Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    (Monroe County)

Thumbs up Rock Island Armory -1911 Officers / Compact

Hey guys, Just figured I'd post up a quick review of my new RIA Officers 1911.

I like it! I got out and put about 75 rounds through it and it definitely shoots better then I do. I shot out to about 15 yards and as long as I concerntrated and aimed it was hitting right where I aiming. I had 1 lock open with a round left in the mag, not entirely sure what happened but a quick rack of the slide and it picked it up fine

I hit low and the left a lot but I do the same thing with my USP, the joy of having horrible vision (left eye dominant, right hand shooter).

I paid 410 TOTAL including S&H and transfer fee, it has a great warranty and all reports I've read of any service needing done have been quickly resolved.

If you are looking for a "budget" 1911 I would definitely say check them out. I couldn't be happier with mine, the fit and finish is good, I don't see any noticeable machine marks and I don't see anything that is / could fail or is inferior quality.

I know I'll get bashed by the 1911 elites but for 1/2 to 1/3rd the price of a lot of other 1911's it a great entry level gun that won't break the bank.

(Cambria County)

Default Re: Rock Island Armory -1911 Officers / Compact

Quote Originally Posted by Dredly View Post
    I know I'll get bashed by the 1911 elites but for 1/2 to 1/3rd the price of a lot of other 1911's it a great entry level gun that won't break the bank.
    Anyone that claims to be "elite" and bashes you for buying a decent gun for a small chunk of change that goes bang when it's asked to and more importantly, that you're happy with, ain't all that "elite". I like the Rock Island guns, not bad for the money really.

Agreed. I'll be in the 1911 market sometime next year I assume. Doublestack 9mm or .40 likely.

(Monroe County)

Hey guys here are some pics of my RIA and also some comparison pics between my RIA Officers, H&K USP 40S&W, my wifes Bersa .380.

Thanks for posting this. I've always wanted a Government Model, but don't want to drop $800+ on one. I've been kind of interested in whether the RIA guns are any good.

I'm kind of hoping no one realized that what I (and my wife) really want is at least one of each gun made
    "Never give up, never surrender!" Commander Peter Quincy Taggart

(Berks County)

Where did you get it for that price? I've been on the lookout for an affordable officer's size 1911 to replace my Glock 26 as my CCW.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by BerksCountyDave View Post
    Where did you get it for that price? I've been on the lookout for an affordable officer's size 1911 to replace my Glock 26 as my CCW.
    I got it off gun broker but I think the guy is sold out... Watch for www.sarcoinc.com they have them for even less but are having FFL troubles... if you have some time to wait (probably another month?) you'll get a GREAT deal on an RIA Compact.

They had the Full Sizes for like 329? The Officers for around 350 I think. I paid 390 including S&H for mine.

I don't think you are going to find a better made 1911 for this price anywhere. I looked and came up with nothing. Everyone that is selling their 1911's wants to get almost new price for it... forget that.

(Chester County)

Who gives a flying lizard turd how much it costs??? All that matters it like said it goes bang when it is told to and is accurate and you like it. Here is a chart that my bother in law found on this site hopefully it will help you out.
    Attached Images Attached Images

When injustice becomes law, rebellion becomes duty!

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by knighthawk06699 View Post
    Who gives a flying lizard turd how much it costs??? All that matters it like said it goes bang when it is told to and is accurate and you like it. Here is a chart that my bother in law found on this site hopefully it will help you out.

wow cool chart :P Thats probably what I'm doing too (jerking the trigger and holding to tight)

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by Dredly View Post
    wow cool chart :P Thats probably what I'm doing too (jerking the trigger and holding to tight)
    Not a problem I printed a few out and we took them to the range. I wanted to do some trigger control drills and wow does that help out a lot. I love that chart.

When injustice becomes law, rebellion becomes duty!

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast