Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    (Wayne County)

Default ticks ticks and more ticks

Are any of you bow hunters having a problem with ticks? I have a golden retriever light in color and everytime I let him out I have to pick ticks off him. Really nasty this year or just the warm weather? Thanks .

(Lawrence County)

Default Re: ticks ticks and more ticks

Permethrin. I don't go into the woods without it. I've seen more ticks in the past three years than in my entire life.

Lycanyuckthrope

I taught Chuck Norris to bump-fire.

(Tioga County)

It's been a bad year, worst I have seen that I can recall. I've even had them jump me in the car, where they came from I have no idea. Bugs in general have been bad. I was out bike riding today and had flies biting the hell out of me. I'm ready for some hard freezes to kill all these little bastards.

(Bucks County)

I understand from a dog trainer at our gun club that SE Penna and New Jersey
    are at record-breaking infestations. He mentioned a chemical he learned of in NJ and hasn't had a tick on him for 30 years. I forget what he said it is.

(Luzerne County)

I have found just the opposite for me, they are no where near as bad. One place where I hunt in the 5 minutes it takes to walk to my stand normally I would have 20-30 on me, I have yet to see one.
    Quote Originally Posted by mikelets456 View Post
    ...there are the true Americans that believe man can govern him/her self. They believe that ingenuity, integrity, hard work, morals and values have merit. That the government is accountable to the people and not the other way around.

(Lehigh County)

Not so bad, I have hunted bucks and lehigh counties not one on us.
    Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading.

(Delaware County)

Crazy bugs this year. And my golden has gotten many ticks, she's not quite two yet, so I don't have a big sample size to go on.

I also go to New Jersey Motorsports Park a lot and this year has been crazy with flies. Like, blackening the floor of my trailer with PILES of them. I've never seen anything like it. I am bringing my leaf blower next time to get them out of the cab of my truck. c-r-a-z-y. Pray for frost.

(Centre County)

Removed over a 100 total from my wife, 3 labs and I on Sunday. We only walked a mile on a grassy fire road in Rothrock forest in Centre county. Soon as I saw a bunch on the yellow lab we turned around. We generally tie permitheoron? sprayed bandanas around the dogs necks and spray our jeans and shirts. We did not do that on Sunday because they were not an issue on the recent walks. Ticks have been insane for 4 years here. I don't know how critters survive in the woods with all the lyme.

(Luzerne County)

Im gonna agree with lycanthrope. This past 3 years i have never seen soo many ticks.Last year was the worst that ive ever seen.I just got home from the woods about an hour ago and had 5 bigger ones on me. Last year they seemed to be smaller but many more.

(Lawrence County)

I really think it's a weather or food issue with the ticks. Maybe a rise/fall in the rodent population.

I've noticed that in most areas there are normal amounts....meaning you can tromp around and work pretty hard to pick up 1-2. Then....BAM....you have this weird explosion for a couple years and...on top of that...they are REALLY aggressive. I've stood in one piece of field had them coming at me across the ground from ALL OVER. I sat at the base of a tree in spring turkey and thought I heard rainfall....and it was ticks dropping from the surrounding trees to come at me.

PERMETHRIN.

Lycanlivebyitthrope

I taught Chuck Norris to bump-fire.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast