Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Westmoreland County)

Default Which would you buy?

I am thinking about buying another 40S&W. I own a Glock 22 but want another range gun. Grabagun has the Taurus 740 for $289.32 and the S&W SD40VE for $306.15. Which is the better gun if either.

Default Re: Which would you buy?

I would buy the Taurus but if i's just a range gun either will do

try to find something better in that price range like the Ruger P95.

(Centre County)

I, personally, would buy neither of those guns. I've had two Taurus handguns, and sold each and won't be buying another Taurus product. Ever. The S&W isn't a bad gun, but honestly, your G22 will do everything the SD will. And probably better. I understand the lore of an inexpensive gun, but I think you would be better off buying more mags and ammo for the Glock you already have. Or taking a quality pistol class…..

If you need another inexpensive 40, may I recommend the Walther PPX? Quality shit from dem Germans for right at $400.

http://www.slickguns.com/product/wal...-free-shipping

Also, the S&W M&P40 is probably the softest shooting 40 out there…..
    Last edited by FLICK; October 26th, 2013 at 04:26 PM.

Smile Re: Which would you buy?

Out of the two,Definitley the S&W,I have a sigma for 8 years ,never a ftf,or fte,trigger is a lot of complaints but you learn to adapt for that price !

(Westmoreland County)

Not that I need another handgun, I own three 22s, one 380, four 9MM, one 38, one 357,one 40 S&W three 45acps, one 45LC and one 44Mag. I reload and cast bullets for all but the 22s, Just looking for another fun gun. I see a lot of these guns used for sale cheap. I was not sure if there was a problem with them or just the price and availability of 40 ammo that guys are selling them. I do like Rugers I would like to find another P-94, I have one in 9MM, be nice to get one in 40S&W as well.

Of the two, I think the Smith will be much easier to control in .40. That round just doesn't suit the smaller Taurus as well as it does the Smith, especially for the knocking around that you want to do with it.

The Taurus 24/7 G2 .40 cal is a full size, 15+1 handgun that is rated very high. I've owned 4 G2's in the past (all 9mm's) and they all were exceptional. These G2's are going for as low as $367 if you shop around. Make it between the G2 and the Smith and it's a no brainer...the G2.
    BCM and Glock...for a bigger pile of 'cold dead hands' brass.

(Montgomery County)

See if you can find one of the Walther P99's. I have them in 9 and 40 and the SW hybrid in 0.45 ACP. Try for one of the German in 40, not the one put together by S&W. Very accurate and fun to shoot with. Dave_n

(Westmoreland County)

I am not real concerned about the recoil, The bullet and load I shoot in my Glock 22 is a mild load of Win 231 with the RCBS 10MM-170 SWC. I put a lone wolf barrel on the Glock. The Glock factory barrel shot the cast ok. I just got tired of running all the brass threw the Redding G-RX die.

I was not too sure about the Taurus, I have read several complaints on the new Taurus’s on the forums, I may put a WTB add on here and see what’s out there in the way of cheaper 40 handguns. I know I don’t want a Hi-point. Good gun great price I just can’t get past the look and feel of them.

(Delaware County)

I have a couple 3rd gen S&W's which are good. Quality guns in the used market for 400 bucks.
    I love the smell of gunpowder in the morning.[

R.I.P......Murphy.

Why even buy another gun if you're not completely sure it's what you want? Keep looking/trying until you find something that you know you have to have.

Quote Originally Posted by hornady View Post
    I am not real concerned about the recoil, The bullet and load I shoot in my Glock 22 is a mild load of Win 231 with the RCBS 10MM-170 SWC. I put a lone wolf barrel on the Glock. The Glock factory barrel shot the cast ok. I just got tired of running all the brass threw the Redding G-RX die.

I was not too sure about the Taurus, I have read several complaints on the new Taurus’s on the forums, I may put a WTB add on here and see what’s out there in the way of cheaper 40 handguns. I know I don’t want a Hi-point. Good gun great price I just can’t get past the look and feel of them.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast