Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Delaware County)

Default Looking to take a class on Reloading

Does anyone know of a class on how to reload in SE PA ??? I would really like to learn how to.
    Don’t like me ???? Tough, I don’t give a flying f@@k about ya.

Default Re: Looking to take a class on Reloading

NRA Basic Metallic Cartridge Reloading Course is being offered in Easton on 11/22/2013.

For more details go to http://www.nrainstructors.org/searchcourse.aspx

The site allows you to search NRA courses by state or zip code.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by MT1 View Post
    NRA Basic Metallic Cartridge Reloading Course is being offered in Easton on 11/22/2013.

For more details go to http://www.nrainstructors.org/searchcourse.aspx

The site allows you to search NRA courses by state or zip code.
    Thank ya much.
    Don’t like me ???? Tough, I don’t give a flying f@@k about ya.

(Montgomery County)

Wicen's also has the NRA reloading course, but I'm not sure if they are holding another class this year.
    www.wicenshootingrange.com

(Tioga County)

Your going to need Reloading data book(s). I have several And compare them. Lee's precision reloading and the Sierra manuals have excellent sections on reloading. IF your going to reload your going to do a lot of reading. What equipment you need depends a lot on what and how much you reload. Way back when I go started, I bought a Lee turret press and I figured it would take around 2000 rounds to amortize my cost. I never did as I continued to buy more stuff. I have die sets for every chambering I own and reload my rifle stuff mostly for accuracy. You can at least double your accuracy with custom reloads.
    USNRET '61-'81

Chambersburg PA (Pure Appalachia), Pennsylvania
    (Franklin County)

Quote Originally Posted by rwilson452 View Post
    Your going to need Reloading data book(s). I have several And compare them. Lee's precision reloading and the Sierra manuals have excellent sections on reloading. IF your going to reload your going to do a lot of reading. What equipment you need depends a lot on what and how much you reload. Way back when I go started, I bought a Lee turret press and I figured it would take around 2000 rounds to amortize my cost. I never did as I continued to buy more stuff. I have die sets for every chambering I own and reload my rifle stuff mostly for accuracy. You can at least double your accuracy with custom reloads.

Above all, the Gold Standard of reloading is LYMAN's book. (I think 49th is the latest edition).

Flash
    "The life unexamined is not worth living." ....... Socrates

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by Aggies Coach View Post
    Does anyone know of a class on how to reload in SE PA ??? I would really like to learn how to.
    You are very close to Delco Shooting Supply on rt420 in Prospect Park. They have or use to have reloading classes in the evening. 484-494-7430
    I love the smell of gunpowder in the morning.[

R.I.P......Murphy.

FWIW, I never took a class (nor did I watch anyone reload) and just passed the 6000 mark this past week (loading 1 1/2 years). Everything I learned, I learned by watching videos, reading forums (1911 forums is excellent for their reloading section), or reading books. Ultimatereloader on youtube has some excellent instructional videos. I used them extensively before firing my first reloads. Not saying you shouldn't take a class, only that you don't need to.

If you get a progressive press, get the RCBS Lockout Die; nothing else comes close. Other "powder cop" dies may check the level but if you are not paying attention 100% of the time, a squib or double charge could get by. The RCBS Lockout Die locks the entire press so there is no room for error....still check though. And if loading for small primers and large primers, consider 2 RCBS Lockout Dies as the plastic feet are difficult to remove to switch over and can get boogered up in the process.

Also, do not listen to the people who claim you cannot begin on a progressive press. You can. I did. And I am not mechanical in any sense of the word.

I would also begin with a "forgiving" caliber/load such as 45 ACP as opposed to .308 win.
    Last edited by ShooterInPA1; October 26th, 2013 at 10:41 PM.
    The USA is now a banana republic. Only without the bananas....or the Republic.