Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    (Chester County)

Default Anyone every win a gun?

So, I've been seeing (and entering) a lot of gun giveaways. Either raffle, Instagram, gun clubs, etc...I've never won and never knew anyone who has won.

Just wondering if anyone here has ever won or knows someone who has won a firearm (and how they did)...

(Pike County)

Default Re: Anyone every win a gun?

I have won 2 times in two raffles.
    1st was a in line black powder rifle. Took the cash value instead, not into the new black powder/pyrodex pellet stuff.
    2nd was a real nice CMP M1 Garand with all the fixins...Sling, bayo, cleaning kit , certificate from CMP, case a repo ammo belt, A few enblocks and 250 rounds LC ammo.

Buying a few tickets tomorrow for another M1 Garand raffle.

(Susquehanna County)

Recalling back several years.

I believe it was the Laceyville Volunteer Fire Dept. who used to run a "gun a month" subscription raffle. They used my friend Bill at Stony Point Guns in Camptown as one of their two dealers. They were absolutely scrupulous about awarding the firearms!

IIRC the subscription involved the purchase of a calendar $26(?) and the firearm and drawing date was listed on the calendar.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities".

(Columbia County)

I heard a report that often times after the NRA sends out mailers for fundraising, recruiting new members, and raffle contest, some members as a joke, will send the enrollment/entry forms back with the name and information of a well-known anti-gunner on it. With that in mind I wonder how many guns Sarah Brady won via the NRA gun-giveaways.

(Northampton County)

Ive never won a gun, but I won a cool flashlight from one of those Facebook giveaways
    You may find me dead in a ditch one day. But by God, I'll be lying in a pile of brass.

A family friend here won on a field and streams contest, $10,000 safari trip to south Africa, rifle and a Nikon camera to take pictures..
    Skeet is a sport where you are better to hit half of each bird then completely blast one and miss the other completely.

The choice is yours, place your faith in the court system and 12 of your peers, or carried away by 6 friends.

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit. 'Nobody provokes me with impunity'
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig.
    Clint Eastwood
    The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

(Bucks County)

No, damn it!

(Lackawanna County)

Yes once. A savage axis in 270

(Bucks County)

A G19 from Warner's in Tannersville, in a raffle they had many years ago. It's still the only thing I ever won worth more than $10.

(Lehigh County)

Cool Re: Anyone every win a gun?

Yes, I have won, actually twice in one week on a daily number based ticket many years ago. The dealer handling the prizes let me combine value and get a totally different gun that he had on the shelf. We both were happy with that.

I look at it as a donation to a good cause, usually volunteer fire and ambulance companies and the like. Then sportsmen's clubs and other charities I know others who have won as well. Of course 30+ years of playing helps the odds.

I happen to have one of those gun calendars upstairs right now. Still two months to go this year, I may win yet!! My philosophy is if you don't expect to win you shouldn't be playing. Its all my grandmothers fault, damn she was lucky!

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast