Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Mifflin County)

Default OC in State College

Well, today was Mother's Day, and my wife, brother, father and I were taking Mom to Texas Roadhouse in State College for lunch, since that's where she wanted to go. I was originally planning on CCing, just because I didn't know how the restaurant was about OC and I didn't want to risk ruining lunch for Mom.

After the incident in Dickson City, I decided that I would OC afterall. We've gotta stand together for each other, right? I carried my 4" XD in a BlackHawk Serpa holster. Expecting the place to be busy, my brother called ahead for seating. When my wife and I arrived, I didn't see sign of the rest of the family being there yet, so I went to the hostess stand to check, and they hadn't showed up yet. We'd have to wait for everyone to show up before they'd seat any of us. The rest showed up a few minutes later, and Dad and I still ended up standing a few feet away from the hostess stand for a good 15 minutes waiting for them to call our number to seat us, while my wife, brother and Mom waited just outside the doors where it wasn't as crowded. We eventually got seated and the meal was good. No customers or employee's even commented about the XD, and no cops were called.

After eating, my wife and I headed across town to Giant to do some grocery shopping before we headed back home. Spent a decent amount of time in the grocery store as well, with the same result. No comments or cops. It was a good day for OC in State College.

(Centre County)

Default Re: OC in State College

It's always a good day to OC in State College
    Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    Buy a silencer.

Tax: $200
    Cost of effective 5.56 suppressor: $500
    Letting the elderly neighbors sleep in until morning: Priceless.

"132 and Bush I've got him at gun point, OK gun point, 132 and bush, cover is code 3"

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]