Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Default Car Carry/Open Carry On Maine Permit

Hey guys, I apologize as this is a fairly covered topic, I'm 20 I applied for my Maine CCW 10 months ago right when Kane started buggering with all the agreements and whatnot. I just now received my permit. I know it is not valid to conceal with in PA, but have been away from the community for awhile and just wanted to verify my belief that it is okay to carry in a car with a Maine permit, and could someone please site me the statue saying so? Thanks in advance guys.

I believe it would be exception 11 of 6106?

(11) Any person while carrying a firearm in any vehicle, which person possesses a valid and lawfully issued license for that firearm which has been issued under the laws of the United States or any other state.

Default Re: Car Carry/Open Carry On Maine Permit

10 months???? Wow.

(Jefferson County)

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessZ View Post
    Hey guys, I apologize as this is a fairly covered topic, I'm 20 I applied for my Maine CCW 10 months ago right when Kane started buggering with all the agreements and whatnot. I just now received my permit. I know it is not valid to conceal with in PA, but have been away from the community for awhile and just wanted to verify my belief that it is okay to carry in a car with a Maine permit, and could someone please site me the statue saying so? Thanks in advance guys.

I believe it would be exception 11 of 6106?

(11) Any person while carrying a firearm in any vehicle, which person possesses a valid and lawfully issued license for that firearm which has been issued under the laws of the United States or any other state.
    As of recent court rulings, PA residents need a PA issued LTCF. Under 21yo carry(concealed or in a vehicle) on another state's license is no longer a valid option. See this post - http://forum.pafoa.org/pennsylvania-...ml#post2541682

However - unlicensed AND unloaded vehicle transporting may now be legal. Note, MAY be legal. The text of law says otherwise, but the Superior Court just spoke of it being legal - however one should be cautious because it may not have been one of the enumerated items to be ruled upon.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by knight0334 View Post
    As of recent court rulings, PA residents need a PA issued LTCF. Under 21yo carry(concealed or in a vehicle) on another state's license is no longer a valid option. See this post - http://forum.pafoa.org/pennsylvania-...ml#post2541682

However - unlicensed AND unloaded vehicle transporting may now be legal. Note, MAY be legal. The text of law says otherwise, but the Superior Court just spoke of it being legal - however one should be cautious because it may not have been one of the enumerated items to be ruled upon.
    What the hell, well thanks, that's ridiculous, don't know why I don't leave this state.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by HiredGoon View Post
    10 months???? Wow.
    Papers sent January 26th, permit received Oct 14th with incorrect birthday 8-7-1943, correct permit received Oct 16th.

(Allegheny County)

OP... the recent Superior Court ruling does NOT change the current laws covered by the UFA for transporting firearms in a vehicle.

(Franklin County)

Quote Originally Posted by SteelCityK9Cop View Post
    OP... the recent Superior Court ruling does NOT change the current laws covered by the UFA for transporting firearms in a vehicle.
    No, but if a prosecutor brings charges and cites the ruling, the OP may find himself in a situation he wishes he were not in.
    Get your "Guns Save Lives" stickers today! PM for more info.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by gnbrotz View Post
    No, but if a prosecutor brings charges and cites the ruling, the OP may find himself in a situation he wishes he were not in.
    Totally agree. I would further hazard that it would be rare for an inferior court to contradict the rulings (even dicta) of a higher court.

As to the OP's specific question, my thoughts here:

http://forum.pafoa.org/pennsylvania-...ml#post2541759
    IANAL

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by gnbrotz View Post
    I'm referring to the idea that unloaded and unlicensed "might" be legal now... unloaded and unlicensed in violation of the UFA is a quick ticket to jail and the possible loss of your firearm rights.

(Allegheny County)

Thanks guys, I'll be honest I'm not going to risk it. I got the license so I could easily transport my 1911 in my car, and keep it loaded in the car. This is so frustrating, since it took 10 months. But I don't want to risk the felony that it is. Especially because I drive a car that is quite the eye candy for cops. Guess I'll just wait and see what develops.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast