Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    (Lehigh County)

Default Re: I shot a lame 8-point buck out of season

Like the state police, bald headed , sunglasses on their forehead, clothes so tight they squeak robocop! At least they think they are Robocops
    Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading.

(Centre County)

Thumbs down Re: I shot a lame 8-point buck out of season

A chance for the PGC (government) to make money/curtail the rights of a law-abiding citizen? You tell me what will happen.
    Hunting is NOT a 2nd Amendment Activity

(Lancaster County)

The GC was here for over 2 hours talking to me. He thanked me for being the most honest person he has talked to.

I had my license, map, pictures, phone log and rifle sitting here waiting for him.

He temporarly took my license because I never took a hunter education class. I will get it back when I take his class November 2nd.

He is checking the meat right now and will call me this evening to tell me if there will be any penalties. The meat wasn't processed only skinned. I called the butcher after talking to the GC yesterday to save everything he could for the the GC.

Sue me. I would of done the same thing. (probably sooner though).

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by RugerNiner View Post
    The GC was here for over 2 hours talking to me. He thanked me for being the most honest person he has talked to.

I had my license, map, pictures, phone log and rifle sitting here waiting for him.

He temporarly took my license because I never took a hunter education class. I will get it back when I take his class November 2nd.

He is checking the meat right now and will call me this evening to tell me if there will be any penalties. The meat wasn't processed only skinned. I called the butcher after talking to the GC yesterday to save everything he could for the the GC.

Quote Originally Posted by RugerNiner View Post

About 10 years ago Mrs. Plinker hit a deer right in front of our house. It was about 9:00 PM, and during hunting season. The deer survived the hit, but had two broken legs on one side of its body, and was lying in the road. Our house is an old one right up on the road, and directly across from it is a steep embankment. The road is like a cattle chute there, with a curve and a hill thrown in for more excitement.

I called the game warden twice, and got nothing but the answering service. I decided to shoot the deer come what may both to put it out of its misery, and to get it out of the road before someone else came along and wrecked their car hitting it again. I shot it twice in the head with a snub nosed .357 mag.

The following afternoon around 3:00 - 3:30 the game warden finally called me back. He screamed at me for a while over the phone, accusing me of shooting the deer and claiming my wife hit it, as if I would have reported something like that. I invited him to come over and see the two holes in the road and all the fur and broken plastic in Mrs. Plinker's Suburban. I then asked him how far away he thought I could be and still hit a deer twice in the head with a short barreled .357 mag - at night. The screaming diminished in volume after that, and after a little more for good form's sake he said, "Try not to do it again!" and hung up the phone.

Good for you for doing the right thing and putting that animal out of its misery. I am sure someone can come on here and complain about illegal activity, and the promotion thereof. There is a time when moral law is more important than the law that is written, and you followed that moral law.

Quote Originally Posted by Svickstc View Post
    You have been hunting w/o a hunters safety course and took this action? Wow, still did the right thing IMO, shocked he didnt slam you for that on top of this...
    A few years ago, you were able to obtain a hunting license without having taken the hunter safety course if you were 18 or older. I know it changed so that in order to obtain a new license, you must provide the card, but if someone continues to take in their old license and get a new one, they could potentially continue to get a hunting license without having the Hunter Safety Course.

Although.. I do suggest it for all hunters.

OP: Good on you for being humane. Hopefully the law comes out in your favor.

Quote Originally Posted by iShoot17 View Post
    A few years ago, you were able to obtain a hunting license without having taken the hunter safety course if you were 18 or older. I know it changed so that in order to obtain a new license, you must provide the card, but if someone continues to take in their old license and get a new one, they could potentially continue to get a hunting license without having the Hunter Safety Course.

Although.. I do suggest it for all hunters.

OP: Good on you for being humane. Hopefully the law comes out in your favor.
    Anyone born after 1959 has to have taken a hunters safety course to be issued a hunting license in PA. One has to sign a document stating they took the course. If no proof of course, a previous years license could be shown but the person requesting must still affirm under penalty they have a hunters safety course.

CL

(Monroe County)

You did the right thing, may no harm come of it.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast