Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast

Default Come attend Dickson City Council meeting Tuesday, 13 May, 7PM!

NATO doctrine in effect - an attack on one Pennsylvania gun owner is an attack on all gun owners in the Commonwealth!

You have likely already read about the Dickson City police harassment and arrest of folks with kids eating at a restaurant, and gun confiscation, last Friday night at http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/edit_post.php?id=171938.

And now its time for gun owners to act and attend the Dickson City Council meeting and support those speaking to the Council on this matter.

Tentative Timeline:

5:30-6 PM (OPTIONAL) - Meet up for dinner or beverage at the scene of Friday's police abuse - Charlie Brown's, 941 Viewmont Drive, Dickson City, PA.

6:30-6:45 PM - Meet up outside the Dickson City Borough Building, 801-805 Boulevard Avenue, Dickson City, PA 18519. See more at http://dicksoncityborough.org/index.jsp?tabId=47&id=47.

6:45 PM - Enter the council chambers and be seated/sign up to speak (optional).

TBD - Depart chambers, meet up for short discussion outside, and perhaps to nearby restaurant for fellowship.

Admin Notes: We will know more about what rules for public comment are in effect Monday AM, so stay tuned. But if you feel like speaking, consider preparing only 2-3 talking points lasting at most 2 minutes - cool, calm, dispationate points only, please.

Gun Carry: I expect to attend the council meeting and will be openly carrying a handgun; I also will not be carrying any wallet or identification ("sterile carry") as none is required in Pennsylvania while openly carrying handguns on foot; further, my handgun was not transferred to me by a Pennsylvania gun dealer and so the gun is not listed in the State Police handgun transfer database. But that's just me - I have heard some other folks will be open carrying, but I'm not suggesting anybody carry a gun who does not normally do so or want to - or to carry openly if that's not your thing.

And bring your families! A lot of kids have never attended a public council meeting, let alone one where folks stand up to be counted and demand that elected officials get their police force under control.

Stay Tuned to this thread as the situation is fluid and fast changing!
    Last edited by gnbrotz; May 13th, 2008 at 04:46 PM.

(Mifflin County)

Default Re: Come attend Dickson City Council meeting Tuesday, 13 May, 7PM!

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    NATO doctrine in effect - an attack on one Pennsylvania gun owner is an attack on all gun owners in the Commonwealth!

You have likely already read about the Dickson City police harassment and arrest of folks with kids eating at a restaurant, and gun confiscation, last Friday night at http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/edit_post.php?id=171938.

And now its time for gun owners to act and attend the Dickson City Council meeting and support those speaking to the Council on this matter.

Tentative Timeline:

5:30-6 PM (OPTIONAL) - Meet up for dinner or beverage at the scene of Friday's police abuse - The Old Country Buffet at 500 Commerce Blvd., Dickson City, PA 18519.

6:30-6:45 PM - Meet up outside the Dickson City Borough Building, 801-805 Boulevard Avenue, Dickson City, PA 18519. See more at http://dicksoncityborough.org/index.jsp?tabId=47&id=47.

6:45 PM - Enter the council chambers and be seated/sign up to speak (optional).

TBD - Depart chambers, meet up for short discussion outside, and perhaps to nearby restaurant for fellowship.

Admin Notes: We will know more about what rules for public comment are in effect Monday AM, so stay tuned. But if you feel like speaking, consider preparing only 2-3 talking points lasting at most 2 minutes - cool, calm, dispationate points only, please.

Gun Carry: I expect to attend the council meeting and will be openly carrying a handgun; I also will not be carrying any wallet or identification ("sterile carry") as none is required in Pennsylvania while openly carrying handguns on foot; further, my handgun was not transferred to me by a Pennsylvania gun dealer and so the gun is not listed in the State Police handgun transfer database. But that's just me - I have heard some other folks will be open carrying, but I'm not suggesting anybody carry a gun who does not normally do so or want to - or to carry openly if that's not your thing.

And bring your families! A lot of kids have never attended a public council meeting, let alone one where folks stand up to be counted and demand that elected officials get their police force under control.

Stay Tuned to this thread as the situation is fluid and fast changing!
    I would not sterile carry as you are probably going to have to drive from point a to point b
    Audaces fortuna juvat

(Mifflin County)

Now I would leave all ID in the car though
    Audaces fortuna juvat

Quote Originally Posted by Bmaninmifco View Post
    Now I would leave all ID in the car though
    That's my plan!

(Mifflin County)

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    That's my plan!
    Alright just don't want the DCPD to have a reason to screw with anyone beyond what they already have done.
    Audaces fortuna juvat

(Luzerne County)

Reminder to everyone this is a tentative thing at this point.

I need to speak with council, among other things tomorrow... Also, we need to discuss with the people that were affected to see their thoughts on speaking to City Council.

Edited because it's a go.
    Last edited by Pa. Patriot; May 12th, 2008 at 07:38 PM.

Smile Re: Come attend Dickson City Council meeting Tuesday, 13 May, 7PM!

Quote Originally Posted by Pa. Patriot View Post
    Reminder to everyone this is a tentative thing at this point.

I need to speak with council, among other things tomorrow... Also, we need to discuss with the people that were affected to see their thoughts on speaking to City Council.
    Rich meant to say "counsel."

I will call the Boro manager tomorrow and find out the particulars about speaking sign up etc. Based upon what counsel advises the directly affected parties, and other information, we will finalize the details - I have done this a lot in Virginia with VCDL - if pro-gun people just go and show some modest support for 2-3 speakers speaking for 2-3 minutes each as concerned for their respective fellow citizens, members of their internet communities, etc., we win big time. it will help if at least one person who actually was victimized by police in some way speaks; it will will also help if at least one concerned resident of Dickson boro speaks. other than that, it's just a way to show the flag, make a point, etc. And it works.

(Allegheny County)

As this is all tentative, put me down as a tentative attendee

Screw the 6 hour drive!

Interesting - a link from PA AG's office about an arrest of a former Dickson City Police officer: http://www.attorneygeneral.gov/press.aspx?id=2667

Mike, et. al.

If this gets organized, I will be there. I am hoping to bring some family, but that is dependent on their getting out of some previous commitments. but I will be there. With my gun. And I will speak. I am used to speaking in public venues.

Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast