Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: H&K hateraide

(Allegheny County)

Default H&K hateraide

Am I the only one that hates H&K pistols? I just found a usp fullsize 9mm in one of my safes. To be honest I forgot I had it. Anyways my buddy was looking to trade his kimber raptor for something else and I was looking to see if I had any guns I could part with. I brought the hk, 2 Glocks, an xd and a cz 75 b to see what he was interested in. He didn't hesitate and took the hk over having 2 of any of the other guns. WTF I don't get it. I personally hate the gun for its looks and feel. It was reliable the couple of times I shot it but it falls into the "doesn't fit me category". My buddy blew a load and was acting like he got the deal of a century. Is it just me or did I rob him of a beautiful 1911 stainless kimber?

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: H&K hateraide

I'm not a fan either. I don't like polymer hammer fired guns for some reason and I also hate DA/SA (which is most HKs).

I DO love the looks of the P7, but the prices on them have gotten absolutely stupid expensive so I doubt i'll ever own one.

(Tioga County)

I find the P7 an interesting gun I want but the recent H&K pistol offerings haven't done much for me. Especially for the price. There isn't anything there that makes me say I gotta have that. A bunch of USPs have been sold to Euro police forces so someday when the surplus guns hit the market I might try one.

(Cumberland County)

You guys need to try the P30.

I'm not an HK fanboy by any stretch of the imagination, but it's like it was made for my hands.

That being said I'd probably never buy one.
    Selling off a a sizeable Spyderco collection here

I have an H&K P7 - USP 9mm Full size and a USP Compact .40 cal. - I also had a USP Compact .45 Cal but sold that one.

The USP's are OK, I prefer a Glock when it comes to Polymer guns, and I get what you say about the Full-size not fitting you, me either, But I got good deals on them and kind of liked the .45, But I have other guns I prefer over the USP's.

Now, the P7 - I hope to be buried with that, That is the Sweetest Handgun out of all I own. H&K got it right on that one, too bad they stopped making them.

It's Ok not to like something, I'm not a fan of SIG pistols but the rest of the World seems to think that GOD himself built them and blessed man-kind with the Ultimate handgun, I'm just not crazy about the controls, But they do feel good in the hand. However, Variety is the Spice of life as they used to say, Hence why we have different weapons to choose from.

TJ
    Recoil Happens

(Bucks County)

I have 4 variations of the USP 9; Expert, Match, Fullsize, SD, and they are great.

Out of the choices you presented, I would have taken the USP 9 as well.

Next time you forget about owning a gun, let me come inventory your safe and help myself to what you don't know you have, especially a $900 HK.

If your friend has a little coin, he may not be worried about the trade difference. Could be the Kimber didn't function to his liking or that it turned out to be just too heavy. He could have even did the, 'I tried the 1911...what's the big deal?' thing and just wanted out of it. I wouldn't worry about it too much because in some regards, he has a better gun, now, than the Raptor. He is possibly saying over on the HK forum, 'Did I just rip my friend off giving him a Kimber Raptor for his HK USP?' You know good and darn well they'd be calling you a sucker. If I had to pick between the two and was only allowed to have one, I would take the USP over any 1911, and I get wood with 1911's.
    BCM and Glock...for a bigger pile of 'cold dead hands' brass.

(Allegheny County)

Well my daily carry gun for over ten years has been a USP45. I have a Sigs, Colt and Kimber 1911's, Browning HP's and the HKUSP is still my gun of choice.

(Centre County)

Do they make a P30LS that is SAO? That's the only HK I would even consider, but, it would have to be on super sale special close out double refund distributor pricing.....

I'm NOT a DA/SA or DAO guy in any way..... So.....

(Chester County)

I have an HK P7M8, P7 PSP in addition to a USP .45 Tactical which I bought with the intent of getting a suppressor, as it is set up out of the box for one.

The P7 in any variant, is an absolute jewel. Extremely well made, innovate, very accurate, reliable, slim, and easy to carry with a decent belt, and holster. I often carry my P7 PSP.

The USP Tactical is an all around nice pistol, also accurate, and reliable, but it doesn't do that much for me, and I've decided not to get a can, so it has sat with very few rounds down the pipe. I rather shoot my 1911's when shooting .45. Guess I am just not a polymer guy.

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast