Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Juniata County)

Default Need to kill PA Senate Bill 1093. Please call your rep

Lehigh Valley Open Carry shared this on their facebook feed. It is clear enough I don't feel the need to retype.

Time to call your state Senators folks. Senator Lawrence Farnese Jr. has introduced SB 1093. It is currently in committee. Let's keep it off the floor and get it to die there.
    He wants to amend our Castle Doctrine to limit our protections in the event of a SD shoot.

Here is the memo on the bill to the other Senators.
    http://www.legis.state.pa.us/cfdocs/...cosponId=13150...
    See More
    "Cives Arma Ferant"

"I know I'm not James Bond, that's why I don't keep a loaded gun under the pillow, or bang Russian spies on a regular basis." - GunLawyer001

(Chester County)

Default Re: Need to kill PA Senate Bill 1093. Please call your rep

Senator, and I use that term loosely, Lawrence Farnese must be one of those people who think that Trayvon Martin was just some poor kid out for a stroll when an evil white person (read white hispanic) shot him in the back for kicks because he hates all black people. His whole amendment seems to come out of the prosecutors playbook.
    "Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it." — Thomas Paine

(Lancaster County)

Enjoy the Castle Doctrine while Corbett is governor, once he's defeated next election, good bye CD. Hell we may become a may issue state like MD, NJ, and NY at the rate the cancer is spreading.

Quote Originally Posted by sigsauer357 View Post
    Enjoy the Castle Doctrine while Corbett is governor, once he's defeated next election, good bye CD. Hell we may become a may issue state like MD, NJ, and NY at the rate the cancer is spreading.
    which is why we will need to focus on state representative races IMO. The governor does not make laws, Just signs or vetoes them. I have a feeling that the next few Years will see an antigun democrat as the governor and Kane as attorney general. But if we can keep the legislative branch we can hopefully ride it out.

(Wayne County)

Quote Originally Posted by internet troll View Post
    which is why we will need to focus on state representative races IMO. The governor does not make laws, Just signs or vetoes them. I have a feeling that the next few Years will see an antigun democrat as the governor and Kane as attorney general. But if we can keep the legislative branch we can hopefully ride it out.
    Hopefully our republican state officals will have more backbone than our national ones. We change laws on local levels and need more people like Metcalfe.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by internet troll View Post
    Colorado likely said the same damn thing last election

(York County)

Then like him or not everyone on this board needs to get out and vote to keep him in the state house. Let's not repeat past mistakes because we will not get a second chance this time.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by sigsauer357 View Post
    We need to push the cancer back and kill off its growth. I'm up for it, are you? Start turning your neighbors into us instead of them turning us into them.
    "You can't stop insane people from doing insane things by passing insane laws--that's insane!" -- Penn Jillette

"To my mind it is wholly irresponsible to go into the world incapable of preventing violence, injury, crime, and death. How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic." -- Ted Nugent

(Northampton County)

Folks we need action not grousing.

Does anyone have language we can use to oppose this legislation?

When I contact my State Senator and Representative I need talking points as I am not politically inclined.

(Allegheny County)

Lets get some points together. I dont have much experience with this, but I do have a brain and a voice. I read what he wants to do, and disagree, but I would like some organized thoughts before making a contact.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast