Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: Walther PPQ M2

(Bucks County)

Default Walther PPQ M2

I just traded in a subcompact XD40 for this piece of art. I compared it to several other pistols including a HK something, S&W MP, and another full size XD. The trigger in this PPQ was better then every single one of those others. The ease and smoothness was 2nd to none. The shop owner even went so far as to remove his XD with a trigger job for me to compare. We both agreed that the PPQ was still a better feel. I have the middle back strap on it which is very comfortable as well as the feel from the dove tail. I also just noticed that the rear sight is adjustable and I also like the ambidextrous slide release levers. The only downfall so far is the lack of accessory option availability. The prices for things are in line with everything else out there. I picked of a spare mag(3 total now) for $33 and a Safariland OWB holster(the one with the release lever) for $55. They will be here Tuesday. Now I haven't shot this yet but I plan on going 1st thing tomorrow.
    Attached Images Attached Images

(Berks County)

Default Re: Walther PPQ M2

Congratulations. I spent an hour or so going through several striker fired guns last week and decided a PPK is going to be my new carry gun for the same reasons you mentioned. From the first touch, everything about it just felt right and as I compared others like XD, M&P, Glock, FN, I just kept coming back to the PPK. I have a Glock 30 and was planning on getting a 19, but that idea has faded in favor of the PPK. In fact, I'm getting rid of my 30 in favor of the PPK. I believe there are aftermarket night sights available, but that's a down the road thought. For me at least.

In another thread I asked for member opinions and a few gave very favorable input on the PPK.

If I can find one of these for under $600 bucks I am going to jump on it. What shop did you find yours at?

I have read the triggers on these things are sweet and light too, smooth as silk and just a tick forward for the reset.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Sheriff Gotcha View Post
    If I can find one of these for under $600 bucks I am going to jump on it. What shop did you find yours at?

I have read the triggers on these things are sweet and light too, smooth as silk and just a tick forward for the reset.
    I noticed that short reset trigger as well. Much shorter than a Glock. First time I cycled the PPQ I hardly noticed the trigger movement and did a double take.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Sheriff Gotcha View Post

I picked it up from ready aim fire on rt13. The trigger is a work of art as well as the sole releases. I'm extremely happy with it so far.

(Lancaster County)

I have been the proud owner of a p-38, p99, PPX, PPS, PPQ, PK380, PPK/S. PPQ trigger reset is the best I have ever owned. My carry is a PPS and it has just about as good a trigger reset as the PPQ...

(Dauphin County)

Quote Originally Posted by PowerPM View Post
    I have been the proud owner of a p-38, p99, PPX, PPS, PPQ, PK380, PPK/S. PPQ trigger reset is the best I have ever owned. My carry is a PPS and it has just about as good a trigger reset as the PPQ...
    My compact 9 Carry piece is also a PPS, an overall excellent firearm. I had a PPQ M1 and sold it because the trigger was too good, if that makes sense. I caught myself doing double taps on the range when I wasn't expecting to. With a lot more practice I'm sure it would've been much more controllable but I decided at the time to get rid of the gun. I'm a Walther collector and I do regret getting rid of it. About decided I need to pick up another one even if it stays in the safe.
    -gonzo, SoCenPA. "Before all else, be armed." --Niccolo Machiavelli
    http://forum.pafoa.org/feedback-109/...nzogeezer.html

(Montgomery County)

Head over to the PPQ section of the Walther forums to get the best information on accessories. (The standard adjustable sight is nice because it means you can replace the sight yourself with no special tools.)

I sold my PPQ M1 because I wanted something a bit more compact, but I will say it was just about the nicest polymer pistol I've had.