Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Philadelphia County)

Default HK USP Tactical trigger reset in single action

Hey guys,

Can anybody with a HK USP Tactical help me out? After I dry fire the gun in single action and keep holding the trigger down the hammer doesn't catch on the sear when I bring the hammer back. However if I cycle the slide manually instead of bringing back the hammer, the hammer stays back. Also in order for the trigger to reset I need to let it go until I hear 2 clicks. Is this normal?

Default Re: HK USP Tactical trigger reset in single action

Quote Originally Posted by TheLom View Post
    Hey guys,

Can anybody with a HK USP Tactical help me out? After I dry fire the gun in single action and keep holding the trigger down the hammer doesn't catch on the sear when I bring the hammer back. However if I cycle the slide manually instead of bringing back the hammer, the hammer stays back. Also in order for the trigger to reset I need to let it go until I hear 2 clicks. Is this normal?
    It is normal and does the exact same thing on my Elite. When you cycle the slide, it resets the disconnector, even if you keep holding the trigger down. Just pulling the hammer back after a dry fire with no cycle of the slide does nothing with the disconnector (the gap filler between the sear and trigger), so there is no way the sear will engage the hammer. The disco has to reset for this to happen.

As far as the double click; that's curious. If it was a 1911, we could figure it out relatively quickly. Since they are two different beasts, it really needs eyes on it. There is not supposed to be a double click, so something, somewhere is tagging something else that it isn't supposed to. It's fairly safe to assume it doesn't reset until the second click? There is some info out there with this possibly being a 'false reset' that HK is addressing. I don't want to try to sound smarter than I'm not, so here is link: http://www.hkpro.com/forum/hk-handgu...-issue-10.html
    Last edited by harold63; October 19th, 2013 at 10:52 AM. Reason: misspell
    BCM and Glock...for a bigger pile of 'cold dead hands' brass.

(Chester County)

I've got one, and find you need to be careful where you set the adjustment on the trigger.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by 300WM View Post
    It is normal and does the exact same thing on my Elite. When you cycle the slide, it resets the disconnector, even if you keep holding the trigger down. Just pulling the hammer back after a dry fire with no cycle of the slide does nothing with the disconnector (the gap filler between the sear and trigger), so there is no way the sear will engage the hammer. The disco has to reset for this to happen.

As far as the double click; that's curious. If it was a 1911, we could figure it out relatively quickly. Since they are two different beasts, it really needs eyes on it. There is not supposed to be a double click, so something, somewhere is tagging something else that it isn't supposed to. It's fairly safe to assume it doesn't reset until the second click? There is some info out there with this possibly being a 'false reset' that HK is addressing. I don't want to try to sound smarter than I'm not, so here is link: http://www.hkpro.com/forum/hk-handgu...-issue-10.html
    Yup I believe that's it! Thanks for the help! I really appreciate it!

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by TheLom View Post
    Hey guys,

The double click is very normal. The first click is what's referred to as the "false reset" on the HK boards. It's not as audible as the real reset.

(Bucks County)

The reset is very noticeable. The "false" reset is more like a squeak in some of my tacticals.