Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Default Who will protect you from the police?

It’s 3 a.m. You’ve been asleep for hours when suddenly you hear a loud “Crash! Bang! Boom!” Based on the yelling, shouting and mayhem, it sounds as if someone—or several someones—are breaking through your front door. With your heart racing and your stomach churning, all you can think about is keeping your family safe from the intruders who have invaded your home. You have mere seconds before the intruders make their way to your bedroom. Desperate to protect your loved ones, you scramble to lay hold of something—anything—that you might use in self-defense. It might be a flashlight, your son’s baseball bat, or that still unloaded gun you thought you’d never need. In a matter of seconds, the intruders are at your bedroom door. You brace for the confrontation, a shaky grip on your weapon. In the moments before you go down for the count, shot multiple times by the strangers who have invaded your home, you get a good look at your accosters. It’s the police.
    https://www.rutherford.org/publicati...ent_sanctioned
    “A Republic, if you can keep it.” - Benjamin Franklin

(Northampton County)

Default Re: Who will protect you from the police?

I think we've really gotten to the point where everybody needs to harden their houses against cops. They do it in parts of LA, I think everybody needs to. Cops don't knock, call, or leave notes anymore. They give you 10 seconds to decide whether or not to shoot or die when you are coming out of sleep. I'd like to have a little more time than that, perhaps a chance to look out a window or something.

They're fucking goons and death squads. I have zero respect for the people doing this stuff and hope they get what they deserve.

(Perry County)

Quote Originally Posted by ungawa View Post
    They're fucking goons and death squads. I have zero respect for the people doing this stuff and hope they get what they deserve.
    That's a ridiculous statement.

The use of tactical teams is excessive in my opinion. It's become very common to use them in any type of forced entry situation in many locations. None the less, like most police officers, most of those on tactical teams are dedicated professionals. I know many and have found them to encompass the range of personality types. They're also human and the unfortunate consequence of that is mistakes will be made. Unlike a mistake that causes a website to malfunction or someone not receiving the proper change at the checkout, their mistakes involve life and death. And bad apples to make it through the screening. They need to be removed when discovered.

I agree with hardening the target because if the cops can get in easily, so can the bad guys. There is untold benefit to having an extra couple of minutes to determine the threat and how to proceed.
    "A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself"

"He created the game, played the game, and lost the game.... All under his own terms, by his own doing." JW34

"Tolerance is the lube that helps slip the dildo of dysfunction into the ass of a civilized society." Plato

(Bucks County)

^^^I agree for the most part, its just these "humans" who make mistakes dont ge the same treatment and punishment as us "civilian humans" who would make the same mistake...

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by unclejumbo View Post
    That's a ridiculous statement.

The use of tactical teams is excessive in my opinion. It's become very common to use them in any type of forced entry situation in many locations. None the less, like most police officers, most of those on tactical teams are dedicated professionals. I know many and have found them to encompass the range of personality types. They're also human and the unfortunate consequence of that is mistakes will be made. Unlike a mistake that causes a website to malfunction or someone not receiving the proper change at the checkout, their mistakes involve life and death. And bad apples to make it through the screening. They need to be removed when discovered.

I agree with hardening the target because if the cops can get in easily, so can the bad guys. There is untold benefit to having an extra couple of minutes to determine the threat and how to proceed.
    The problem is, warrants are now being sworn out for even the flimsiest of evidence and then the cops get to go all tactical without even the slightest bit of investigation first.

Take a look at this story: http://forum.pafoa.org/national-11/2...like-meth.html

They got a warrant for a raid based upon a smell, apparently no other investigation was done. Got an enemy you want eliminated? Go pour acetone around their place and then report that their dog barks all the time.
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

For the love of god guys, get the right damn house!
    In order to get intelligent answers you must speak intelligently.

(Cumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by ungawa View Post
    I think we've really gotten to the point where everybody needs to harden their houses against cops. They do it in parts of LA, I think everybody needs to. Cops don't knock, call, or leave notes anymore. They give you 10 seconds to decide whether or not to shoot or die when you are coming out of sleep. I'd like to have a little more time than that, perhaps a chance to look out a window or something.

We hear quite often about cops entering the wrong house and shooting/killing innocent people who think their house is being broken into by criminals. The response from the PD is along the lines of "sorry, we fucked up", and you have little legal recourse. BUT, if you shoot a LEO while defending your house thinking they are criminals invading your house at 01:00, you're looking at murder charges. WTF!!!!!

Their reason for the fuck up usually contains "it was dark".

If that is the common part of the problem, the simple solution is to remove the lack of light from the equation - END THE PRACTICE OF SERVING NO-KNOCK WARRANTS AT NIGHT.

Is this not a blatant violation of 4A? Where is SCOTUS on this issue?
    Soap Box - Worn out : Ballot Box - Broken : Jury Box - Pending : Ammunition Box - Unknown

(Perry County)

Quote Originally Posted by Svickstc View Post
    ^^^I agree for the most part, its just these "humans" who make mistakes dont ge the same treatment and punishment as us "civilian humans" who would make the same mistake...
    I agree with you. The bottom line is that manslaughter is manslaughter. If your actions rise to that level, a badge should make no difference.
    "A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself"

"He created the game, played the game, and lost the game.... All under his own terms, by his own doing." JW34

"Tolerance is the lube that helps slip the dildo of dysfunction into the ass of a civilized society." Plato

(Perry County)

Reforms are desperately needed. There is a lack of balance between what is truly exigent circumstances, like a school shooter and what needs more oversight, like drug warrants.

a good portion of these guys are goons and so are their superiors.

these things will get worse before they are better because as long as it doesnt happen to them, sheeple think it is all in the name of safety.
    Montani Semper Liberi

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast