Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    (York County)

Default Re: Gun Control Activists Have a New Plan that Could Win

I know a gun control that will work turn half the country into the gun-free, slave driving, life sucking, communist-industrial state it's just dying to become since john adams rivaled thosman jefferson over ideas of stronger industry vs. freer states, and allow the other half of the country to be a free state. I'd prefer to take the right side of america for the free state, because yellow stone nation park is going to fucking blow up. The worst thing about these anti-gun people is they're unreasonable. Trying to reason with anyone who's unreasonable is like trying to administer medicine to the dead. (- thomas paine)
    Last edited by HUHwhat; November 2nd, 2013 at 12:42 PM. Reason: thomas paine not jeff

(Bucks County)

Greetings,

MDJschool, it seems you've taken some of my remarks out of context and then pasted them together with the replies of others to intentionally make me look ignorant.

What is the specific problem you have with MY OP? I asked that:

We put aside our differences so we can work together.

That we try to come up with an offensive plan of action.

That we put together a package of "realistic" legislative initiatives to bring to our reps.

I was VERY careful to use the word realistic AND put it in quotes. WHY? First, who am I alone to determine what is or isn't realistic? Next, I prefaced that comment by stating I consider myself a hard liner who would "gut the PA UFC". That is NOT politically realistic and I understand that. I tossed out a few examples as starting points for further discussion. Not specifically a "call to arms" as you state, but an open question to other members to contribute their thoughts, critique my statements and again, work together on this.

Sorry, but I don't see how any of my points were mutually exclusive of each other. Please go back to my post and re-read. You are of course free to disagree with me to any degree or completely; no problem. What would be of benefit though is if you could offer up suggestions that would benefit us.

Your other post indicated that you're unhappy with the NRA; again, that's fine. As with any large organization there is good and bad. There probably aren't a lot of NRA members that agree completely with everything they have said or done. What would you suggest they do?

So please, what are your ideas? Or is the current state of affairs one that you're content with? How about the future? What's your plan?

Regards, Jim

Quote Originally Posted by MDJschool View Post
    One of the reasons ignorant people don't do anything about their situation is because they face cognitive dissonance when reading rallying cries.

So, the above poster asks us to:
    1) Put behind us any thoughts we currently have of supporting or assenting to unconstitutional 'law', which are the silly differences used to divide us,
    2) We need to put up sufficient resistance and be on the offensive...
    3) unless that resistance and offensive is a suit filed for injunction, like could happen with Erie, in a judicial decision that can go against us,
    4) and we need to focus on 'realistic goals' while 'putting up sufficient resistance' 'on the offensive'.

What this poster has said is that we must do 1 and 2, and 3 and 4, but to do 3 and 4, we cannot do 1 and 2. Therefore, his idea will not pick up and carry with anyone. While many readers of his call to proverbial arms will not consciously think very logically while reading it, at the very least, their subconscious will not make sense of the apparently diametrically opposite positions the author espouses.

Quote Originally Posted by mikelets456 View Post
    Really? With unlimited funding,unlimited media exposure, unlimited exposure and unlimited support by teaching institutions. Taking the enemy lightly is suicide.

I've seen everything that's good that support being demonized and thought of as bad. Our country has been turned upside down and I take nothing for granite.

I've done petitioning, marches, boycotts, rallies, etc. this stuff is good and effective however we need more involved people. We need to have numbers of us at local school meetings every week. Local township meetings, local everything meetings every week. If we have groups show up and continue to speak the truth, etc that's one way.

Let me know how I can help. We need to start being proactive .
    They are going to use the same methods used for the last 50 years to push gay rights. It took a long time but now you can't even call a *** a *** with out being arrested for a hate crime.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234