Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Northampton (East Allen Township), Pennsylvania
    (Northampton County)

Default Re: New to county, seeking a good rifle range to use

Your timing was perfect. I think the club officers meet on the first Monday of each month, so they should approve your application tonight and your membership card should be available in a few weeks.

Unfortunately the weather isn't cooperating, so it might be a while before the snow melts away and the range is usable. I went to the range on Friday and the benches were still covered with snow. After this week, it looks like there's going to be a lot more snow on top of the stuff that was already there.

I can't wait for spring!!!

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by GaryS View Post
    Your timing was perfect. I think the club officers meet on the first Monday of each month, so they should approve your application tonight and your membership card should be available in a few weeks.

Unfortunately the weather isn't cooperating, so it might be a while before the snow melts away and the range is usable. I went to the range on Friday and the benches were still covered with snow. After this week, it looks like there's going to be a lot more snow on top of the stuff that was already there.

I can't wait for spring!!!
    I will second the can't wait til spring!

Is the club officers meeting open to all members, or is there a general meeting? I want to get more info. The two people I spoke with Sunday didn't have very many answers. Anxious to get out there and do some shooting!

(Northampton County)

I second if anyone has any info on tri-boro. I'm in bath and it's really close... Also what are the range rules for lappwinzo?

(Bucks County)

Not too far south is Ridge and Valley in Coopersburg. 25-50-100 yard rifle, pistol pit and trap. Right now there are plans for expansion.
    DISCOUNTS - Steel Target Paint: beaverje10 (10% off) | Wiland USA: jbeaver05 (5% off)

(Monroe County)

(Northampton County)

Is there anyone that is a member of east bath rod & gun or keystone rod & gun?

(Lehigh County)

I got to try out the range at Lappowinza today after picking up my key and card last weekend. Spent two hours there put a couple boxes of ammo through my 9mm and about a hundred of so rounds through each of my two 22 rifles. Had the range to myself.I had a blast. Guess the weather and opening of fishing season made it empty.
    Really glad I joined here. People I met so far are pretty cool.

(Franklin County)

Also a great organization is the Alburtis Rod and Gun club. Rifle range, pistol range, a place to fish that is stocked, and they bought an old farm a few years ago and they stock pheasants for the members. Also a club house that serves food and drink most days from 12:00 noon. 610-966-5733
    Last edited by Swamp Fox; March 29th, 2014 at 01:39 PM.
    Navy ⚓️ 1965–1969

Northampton (East Allen Township), Pennsylvania
    (Northampton County)

Most times you'll have the range to yourself, especially if you go on a weekday. I was just there about a week ago. Now that the weather's turning nicer and the snow is gone, I usually try to get there at least once every couple weeks. Maybe I'll run into you one day.

Gary

Quote Originally Posted by CowboyBob View Post
    I got to try out the range at Lappowinza today after picking up my key and card last weekend. Spent two hours there put a couple boxes of ammo through my 9mm and about a hundred of so rounds through each of my two 22 rifles. Had the range to myself.I had a blast. Guess the weather and opening of fishing season made it empty.
    Really glad I joined here. People I met so far are pretty cool.

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by GaryS View Post
    Most times you'll have the range to yourself, especially if you go on a weekday. I was just there about a week ago. Now that the weather's turning nicer and the snow is gone, I usually try to get there at least once every couple weeks. Maybe I'll run into you one day.

Gary
    Hopefully, I will usually try for Saturday mornings..... best time for me to do things without affecting the wife and kids activities.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12