Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910
    (Cambria County)

Default Re: ACT 235 certification

Quote Originally Posted by Pointman73 View Post
    The exams are quick, you could actually get both done in one day. It all depends on the Doctors.

Think hard before you get into armed security, the pay is low and the standards are even lower. Many of these companies are unprofessional and only care about the billing rate and a warm body that does not get into trouble.

If you find a company that actually cares, that would be great.
    Yep. Security exists on an infinite continuum, and can be very arbitrary. It is important to work with an organization that has strong, and clearly defined values. The definition of security can shift, but good values do not.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Pointman73 View Post
    The exams are quick, you could actually get both done in one day. It all depends on the Doctors.

Think hard before you get into armed security, the pay is low and the standards are even lower. Many of these companies are unprofessional and only care about the billing rate and a warm body that does not get into trouble.

If you find a company that actually cares, that would be great.
    Thank you my brother I took the exams at Spag,it was kind of a weird process,but worked out later I thought.The Physical was good and smooth the Dr was alright.The psych exam was long and Dr Coleman reminded me of my old science teacher lol.He just called me said there was something wrong, the answer's were all over the place as he put it and we need to hook up?This is odd as I did the same exam with a different Dr. referred by Advanced Security and Law Enforcement Training LLC nad had no problems.Unfortunately I let that expire so Im puzzled?Also another thing was that when I signed up I had to sign disclaimer to not hold spag accountable if I fail and here I am subsequently maybe approaching that way.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by Take the red pill View Post
    Thank you my brother I took the exams at Spag,it was kind of a weird process,but worked out later I thought.The Physical was good and smooth the Dr was alright.The psych exam was long and Dr Coleman reminded me of my old science teacher lol.He just called me said there was something wrong, the answer's were all over the place as he put it and we need to hook up?This is odd as I did the same exam with a different Dr. referred by Advanced Security and Law Enforcement Training LLC nad had no problems.Unfortunately I let that expire so Im puzzled?Also another thing was that when I signed up I had to sign disclaimer to not hold spag accountable if I fail and here I am subsequently maybe approaching that way.
    I'm assuming you took the MMPI or a derivative. It's entirely possible that you contradicted yourself, possibly just by failing to read the questions. It's quite possible the doc just wants to feel you out and then sign off on you.
    FOAC Volunteer. NREMT-P. NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun Instructor & RSO. BSA Rangemaster. Act 235.
    Selling: Remington R1 1911

(Allegheny County)

I have a question, is this lethal weapons training course difficult? What kind of things do they teach you in this course and how long is it? 4 weeks? 40 hours?

(Allegheny County)

It's so easy, I wouldn't be concerned.
    "Having a gun and thinking you are armed is like having a piano and thinking you are a musician" Col. Jeff Cooper (U.S.M.C. Ret.)
    Speed is fine, Accuracy is final

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by Jaydubz2014 View Post
    I have a question, is this lethal weapons training course difficult? What kind of things do they teach you in this course and how long is it? 4 weeks? 40 hours?

The class is 40 hours long.

We teach the whole course in 2 weekends (4 hours on Friday and then all day Saturday and Sunday).

1st weekend is for firearms and the other weekend we do all the classroom stuff and some defensive tactics.

It is not a difficult certification by any means. As long as you can put accurate hits on paper, you will do fine.

AG

(Allegheny County)

Anyone out there need an ACT235 certified firearms instructor for free.

I am looking to help out any school in the Pittsburgh area just for the experience.
    "Having a gun and thinking you are armed is like having a piano and thinking you are a musician" Col. Jeff Cooper (U.S.M.C. Ret.)
    Speed is fine, Accuracy is final

(Allegheny County)

I have a few other final questions if someone could answer these.

What kind of stuff do they give you in the written exams?

What if u fail once? Do they give u a chance to retake the test? say bye bye to your fee for the schooling? 400$ or more?

What is the general pay for someone working as a Armed security guard?

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910