SKS is the root cause of the tragedy.

(Philadelphia County)

Maybe when law-abiding citizens don't own "assault rifles," criminals can steal their goods from......OTHER criminals. That would be excellent. It just goes to prove that no matter who has these weapons, criminals WILL steal them to get them. Let's enforce laws on the books instead of creating new ones.
    Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit softly. -Theodore Roosevelt

(Lackawanna County)

I wouldn't be surprised if they blame the legal owner as the problem. Saying the the firearm should have been secured in a bomb proof underground bunker.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by wolfsburg_de View Post
    On Fox29 last night, they reported that the gun was stolen as well ... during an *ARMED ROBBERY* by a *CONVICTED FELON*. Obviously, the evil SKS is the root cause of the tragedy.
    And I doubt that it was reported with as much fanfare as the original incident. In other words, this vital fact important to our argument, once again, is merely a footnote, as it's nowhere near as dramatic and shocking (read: not a ratings catcher).
    "Political Correctness is just tyranny with manners"
    -Charlton Heston

"[The Constitution preserves] the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation...(where) the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms."
    -James Madison, Federalist Papers, No. 46.

"America does not go abroad in search of monsters to destroy." [sic]
    -John Quincy Adams

"I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies."
    -Thomas Jefferson

Μολών λαβέ!
    -King Leonidas

(Montgomery County)

Last week there was an editorial in the Pottstown Mercury regarding this incident and it agreed that it was more important that the firearms laws we have now be prosecuted as opposed to reenacting the AWB or enacting a more laws. Interestingly, it also had a blurb about LEOs wearing the protection that is available and how that should be better enforced.

Same page also had a letter to the editor saying that straw purchases should be made illegal . It made a good point, though it wasn't its intention. The fact that his guy didn't know it already WAS illegal to make straw purchases shows that the law is at best sporadically enforced and I'd be willing to bet (opinion time) rarely enforced.
    Quote Originally Posted by jdlv4_0
    When are people going to learn that safety is not a "feeling"

(Lancaster County)

Angry Re: Police Confirm that the SKS was stolen.

I heard them talking on the radio about putting the SKS on the "Assault Weapon List"... And there isn't even an AWB in this state!

That's coming from the facist regime that is running the city of Philly. I saw a few days ago where the police chief of Philly was grandstanding with a LEO, couldn't afford an easel, holding up a picture of a similar gun and claiming it needs to be banned.

We need to get a petition sent to Lynne Abrams telling her to arrest Nutter, the police chief and city council for violating State law. It's not that they aren't aware of violating the state constitution. SHE told them so at the council meeting before they voted to pass all those laws.

It's time to start using existing laws to arrest a government gone wild.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by knighthawk06699 View Post
    Well Floyd told police that the SKS used in the tragic shooting of a Philly police sergeant (sorry can't spell his name didn't want to disgrace him with a terrible spelling) was stolen out of a legally owned home. What truly pissed me off is the news called it an assault rifle again. So does that mean my father in laws semi auto .22lr are assault rifles now to?
    His name is Steven Liczbinski and he left behind a wife and three young children.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast