Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    (Lehigh County)

Default Re: complete idiot on angle shooting

I missed a great buck one time and when I miss sometimes it makes me sick and I want to throw the weapon out of the tree stand. I haven't done that yet but, I get right back up and do it again the next week. It reminds me of a song!!

Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading.

(Lehigh County)

Hey Recon you been quiet on the board on your hunts whats up? Hows the season going?
    Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading.

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by A-5 View Post
    Hey Recon you been quiet on the board on your hunts whats up? Hows the season going?
    On the Early Season Doe opener.... I saw nothing but bucks. (story of my life... It could be raining boobs and I'd get hit in the head with a dick)

I've been quiet on the boards (I've been lurking though) for a multitude of reasons...mostly because my son (my primary hunting/fishing partner) decided he went to go live with his birth mother and I haven't been very "social" since he left in July.

I may have just lost one of my prime archery hunting areas.... I was hunting with my neighbor at a property he got permission for us to hunt on the Muzzle loader opener.... He got impatient and took a head shot on a doe with his muzzle loader and blew her face off.... My hunt was interrupted to try and help him recover his deer (which we never found). When we got back to the trucks, I couldn't hold my tongue anymore.... I told him just how unethical and monumentally fucking stupid he was for taking that shot. We had some "words" and I don't think I'll be invited back there.

My other hunting property (my dads farm) is tough for archery because the woods are very small compared to the cultivated land and present deer at ranges more suitable to rifle hunting.
    When you are called a racist, it just means you won an argument with an Obama supporter.

(Lehigh County)

Keep your chin up bud, I'll send some prayers your way. As far as the farm archery rut you don't need the perfect spot. You can call them in once you spot them. Try it good luck.

(Montgomery County)

I missed the same doe twice in 10 minutes if it makes you feel any better.

2 weeks later I got a nice deer. It happens.

(Bucks County)

I was feeling sorry for myself, bad week. I'll be out again. I'm putting my stand up in the yard, and will try to figure out what I did wrong. I was compensating, but not correctly.

It was cool to watch the doe jump a few feet in the air, but then didn't run off. Just walked off. It's a good spot, I know where to be, and time of day.

(Lehigh County)

Get a inline and literally pop a cap on her!

(Montgomery County)

[QUOTE=ReconLdr;2537427]On the Early Season Doe opener.... I saw nothing but bucks. (story of my life... It could be raining boobs and I'd get hit in the head with a dick)]

LMFAO!!! I'm crying!!!!

(Montgomery County)

To the OP...I use a crossbow as well. What type of sight are you using? Red dot or scope? How are you sighting in your target?

I just take my target out into a field, measure myself out 25 yards, sit on the ground and center in my crosswbow at 25 yards. I shoot from a sitting position with angle shots all the time. Maybe you are rushing the shot too much?? I know I nearly crap my pants every time I see I deer so I have to remember to take deep breaths and dry my panties a bit before I take the shot.

(York County)

To the OP: The only people who aren't missing are the ones that don't shoot. It can become a phobia, I lived it. I had a couple of misses when I first started hunting, but it didn't stop me from going, I loved it so much, it just stopped me from shooting. I was waiting for the perfect, Field and Stream shot, and it usually isn't like that.

I started hunting walking with my dad at age 10 or so, (probably the dog he never had). With a gun at age 12, and finally got my first deer (doe) at age 21. That's NOT a misprint! After that, the floodgates opened and it seemed so much "easier". I've had sweet kills and I've had ugly ones too. We all have. Don't give up. Remain true to the sport. Be honest and ethical, and keep trying. You can only do YOUR best. It isn't a contest, contrary to popular belief. You are living your story, no one elses. If you don't like where you are, work to get better. No one said it was going to be easy.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast