Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What a shame...

Default Re: What a shame...

Quote Originally Posted by dwalk View Post
    Yesterday morning was probably the nicest one for hunting we've had so far all year, and I would have liked to been out there, but I have other obligations on Sunday and God and my family time will always come before my want to get out into the woods.

Besides, my wife would kill me if I went hunting all day on Sundays, too.
    I fully support Sunday hunting and have donated to HUSH for their case.

Yesterday my wife was planning my time with someone on the phone... "Well, he hunts most Saturdays this time of year, but Sundays are free" or something to that effect. Ruh roh!!!!! Going to be a bummer when we get to hunt Sundays here in PA!

In all seriousness, I think it will allow flexibility. We all know our responsibilities and priorities.

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: What a shame...

I know this has been gone over billions of times in the past.

It's my opinion that game lands should be open to hunting on Sunday as well as private property with owners permission of course. You either allow it or you don't. That should be up to the individual land owner.

State Parks can do as they please and allow it or dis-allow it.

We pay for the game lands. Why do we have to cater to the "if I want to hike without getting shot at nonsense"

My buddy works 6 days/week most weeks. It's hard for him to even get a few hours in the woods every year let alone a full day. Sundays would be a huge plus for him. I'm sure he's not the only one either.

I know if there was hunting on Sundays my dad would get into it more. He's another one who works 6/days week. My Brother-in-law is the same. Have to work that much to get by. The ability to put extra food on the table would be a huge bonus. Now he doesn't have the time to get into the woods.

Deer seasons will still be regulated as they are now. You still only get one buck. If you get it on a M-F a Saturday or a Sunday what does it matter? Antlerless harvest can be controlled through tag sales.

Small game is small game.

I for one would like to see Sunday hunting.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12