Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Cumberland County)

Default CZ 75 Compact Custom

Saw this and started to drewl But, is it worth $1,000? I can't justify it despite how purdy it is. It says "custom shop" includes custom tuned action, narrowed shadow hammer, ss guiderod, nightsites, checkered coco-bolo grips, polished barrel hood, etc, etc.. But $ 1,000 ????

"Tastefully Pimptastic"

(Chester County)

Default Re: CZ 75 Compact Custom

Only you can decide if that pistol is worth the $1K price tag. I've owned, and still own CZ pistols for years, and have been very happy with the stock models, especially after the trigger breaks in. If it were me, I'd get a stock P-01 for almost have that price, then if needed install some Cajun Gun Works trigger parts or have a gunsmith do some trigger work.
    Last edited by Pilot321; October 21st, 2013 at 02:08 AM.

(Elk County)

Pretty, but definitely NOT $1000 pretty.

Frankly I cannot get past the huge bulky dustcover on those CZ models, pretty or not.

Noah
    Wisdom and knowledge shall be the stability of thy times.

(York County)

I hear an echo.
    By failing to prepare, you are preparing to fail. Benjamin Franklin

(Northampton County)

Tuned Compact L?
    Worth $1000?
    Yes. Although I'd want the FPB removed and converted to SAO with flat trigger.

(Northampton County)

I own 2 models from the custom shop a an $1800.00 Cz 75 shadow carry model with the short reset trigger system and a Cz 75 ProTek decocker carry pistol was $1350.00 when I bought it about 3 years ago-now $1550.00 to get one.. While both pistols are excellent shooters and from a ransom rest the Accu-Shadow can shoot groups under 2 inches at 50 yards after about the $700.00 dollar range it becomes hard for me to justify any pistol price. The reason is that quite frankly for self defense or IDPA stlye shooting I can get the same results with my daily carry piece which is a Sar B6P compact that cost $292.00 plus an extra $54.00 for two extra mags. If you can afford it buy you will not be sorry with the perfomance. I am actually considering the new Shadow line 75 compact for my collection. If you want to save some money pliot's idea for a base model with some Cajun Gun Works trigger parts and sights won't disappoint you either. I have a $350 Canik SHark Compact built up by me using parts from both Dave at Cajun and CZ Custom shop that is on par with my $1350.00 dollar ProTek CZ. Currently I am waiting for the Canik / Tristar P120 series pistols to reach the Us markets-CZ SPO1 clone- to build up with the 2 custom Hammer / Short Reset Trigger kits that I just got from Dave at Cajun. If you want the Cz and can afford the grand do it.
    www.EastonFirearmsRefinishing.com Owner/Operator, NRA Pistol Instructor

(Cumberland County)

Guess I'll stick with my $289 CZ clone for now - lol:

May even grab another model Canik for $350 :

"Tastefully Pimptastic"

(Elk County)

The Tristar C100 is beautiful. Just as pretty as the CZ in the thread starter, only more so because there's no bulbous dust cover.

Noah
    Wisdom and knowledge shall be the stability of thy times.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by Noah_Zark View Post
    The Tristar C100 is beautiful. Just as pretty as the CZ in the thread starter, only more so because there's no bulbous dust cover.

Noah
    My daily carry is the CZ-75D PCR without the railed dust cover that most newer pistols seem to have. I bought it in 2000. They are a lightweight, alloy framed compact model. Tristar/Canik offers one with a safety instead of decocker that looks like a nice pistol.

CZ PCR

Last edited by Pilot321; October 21st, 2013 at 02:16 AM.

(Northampton County)

Some very nice pistols posted here. Another thing to take note of even the Cz custom shop has done several custom caniks now. They have come to understand that that the Turks have put out a good entry level pistol and with some tweaking and upgrades you can get the same results that you would get out of a much higher end pistol. My Canik Shark compact was one of the first guns that Dave at Cajun Guns works got to play with to design his canik trigger parts line with. We sacrificed safety function in double action mode to achieve an incredibly light trigger that has produced quarter sized groups standing shooting with two hands out to 15 yards. This gun is on par with my Accu- Shadow which cost me $1800. I spent a total of about $1200 to build the custom canik shark which breaks down as follows gun cost $419 got it when they first came out,cost now about $359.00 ,about $400 for the proto type trigger parts cost now about $200.00 with and adjustable sear cage so you don't sacrifice safety function, VZ G10 grips designed to fit Cz pistols, Slide milling to reduce weight, upgraded the sights and made a custom fiber optic front because you can't buy anything for this one, and some cerakote for the milled slide. The Canik finish-black is actually very hard and durable so I left the frame finish alone. My point being as pilot pointed out if you have some basic skills and are not afraid of working on your pistol you could buy an entry level PO1 or Cz 75 compact and build it up yourself using Dave's- Cajun products or CZ custom shop parts -I use parts from both shops all the time- and build yourself a nice custom pistol for less. If you use a canik shark for your base gun you will save even more money, but remember ther are no front sight option for this yet. I carefully drilled out the front site and made it fiber optic after removing it and placing it in my vise between two small blocks of wood. The rear sight is a CZ 75 Tactical rear from CZ custom shop. Now my custom is not designed for carry the trigger is insanely light about 2.5 lbs it produces one hell of a group. Armor Snail has pulled the trigger on this one- he knows how ridiculously light this trigger is. Again if you have the money buy the Cz although you might want to consider the Shadow Line compact instead. The one that you are looking at does not appear to have the competition hammer -looks like you are paying for a base pistol with coco bolo wood grips -which I like- standard style hammer. For me I would spend a tad more and buy the Shadow line compact which has ambi safety and fiber optic front sight with the competition hammer and tweaked internals.I like decockers .but I am just as fast with the safety and I don't have to put as much focus on that first shot if its not double action.
    www.EastonFirearmsRefinishing.com Owner/Operator, NRA Pistol Instructor

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast