Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: Travelling in Erie area

We made it down in March. Man I love PA. You guys have it right down there. We really enjoyed Erie and will be back yearly I would imagine. It ended up being a shopping trip, we went to Grove City, but I don't think either of us would do it again. The only gun shop I got to was the Gander Mountain in Erie. We are heading to a lacrosse tourney in Hershey this year and I can't wait to get back down there. Cabela's, Lancaster archery supply, Gander Mountain....I may not make it back to Canada!!

Quote Originally Posted by verno View Post
    We made it down in March. Man I love PA. You guys have it right down there. We really enjoyed Erie and will be back yearly I would imagine. It ended up being a shopping trip, we went to Grove City, but I don't think either of us would do it again. The only gun shop I got to was the Gander Mountain in Erie. We are heading to a lacrosse tourney in Hershey this year and I can't wait to get back down there. Cabela's, Lancaster archery supply, Gander Mountain....I may not make it back to Canada!!
    Grice's in Clearfield after your Hershey visit would be worth it just to see a large amount of firearms.
    Jules

(Erie County)

Funny, he thought Gander Mountain was great!!!!
    Grices or even Mauers, completely BLOW AWAY Gndr Mtn!!!!!!
    Mauers is just a slight detour from Grove city.
    The most dangerous place in America is a "gun free" zone.

(Venango County)

Quote Originally Posted by Truckman View Post
    Maurer's Trading Post is running an inventory reduction sale. Everything is on sale. 5% discount on ammo, 10% on guns and accessories. Some items might even be more. This doesn't include special advertisements or mailed circulars that go out weekly which adds to the sales discount for specific items.

They are not going out of business but are overstocked.
    It is you. You have all the weapons that you need. Now fight. --Sucker Punch

Quote Originally Posted by Truckman View Post
    The guy at gun counter was great. Talked to me for about half an hour about your rules and regs down there PA vs NY vs ONT laws. Let me fondle a couple guns knowing full well I wasn't buying one. He didn't treat me like a knob when I asked if he had to see my gun license either. And there was tannerite targets on the shelf!! That's verboten up here, though a couple of them may have made the trip back....
    Remember I live in a place where I can't walk into a store and read boxes of ammo, I have to wait for the guy behind the counter and then he will hand me any ammo I want to look at, after a document check of course. And prices are irrelevant because I can't buy anything down there. I think we are going to stop at Grice's on our way through.
    Hey what's the real speed limit down there? We went through speed traps at 75 mph going with the flow of traffic and the officer didn't seem to even blink. Up here if the speed limit is 100 KM/H you can do 125 and they wont usually stop you.

(Erie County)

Quote Originally Posted by verno View Post
    The guy at gun counter was great. Talked to me for about half an hour about your rules and regs down there PA vs NY vs ONT laws. Let me fondle a couple guns knowing full well I wasn't buying one. He didn't treat me like a knob when I asked if he had to see my gun license either. And there was tannerite targets on the shelf!! That's verboten up here, though a couple of them may have made the trip back....
    Remember I live in a place where I can't walk into a store and read boxes of ammo, I have to wait for the guy behind the counter and then he will hand me any ammo I want to look at, after a document check of course. And prices are irrelevant because I can't buy anything down there. I think we are going to stop at Grice's on our way through.
    Hey what's the real speed limit down there? We went through speed traps at 75 mph going with the flow of traffic and the officer didn't seem to even blink. Up here if the speed limit is 100 KM/H you can do 125 and they wont usually stop you.
    I guess we are kind of jaded, although we are slowly becoming like Canada, about guns, via our out of control Communist gov't.
    "Real" speed limit is about 10 over posted on the interstate, unless it's one of the "crackdown" days. Just run with the traffic flow, and don't make rapid lane changes or tailgate.
    The most dangerous place in America is a "gun free" zone.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123